Direct TV / direct tv is cheating the public
1. Direct tv refused to suspend tv service after i made this request by phone. They said my current bill had to be paid. The current bill was not overdue. I have been a customer for several years, have always paid my bills, have never had a billing problem.
2. Direct tv refused to suspend my tv service after i made the request a second time by way of a written note. I paid the current bill by its due date. I enclosed a note to suspend the service. Based on what direct tv had told me - the bill had to be paid and then they would suspend service.
3. Direct tv billed me a monthly charge after i had suspended service twice - by phone and by written note. Seems there is no communication between the billing department that received my written note and the department that suspends service; and, therefore, i must pay for a month of service after i had twice requested suspension of that service.
4. Direct tv refused to suspend my tv service after i made the request a third time, by phone. Direct tv said the the charges billed me for the month after i had twice requested suspension of service, by phone and by written note, had to be paid first before they would suspend service.
This company is outrageous. Direct tv is cheating the public with made up charges, making it difficult to suspend service so they can collect extra charges. This cheating company should not be allowed to operate in any area where there is no competitor. Their license should be suspended in all areas where they have no competition.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- Direct TV - direct tv refund
- DirecTV - billing/refund
- DirecTV - tv service
- DirecTV - early terminatin fee
- DirecTV - genie replacement