Having problems with OpticalTel?

OpticalTel reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 26, 2016. The latest review Installation and customer service was posted on Jul 21, 2020. OpticalTel has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 9 reviews. OpticalTel has resolved 0 complaints.

OpticalTel Customer Service Contacts

1360 S Dixie Highway, Suite № 200
Coral Gables, Florida
Payment Address
P.O. Box 10710, Miami, FL 33101-0710

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with OpticalTel Customer Service. Initial OpticalTel complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for OpticalTel above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about OpticalTel. Discuss the issues you have had with OpticalTel and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

OpticalTel Complaints & Reviews

OpticalTelInstallation and customer service

After waiting two weeks for installation of WiFi and cable, I do have WiFi, but no cable! The tech started at 10:00 am and as of 5:30 pm still no cable!!! Tech left for another job around noon and said he would return if cable didn't work. I have made six calls for technical support and have had the system reset each time. Still no cable and no tech. Opticaltel assured me the tech would be back tonight - no time commitment and still no tech!!! Customer service is deplorable or should I say non-existent.

OpticalTelFailure to complete project

Opticaltel is 1.5 years behind in providing service to our community; a clear breach of contract. They dug holes in the ground and put some cable down, but didn't complete the connection. Meanwhile, we're all paying Spectrum 3 times what we used to, because we lost the sweet bulk deal we had with them. Our board fears being sued if they pull out of the contract.

I don't look forward to getting their service if they ever do complete the job, based on everything I've read. I've heard them referred to as Opticahell, which is really far too kind.

OpticalTelTV/Internet

My mother lives in a Condo community in Florida. They have contracted as a community to have Optical Tel provide both TV through Direct TV and internet.

The Direct TV stops, freezes, sound gets funny every few hours. The Direct TV looses it signal often and is just all around a poor excuse for cable television.

As for the internet, Optical Tel promises 50Mps download speed. Never gets there. The service cuts out on a random basis. It seems as if they are monitoring use and are throttling heaver users so as to preserve overall band-width for the community. I have complained about this and they deny this is the procedure exists. They keep telling me its my wireless router that is shutting down the signal. I have ordered a new router and we will see now who is telling the truth!

OpticalTelmy cable

what is going on no channel for over a mo. all of feb. now here it is 3-11 still no channel, when i call all i get is working on it and then you send a bill come on, this is nuts, now can a cable co. have you pay for some thing you dont get .. like i said no cable all of feb. and now into march still no cable ..all i get is we are woking on it, , or no updates.. at this time..

• Wi
            William jacoby Mar 17, 2021

I also am in a community that picked optical. My service always has a problem which is different each week. When I have called them they always say: there is a service problem affecting the community. We will have repairs done as soon as possible. Never happens. Their system does not accept my TiVo dvr which is the best. I used to be able to use it with my last cable company without any problem for 10 years. This company provides one which is crap. Sometimes it doesn’t record. Sometimes the picture is blurred. Sometimes the audio drops out.
            So many other problems. I try to use over the air shows when possible. I also use a few streaming services which are all great.

OpticalTelcable tv

This is a rv park (quail roost rv park) which has many rvs that is getting your cable. The reception is very poor and over 7 channels has directv sports advertisement on it. When a storm outs the service a directv logo spins across the tv telling you to check your box or how to fix it or check your satellite. Satellite? How is this possible with cable? I called directv and they say no way can this happened. But when I called you guys one of your team told me you get our tv thru directv and thats why I am seeing this. Really? Seems like someone is telling tales or maybe you or directv is telling lies. But when I watch my one tv it is telling me iam watching the show on satellite... Well my tv does not lie. It knows where the signal is coming from. So what the heck are you ppl doing? Love to hear your reply asap. This has been going on for months.

OpticalTelcable service

This community recently contracted with opticaltel for wifi and whatever else service they're shooting this way — but I can honestly say this is one of the worst companies I have ever had the unfortunate luck of being stuck with.

First, their customer service representatives have the worst attitude, when a person calls them, they sound bored, uncaring, and frankly — uninterested in "your problem." lately, opticaltel channels have been experiencing "network errors." I was first told that it wasn't just my community, but a system wide issue. Ok, I can accept that. But then it happened two more times — same issue, whenever I dvr a show because I work, I go to play it and I get a message that reads, "this recording cannot be played because of a network error. Please try again later." (believe me, that "later" doesn't work). When I call them, they have excuse after excuse. How does this company stay in business? This is low-quality cable or wifi company - super low quality. If you can avoid their service, by all means, run the other direction.

OpticalTel — re-wired my condo with coax all over the floor boards, around door frames.

Our condo was previously using Comcast for cable and internet. When our contract ran out, the condo decided...

OpticalTel — Cable tv

Opticaltel bought the assets of Florida Fiber Network. We received a letter from Florida Fiber indicating...

OpticalTel — Internet service

. I been having issues with my Internet everyday for over a month now and every time I call customer service...