Dairy Queen / rude manager/employees

1 Willmar, MN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 320-235-2076

A friend and I went through the drive through of dairy queen in wilmar, mn. After waiting for about five minutes, we finally were attended to. First, I ordered a plain cheesecake blizzard the employee was confused and asked if I had ordered a banana cheesecake blizard. I replied, no plain cheesecake. She then replied, is that all. I then said no and ordered another plain cheesecake blizard with brownie. We pulled up to the window, paid-the total was $6.83. She was obviously still confused as she came back to the window a second time. We explained to her that by plain we meant no strawberries! Five minutes later, a different employee came to the window with our blizzards. One strawberry cheeseake and one strawberry with brownie. I looked over to my friend and before I said a word, she acknowledged that she had made the wrong blizards. We watched them discuss the situation as she returned to the group of four other employees. We waited another five minutes and a older man came to the window, we assumed he was the manager. Before asking us what happened, he accused us of being confused and confusing his workers. He did not hear our order and treated like small children. He told us to take the strawberry blizards and leave. He would not give us a refund. After arguing with him for five mintues, I was so upset I just drove away. At this point it was not the icecream I was upset about-it was the service!!! We pulled into the parking lot to discuss what should be done. We decided to return to the drive through and ask to be treated as normal customers and just reorder. We were told to wait one moment. The man we had preveiously encountered stormed out of the back door to approach us at our car. He told us to drive up to the window so there would be no confussion about "strawberries, cheesecake, bananas, or brownies". We told him we would like to be treated like anyother costumer and we would like to reorder. He replied in a rude manor "well thanks for the business". We drove up to the window again to pay for the same order-we paid $7.28! A different price than the first time! We are submitting this not because of the wrong order but because of how digusted we were with how we were treated!

Al

Comments

• Bi
      3rd of Sep, 2008

Only lazy people use the drive thru.

• Mo
      13th of Nov, 2009

I work at a dairy queen. You shouldn't have been treated like that. It's no big deal if the order was wrong, we just throw the wrong one out and make a new one, blizzards are really easy to make. The customer always comes first.