Direct TV / direct tv is cheating the public

1. Direct tv refused to suspend tv service after i made this request by phone. They said my current bill had to be paid. The current bill was not overdue. I have been a customer for several years, have always paid my bills, have never had a billing problem.

2. Direct tv refused to suspend my tv service after i made the request a second time by way of a written note. I paid the current bill by its due date. I enclosed a note to suspend the service. Based on what direct tv had told me - the bill had to be paid and then they would suspend service.

3. Direct tv billed me a monthly charge after i had suspended service twice - by phone and by written note. Seems there is no communication between the billing department that received my written note and the department that suspends service; and, therefore, i must pay for a month of service after i had twice requested suspension of that service.

4. Direct tv refused to suspend my tv service after i made the request a third time, by phone. Direct tv said the the charges billed me for the month after i had twice requested suspension of service, by phone and by written note, had to be paid first before they would suspend service.

This company is outrageous. Direct tv is cheating the public with made up charges, making it difficult to suspend service so they can collect extra charges. This cheating company should not be allowed to operate in any area where there is no competitor. Their license should be suspended in all areas where they have no competition.

Comments

5th of Mar, 2009

Yes I have just experienced the same thing and catch this one. I had service for 18 months which was my commitment term-I cancelled one week after the 18 month-they charged me $125.00 for early termination and just yesterday I got socked with a a$52.82 cent charge. I called their customer service and you are transferred to the Philippines. I asked to speak with a manager and they told me this was for pay per view events that showed up on my access cards from 2007!!! Well I tried to tell this idiot that my phone line was never connected to any receiver so therefore I never got the event and yet you can try and steal my money from me 18 months later? There needs to be something done about this company legally. I am furious. Not only did I fill my commitment but also I had the most expensive HD package they carried for 5 rooms. How can this company be allowed to do this?