Delta Airlines / lost luggage

Flying Delta turned my dream vacation into a nightmare. It’s been 29 days since I’ve seen my luggage. Try taking a 12-day Mediterranean cruise with no luggage. It’s awkward, inconvenient, expensive and, without appropriate clothing, you can’t eat in the regular dining rooms. Delta afforded me no relief whatsoever and only responded with form emails. I faxed my formal lost luggage complaint when we returned home 11 days ago and have not heard a word from Delta. I called them four days after I faxed my complaint and, after being on hold for forty minutes, I was told it would take 4-6 weeks to process my complaint. Great way to do business.
I should add that we had 3 changes of itineraries before we even boarded a plane due to mechanical difficulties. One plane sat on the runway all night before they discovered a mechanical issue at 6 am the next morning. We barely made our cruise and had to add two days at the end of our trip so we didn’t go to Italy without seeing Rome,
I apologize to anyone who sees this more than once but I plan to post it anywhere I can until I get some satisfaction from Delta.

Bill Runeari
Oswego, NY

Comments

• Sh
      17th of Jun, 2012

Hi you could try sending an email straight to the ceo richard.anderson@delta.com ;. See how you get on I did he doesnt even care about lost luggage. They lost my luggage which contained medical supplies and there attitude was go to the pharmacy and get replacement which they would reimburse. This wouldve helped it I could do that. But the medication was specially prescribed by a surgeon. THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THERE CUSTOMERS. ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS HOW RICH THEY CAN MAKE THEMSELVES.