Delta Airlines — stolen lost items
On January 15th, 2010, I traveled from Detroit to Washington D.C., once I was on the plane I realized that my Cartier glasses had fallen out of my pocket. I asked the stewardess to call the gate and she offered no assistance or compliance. I called several lost and found numbers provided: (a) tsa, (b) dtw airport, (c) wayne county police, and (d) delta airlines; over that weekend. None of the offices were open. On Sunday, January 17th 2010, I went to the baggage claim and completed a lost item form and they allowed me to look through their lost and found for my glasses. Needless to say, my glasses weren't there.
On March 5, 2010, I traveled from Detroit to Chicago. I figured I'd stop by the gate were I lost my glasses and speak with an agent. To my amazement, the agent remember a family returning the glasses to her, but she stated at the end of her shift, "the glasses were gone". So, where are my glasses? Did an employee of Delta steal my glasses, after a passenger returned them? Is this the business process for lost items: (a) passenger return lost item to agent, and (b) employee steals the glasses? I expressed my frustration to another agent on March 8, 2010, after returning from Chicago and she had the audacity to say, "I should have been more careful". WTF? I should have been more careful, so what should have Delta been...more careful in screening employees?
Delta has my information. Supposedly, someone is going to call me. It's been two business days and nothing. This is not the end for me. The glasses is really not the issue, it's theft. What else has Delta employees stolen?
More Delta Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Delta Airlines - selling companion/buddy passes
- Delta Airlines - con artisit selling delta companion pass
- Delta Airlines - personal items stolen out of luggage
- Delta Air Lines - changing name on skymiles account
- Delta - delta skymiles redemption
- Delta Air Lines - pilot scott w smith
- Delta Airlines - frustration
- Delta Air Lines - do not ever fly delta, stupid at its peak
- Delta Airlines - customer service! negligence
- Delta Air Lines - stolen items from checked bags