Direct TV / salesman lies/ contract scams

A salesman called and offered me a great package: 3 months free movies and a $59.99 package for $39.99 for 12 months. All I had to do was download a discount activation form and mail in. I was told I'd pay $59.99 the first month, since the form wouldn't make it to their office in time, but months 2-13 would be $39.99.
* No one at Direct TV could ever produce the form; it was never at the locations to which they referred me, so I couldn't activate my discounts. No one would fix my billing.
* They all played helpless... but wanted me to pay the first bill, which was for the first 2 months: around $125.
* No one would ever honor the promises made by the sales person.
* Of course, I had signed a contract for 24 months for the dish and receiver; that's their scam. Once they get your contract, they can do whatever they want as far as billing, and there is nothing you can do. You have to keep programming active for 24 months.
* The last person I talked to told me they can increase the prices whenever they want.
*They are not in business to give you a product and make you happy. They are obviously in business to make money, by whatever means necessary. THIS WAS A WELCOME BACK, PREVIOUS CUSTOMER special. Imagine how they'll treat you. STAY AWAY from these liars!
*Now they're billing me for early disconnect, since I hate doing business with cheats and liars like Direct TV... around $450.
*I'll fight it to the end. Contact your Attorney General's office if you've been scammed by these people.

Gr

Comments

• St
      25th of Sep, 2009

I singed up for a $29.99/month service as advertised last May, upon my moving to Virginia beach.
    Until tonight, September 25, 2009, I had no idea that an old account, disconnected for over two years, was all I could log into at direct tv's website.

My email has been kept in company records in association with a disconnected service. and prohibited me from accessing my new account. I expected the services I signed up for to be active and I just learned tonight that I had to cash in a rebate for the services I signed up for over the phone--I was not told by the sales representatives that I must do so to obtain what I'd signed up for. I learn now that a grossly expensive service was instead implemented without my knowledge, and I have been paying $79/month for said services--services that sometimes fluctuated with some channels available at unaccountable times, otherwise not available at all.

I am angry that my email was kept in online files preventing me from accessing my current account, from accessing current info. I wanted the service i signed up for. instead, a much more expensive service was charged me, and now i learn that termination of service will cost me $400!

I have spoken with several reps tonight, and have achieved nothing but a change of programing to the very lowest level--I should not have been shifted to such expensive service after not having been inforemed by representatives of a need to active a rebate. I depended on the internet services direct tv provides to be kept informed of up-to-date circumstances, only to find I have not been.

Talking with representatives tonight has left me with a very bad taste in my mouth, and I feel that direct tv is even worse than cox cable, which I loath. I am told it is all my fault, that direct tv has no responsibility for sales-reps' failures, etc

I feel ripped off and abused by representatives who are unable to accept repsonibility for failures and ommissions, and for innaccurate reporting of content of previous calls to direct tv.

I want the programing I signed up for, and the extravagant amount of money I've spent credited to my account.

I am furious over being held accountable to a system that is certainly devised to confuse, misinform and discount my efforts to obtain the services I signed up for.

• Ly
      15th of Aug, 2013

I just went thru this with salemen that promised me internet and cable. I now sit with two satellites, two seperate bills.Talk to direct t.v. management two days ago and she promised I would not be charged for breaking the contract. and they would be here to get the satellite under these circumstances. I called today to see when they were disconnecting my able. I was informed there was nothing stating this lady told me that and I would be charged for disconnecting early. The best part is the salemen new I could not get the internet were I lived and stated he could. This is all on the contract. I've only had this service for less than two months. And Ive been fighting. Any help?