Direct TV / rebate referals 50/50 visa cards

I responded to the Direct Tv hook-up through my daughter for a 50 dollar referal for each of us, then I refered my cousin for the same deal. We called and maile in the referal form. They are telling us now that we don't qualify because Direct Star Tv hooked us up and we were suposed to call an 866 number to get our rebates. We were not told that in the begining and it is not our fault that they sub the connecting work out to Direct Star Tv company. WE WANT OUR $50 rebate visa cards.

Comments

• De
      11th of Nov, 2008

I had the same problem I am considering DIsh network This is baloney, i have a friend who is inte5rested in getting direct tv and since we got screwed by them why refer any one else I want my
    friends and our 50/50 cards

• Cv
      14th of Jun, 2009

I had the exact same issue with directv. I reffered my freind and now we have been fighting with directv for two months over this. It is absolutely ridiculous that you are supposed to call a number that is not clear with you to start with. We were supposed to get $100 in credits each.

I am looking into filing a class action law suit against Directv for not honoring their referral program. Anyone who has been mislead by this promotion please post a complaint to this site. The more we fight then maybe we can actually get what was initially promised to us!

• Ke
      23rd of Jul, 2009

My grandmother and I just went through the same crap! with direct tv/ directstar! I think it would be a good idea to fill a class action lawsuit! Because Direct tv seems to be notorious with cheating people on these rebates! And all of that money adds up!

• Cr
      9th of Jan, 2010

i crystal hollins too was lied to by direct star tv i was supposed to recieve 2 $50.00 visa cards and never did they lie to get u to switch over to them i had a friend refer me and we never got the referal because they said i used direct star and he used direct tv its all BULL and then they try to tell u that u have agreed to a contract so if u cancel ur direct tv u will be charged more money something has got to be done about them lying to people to get them as a costomer.

• Ih
      20th of Feb, 2010

I was lied to also! exact same issue! I literally just got off the phone with these guys! signme up for the lawsuit! THEIR CROOKS!

confidentchris@hotmail.com

• My
      14th of May, 2010

I too was hoodwinked by Direct TV. I was supposed to get a $100 rebate that never happened. Its amazing how quick they can take their payments, but can't give customers their rebate.

20th of May, 2010

I have had the EXACT same experience. We gave them the account number of the friend who referred us, all of the information, and the person said, "you will receive your $10 per month for 10 months starting in 2 to 3 billing cycles." It never happened. Now six months later they are telling me that the person who we talked to was not an "authorized dealer". There is no excuse for why we should not be getting our money. We have direct t.v. and we ordered it through a person speaking for direct t.v. How would we know who is authorized or not. WE DON'T! They have lied to us and cheated us out of our money. I want to sue also. A class action law suit. They cannot get away with this.

• Ap
      31st of Aug, 2010

Same story here, after being a customer for 6 weeks I called about the (2) $50.00 Visa gift cards. After multiple transfers, and 2 hours, I reached a supervisor who told me that there was supposed to be a code on the installation receipt that the tech left. All I had to do was call 800 966 9375 for the rebate...but oh wait, I was signed up by Direct star so I'm not eligible. I don't even know who Direct Star is, I called the number on their web site to sign up for service.

If it sounds too good to be true it probably is!!

• Pe
      12th of Sep, 2010

Yes, direct tv is full of crap. I signed up for the service in june 2010 and was told i would get a 100 visa card when i sign, it would take 60 days to process. When i called to check status on the card, i was told that at the time i signed up, they were not offering visa cards as and incentive for signing up. I guess i just IMAGINED the promise of the visa debit card and just got the part where i signed up for the service correct. Yes, i agree, a class action lawsuit should be filed against direct tv for their misleading ads and shady business deals.

• Pi
      22nd of Sep, 2010

This is some crap im pissed off!!! I was checking my mail for 8 weeks and I never received my damn card! I was appalled when I called and they said that I signed up with direct star!!! What is wrong with this crap?! They are a JIp IM gonna call comcast asap!!! This is BS!!!

