DHL / billing errors/fraud
Potential large-scale shippers need to know this. From the very beginning of DHL service, we had frequent incidents of packages being billed at weights far exceeding their actual weight -- probably averaged one in five, at least. More than once, 30# billing weight for a cardboard carton containing 5# of coffee. More often the difference was smaller (2-5# overbilling). Repeated complaints got nowhere. For a couple of years, a service rep at an intermediary broker company managed to get the errors corrected and the bills amended; then no longer. We were advised to pay the correct (reduced) amount and send DHL an e-mail detailing the errors (this gets a bit tiresome!). Finally, we quit using DHL altogether. Months later, we got a dun from a "settlement agency", with which we worked out (we thought) a settlement. Months after that, a sheaf of "unpaid bills" arrived by fax, together with a letter from a collection agency threatening legal action if we didn't pay at once. Explained the whole affair and told them that if they bothered us any more we were going to consider suing DSL for fraud. A few months later, same deal -- from a different collection agency; same explanation. A few months later, repeat with yet another. I've forgotten just how many, and all has been quiet for several months now; just praying it stays that way! Bottom line: AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!
More DHL Complaints & Reviews
- DHL Canada - delivery 
- DHL - customs charge scam 
- DHL - a blouse which has been stuck in customs fr more than a month... 
- DHL PAKET - dhl germany two times could not deliver the same parcel to australia 
- DHL - staff mistakes, system related failures & bad customer service 
- DHL Express - service!!!
- DHL Express - customer service
- DHL Express - customs clearance
- DHL Express - shipping service
- DHL Express - inefficiency, delivery/clearance delay & very poor communication