Direct TV / salesman lies/ contract scams
A salesman called and offered me a great package: 3 months free movies and a $59.99 package for $39.99 for 12 months. All I had to do was download a discount activation form and mail in. I was told I'd pay $59.99 the first month, since the form wouldn't make it to their office in time, but months 2-13 would be $39.99.
* No one at Direct TV could ever produce the form; it was never at the locations to which they referred me, so I couldn't activate my discounts. No one would fix my billing.
* They all played helpless... but wanted me to pay the first bill, which was for the first 2 months: around $125.
* No one would ever honor the promises made by the sales person.
* Of course, I had signed a contract for 24 months for the dish and receiver; that's their scam. Once they get your contract, they can do whatever they want as far as billing, and there is nothing you can do. You have to keep programming active for 24 months.
* The last person I talked to told me they can increase the prices whenever they want.
*They are not in business to give you a product and make you happy. They are obviously in business to make money, by whatever means necessary. THIS WAS A WELCOME BACK, PREVIOUS CUSTOMER special. Imagine how they'll treat you. STAY AWAY from these liars!
*Now they're billing me for early disconnect, since I hate doing business with cheats and liars like Direct TV... around $450.
*I'll fight it to the end. Contact your Attorney General's office if you've been scammed by these people.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- Direct TV - programing 
- DirecTV - unable to fast forward through ads 
- DirecTV - customer service department and billing 
- DirecTV and AT&T - unauthorized charges 
- DirecTV - the new format for taping and watching taped programs