DHL / frauding adn stealing the clients

1 Syria Review updated:

My name is Iad ZENELDIN,
My number is +[protected] E-mail: eadoo@hotmail.com

I am receiving document parcels through DHL from my partners in turkey; DHL claimed a fee for the documents parcel stating that it is for the custom clearance! This is not accepted for the following reasons:

1- The sender is unaware that the documents will be charged again at the destination "he paid for D2D service"
2- All other express mail companies in Syria do not charge us for similar mails.
3- Claimed fees do not stand on official custom clearance fees, thus they can easily claim higher and higher fees upon the receiver compliance.
4- express Documents are not cargo, and according to the price lists and fees paid upon sending, it is assumed “even clearly stated” that the documents will reach the destination hand without any extra fee.

All above could be seen as DHL is seizing unduly our need for the documents that they have in their hands to make extra profit.

It is recommended that DHL increase its sending prices “instead of claiming hidden fees” to be in the consistent business basis and protocols, and it is requested that they handle the mails without claiming new fees, as promised when the agreement between DHL and the sender was made.

Ia

Comments

• Bu
      20th of Mar, 2009

I just had the same experience - I shipped a package from the USA to my parents in India. After a long delay where tracking code said "Clearance Delay" they delivered the package but only after demanding from my parents a hefty sum of money. DHL invoice for this hefty money mentioned a customs charge, warehousing charges, miscellaneous charges (no details on this!) and several taxes on top of these charges.

When I called DHL custromer service here in the USA to ask for an explanation and proof that DHL had actually paid Customs Officials (my package was filled with small personal gift items and marked as such - even listing the contents - no way were these subject to customs charges which are meant for commercial products), they rudely told me "we are not India" and whatever DHL India does is not our responsibility.

I wrote to the DHL Office of President both about my main complaint of additional (& unexplained) charges at the delivery address and the customer services refusal to help. Their response was an apology for customer service actions and a promise to intiate inquiry - two weeks later only update I received is to say that they are still waiting to hear back from DHL offices in India.

I would like to caution consumers - DHL seems to hold receipients of mailed packages at ransom to make more money (I don't know if these tactics are specifically targeted to retired & elderly people like my parents who might not be in a position to fight back). This is the first and last time I use DHL for shipping anything international or domestic and I hope others learn from my experience.

• Su
      23rd of Nov, 2011

even i feel i have become part of its scam.
    i got a parcel from china worth Rs 3000. along which shipping was 2000 making total of Rs5000
    i first got a call that i have been charged Rs 6000 as duty to which i rejected saying that i will not accept parcel and told them to clear the amount properly. i send all the proofs of purchase to them.
    few days later i got letter from DHL n which duty was written to be rs 600 but some one had written by hand Rs 4000 on it and at same time got a call as well that i had to pay Rs 4000 as duty.
    if the document said that total duty was 600 then why and how were they asking for Rs 4000 and who had written by hand that the duty amount is 4000

i see that there is some duty fraud going on in DHL nowadays

please be aware and always ask for complete documents if you are paying the duty