Direc TV - / no service,. regulaunauthorized charges, regulation needed!

Coon Rapids, MN, United States Review updated:
Sudden loss of service. Tryed to get in touch with direct tv. No direct service lines. Just ads to buy more or special packages. Finally got in touch wsith someone. A charge for a technician to come to the house. Several weeks now wiothout service; the technician finally comes, says everything is fine and we did have intermittent service to our hd tv. We told direct tv that they must send us a correct bill for only the time we actually had service. We then got a bill for technician fees plus insurance plus—late fees. No, we want a corrected bill no late fees, because we are disputing your bill. After several emails they took off a few days of the bill but kept applying the late fees. By now, we are irritated and said send us a corrected itemized bill and we will pay it, without the late fees. They said they would disconnect us. Once they disconnected us - the contract was broken, and we went to another service. Also, the attorney generals' office has received all email records along with a complaint form and any further correcspondence including an "unauthorized" charge that our charge account credited back to us as a result of informing them immedidately.
We intend to follow this through until this industry has regulations that require them to meet fair business practices and have readily available service numbers and qualified technicians to repair there service.
Sh

Comments

Su
  10th of Nov, 2008
I love the service with Direct TV - but when it rains, I lose this wonderful service. I have no way of receiving information pertaining to weather alerts or other problems at that time. Direct TV had no resolution for this situation except that I should turn on my radio for weather alerts.

I live next door to the Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW); a location where weather is a serious issue.

I called the company and after proceeding through a slew of computerized questions and cut offs, i finally reached Brisa, who sent me to technical support Andy who referred me to a phone number that was connected to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I called back, and after the LONG rediculous computerized idiosy, I talked with a Shara in the billing dept. who referred me to tech support.

Tech support had no answer for me except to pay for them to come out and check my dish. Ha!
NOT going there!

I called back. I got Jessica in billing (another billing bimbo) who shared that when it rains, I am susceptible to lose my service. My whole reason for complaining on this has to do with the fact that there is threatening weather and I lose communications as to my safety. She told me to turn on the radio! Oh My Stars!!

I expressed my appreciation for her, but told her, the company was not helping me, the customer in this situation.

Ok, so I called back again. I spoke with Carlos in the billing dept and then he sent me to the Tech support dept to Stacy. She checked my signal strength and capabilities and all seemed to be in fine working order. No problems. So again, I was told that with Direct TV i was likely to lose service during a rain storm or when the satellite has been blocked by weather or other means.

This is not beneficial for life situations and Direct TV MUST find solutions to this issue!!!

Therefore, Direct TV cannot and will not be able