Direct Tv / unauth. withdrawal of funds

United States Review updated:

Monsters! Thats the word that comes to mind when discussing the business practices of Direct TV. Two days before Christmas, Direct TV decides to withdraw over $500 from a co-workers account, without notification. She had discontinued service with Direct TV back in June, and now without warning, in December, they take over $500 out of her account. She hadnt even received a bill from them since June either.There is something sooooo wrong about this. My question is who can she contact to dispute this? The local rep from Direct TV refused to give her the corporate number to complain, which makes this situation even more questionable.

Comments

• Ba
      23rd of Dec, 2008

Small claims court! That they'll understand.

• Rg
      8th of Jan, 2009

I had been a customer of DirecTV for about 6 yrs. Back in March of 2007, I ordered one of those DTV or whatever those recording boxes are called. I knew there was a monthly fee. Anyway, no problem. Then I found out that I could get satellite service cheaper thru my phone company bundled with phone, cell phone, and internet. So I signed up with them. And cancelled DirecTV. Well, they said I owed them about $225 for early termination fee. I said no way, but they told me that it was because I have a early cancellation fee on that box. Nobody had ever mentioned any such fee when I was told about the box and signed up for it. So I am not going to pay it. It will be a disputed item with the credit bureau and if they keep bothering me over it, I will go to the FCC, Texas Attorney General, and any other agencies to complain about their devious tactics to get this huge sum. I never could figure out how to use the box. I am a senior citizen, disabled and confined to bed at this time. I can't hook up and unhook wires and such and this is what they expected me to do in order to get it to work. Never did work for me, so I feel that my stopping the service was valid and because they NEVER told me there was an early cancel fee, I refuse to pay it!

21st of Jan, 2009

Similar thing happened to me, they don;t explain this 2 year committment to you when you order Direct TV, they show up to your house, install everything, then ask you to sign papers. The installer told me, you have to sign to say you recieved the equipment. I told him, I never agreed to a 2 year agreement. He said that is between you and Direct TV. I need you to sign saying you recieved the equipment. THE FCC AND FTC should be brought into this. They are using deceptive practices. They know this, that is why they hide a clause about arbitration in the contract that you don't see until you have the equipment installed. Basically it will cost me 125.oo in arbitration fees to recover my 240.00 that they stole from my checking account. DONT EVER SUBSCRIBE TO DIRECT TV!!!

• Gc
      13th of Nov, 2009

I cancelled my Direct Tv Sept 1rst 2009 they said there would be a $140.00 early cancellation fee, ok I accepted that, however when I didn't pay it right away, they took $258.00 out of my checking account without my knowledge.

There should be a law against that and I would love to get together with everyone and sue them, I was on the phone 3 days in a row, I sooke to the corporate office and she was very rud, they are the worst company that I have ever dealt with.

it seems as everyone is having the same problem with Direct TV. I think that they should be sued for unautorized withdrawing money from anyone's account, I hope they go out of business,

I think if everyone should e-mail the Attorney General's office and maybe something could be done about them,