• Di
      13th of Oct, 2010

We are having the same problem with Direct Star. They are horrible. We got the run around in the beginning then was told to go to fastrebates.com and did that and applied then they proceeded to tell us that my sister account was not current and we were not able to get the gift cards because of it. It is horrible. We are so frustrated. I am going to do everything I can to get my cards, and maybe even more then what we are suppose to get! This is a big SCAM!!!

• Do
      28th of Oct, 2010

Just got off the phone with these liars...Two $50 GC's that I also imagined...I'm really pissed! Greedy sonsa[censored]es! Less than a month with this company, can't wait to see what the future holds...

• Br
      12th of Nov, 2010

same thing happened here... promised a rebate, said we had to wait, waited, called again, said wait, waited, called again, said they have no record of or referral... this is bs!!!

• Ri
      19th of Nov, 2010

Same thing here!! Still waiting!! Karrie

• Bp
      10th of Dec, 2010

Same problem referred a friend suppose to get $10.00 off next 10 months for both of us. Have been calling every month regarding credit.Have been told it would take 4-6weeks, it's been 4 months. Called today states I called the wrong # to refer a friend. Told them (talked to three different people-1st person, supervisor then manager) that I have the bill in my hand that I recieved today and it states to call 1-800-462-9535, to refer a friend and they tell me that is not the correct #. I told them this is what it says on here.I told Kim-Manager about this website and I was reading the complaints to her regardingthe same issue over and over again. She didn't bother to be helpful at all and didn't careto loose a customer. Either case I was told neither one of us would not be getting the credit. I asked to disconnect my services. BC

23rd of Dec, 2010

What a nightmare Direct TV was for me. They were to be part of the AT&T pkg... and Direct at my location was the sub-contracted company for this pkg. I blame AT&T the same, as they are the company that was to offer and honor pkg price... but due to separate billing from Direct TV that NEVER hit my $99.00 plus tax- the package deal was for one year, while I pd different prices with the avg price charge for AT&T and Direct totaling over $150. In addition, they charged me for relocating out of state during my second year of service, and stated I had a two yr contract with them, NOT the one yr offer from the AT&T pkg contract.
    Oh- I never rec'd my promo credit card either, like many others, for signing up for the AT&T pkg.
    Lastly, they debited by card w/out permission, and I suppose they rec'd my credit acct number from a one time authorized pmt transaction. They did charge me for the cancel fee too.
    I so hope- they close/out of biz, class action suits fly against them... and I pray for the energy to "fight them over their lack of ethics etc", as I am disabled... and in a position to have to "pick my battles daily".
    I am glad to learn many are standing up... maybe the Atty General will get involved.
    Maybe someone with start an easy to use, online petition... I would sign it.
    My email to send site for petition, if one is started: PISKG@aol.com.

• Je
      30th of Dec, 2010

I WAS SUPOSE TO GET INSTALLED TO AND THEY MESS UP MY ORDER AND NOW I HAVE NO TV FOR ME OR MY KIDS TO WATCH CAUSE I CANCAL DISH IT MESS UP THAT U CAN MESS SOMETHING SO EASY AND MESS PEOPLE LIFE SO BAD

• Je
      30th of Dec, 2010

I WAS SUPPOSE TO GET INSTALLED TODAY AND THEY MESS UP MY ORDER AND DIDNT GET INSTALL NOW THEIR TELLING ME I HAVE TO WAITE TILL JANUARY 5 2011 I THINK THAT SO WRONG THAT KNOW I HAVE NO TV CAUSE I CANCEL DISH NETWORK SO THAT I CAN HAVE DIRECT TV I REALLY UP SET

• Li
      20th of Feb, 2011

I made the mistake of originally signing up through DirectStar TV and now I have been told that I will not receive the $50 Visa gift card and neither will the person that referred me. Direct Star TV says they have no record of my account and Direct TV will honor it! because they don't show it on my account either. I followed the instructions perfectly and have a copy of the forms. I would LOVE to be a part of the class action suit! It has been a nightmare! My bill is still no where close to what I thought I was signing up for! Linda R from Houston

4th of Mar, 2011

direct star lied mabout the stations we would recieve