Direct TV / double billing

When our equipment was returned after cancelling our service in Oct, 2008 -Direct TV 'engineer's' found un paid ppv's that had not been sent to their main receiver from 2007. We had equipment problems in 2008 and had to pay serveral hundred dollars of ppv's that had not been billed according to Direct TV. However, our monthly billing statements showed the movies we ordered on each statement. We settled and paid the account balance in full. When I called to dispute the additional equipment charges-they deducted the disputed amount from our checking account without our authorization. According to our bank, there is nothing we can do if they run the charge through as a debit.

Consumers Beware!

Di

Comments

• Td
      9th of Mar, 2009

They just did the same thing to me, unbelievable. Charged me for the same UFC fight, from 2007, 3 times!!! Tried to order through the TV but was anable to because I did not have a land line hooked up. The representative told me I could only order via online if I did not have a land line. So, I ordered it online, then 1.5 years later after cancelling they billed me for it again, twice!! Because I tried on the TV twice and it didn't work, but according to them, it did. Yeah they were there and saw it working.

So, if what they say is true, why would I bother turning on my computer, loading the website, logging in, finding the fight or movie or whatever, then ordering it, when all I had to do was push a button on the DTV remote?

Times are tough, economy isn't well, they must be losing customers, this is one way for them to try and get more income. If they are wrong and find out they are wrong, they say sorry. If the customer pays, they get free money. What a [censored]ing scam!!

Crappy thing is I would have ordered DTV again, I am renting a room that has local cable. Now I will never order from them, ever. So long NFL ticket.