CVS / manager

Longview, TX, US Review updated:

CVS pharmacy at the Longview location has really stepped up their service in the past few months all employees are very polite and helpful. When I realized I was over charged I went to the front register, this was my big mistake!!The manager Mandie Parker at the front of the store is a young female who is very very rude she was standing on a top display decorating for Christmas yelling down at me that I was wrong about pricing on Dr.Pepper..I told her it is tagged at 88 cents, she said No you are wrong over and over, she finally got down and walked over to the Sale Tag and said OH SOMEONE MUST HAVE MOVED THE TAG... Then she said that's just too bad and she would not honor the price, she said I could return it if I didn't want it, . Mind you we are on talking a total of $2 I had 2 bottles. After I said OK and asked for her name she said OK I will honor it this time since its only a few cents. No apologies and still very rude! I will NEVER step front back in this store! I will transfer all my scripts next week.. I will not put up with this kind of disrespect. As a former retail store manager myself, no matter what the complaint you still need to keep it professional!

Comments

Feb 19, 2011

I've been a long time customer of cvs. Elated when cvs opened in our neighborhood. Yesterday my daughter and her friends decided to take the community bus for the first time to the smith haven mall. After an afternoon of shopping, took the bus back and decided to go into cvs. As soon as the four of them walked in, the mgr (blond hair, short lady named Bonnie?) demanded for them to check their lil Victoria secret bags in with her. As they walked in further, they all agreed how offended they all felt and decided to get their bags and leave. These kids are honor students, are involved with many community service programs and don't deserve to be treated like some thugs!!! I have been a customer service director for 25 years and deal with people from all different walks of life and from all over the world. I have heard many complaints about her from my neighbors, who do not shop there anymore because of her rudeness. Please either replace her or give her soft skills training. If no changes occur, I will not shop there and will get the word out in my pat meetings etc.

• Oh
      Feb 19, 2011

There are many retailers that will not allow customers to take shopping bags, even messanger bags, around their store. It is just common sense. Do you know how easy it is for someone to steal when they have a shopping bag in hand that they can easily stash something into? The policy is there for all customers. Do you know what kind of trouble the manager could get into if she picked and choosed who she asked to leave their bags at the counter?

BTW, the fact that your daughter and friends were offended by this tells me that they were up to no good. I've been asked to leave bags at counters many times and I've never felt "offended" by this because I know they are doing what is necessary to prevent shop lifting. I would hope your daughter and friends, especially since you went out of your way to point out that they are honor students, would be smart enough to know why they were asked to do so. Maybe they were "offended" and left because they knew they weren't going to be able to steal anything.

• Fd
      Feb 19, 2011

I am sure they had "honor student" tattooed on their forehead. Get real! You think only stupid people steal? Ask Bernie Madoff.

• Tr
      Feb 19, 2011

I dont like it either when they check your receipt when leaving after you just purchased your goods, how ever working in retail for 20+ years I can understand why this happens. Your point about leaving their bags at the couter for me I would not care because then I wouldn't have to carry them through the store, my only issue is if they take items out of your bag. You can easily say to them I need to verify that everything is in my bag. If they get offended then they too may be up to no good.
    However in defence of the business more that 70% of their shrink comes from external theft, so with them keeping shrink down you will spend less money on the goods you buy in the future. That should make you happy, people who steal should be shot in my opinion. And the myth that business' have insurance to cover such loss or shrink is false. Shrink (theft) is passed on in the price you pay for the goods you buy.
    Don't be offended just be happy they are trying too keep the prices lower for us customers.

• Po
      Feb 20, 2011

Since you were not there it is very clear your opinion is biased even more so than if you were present. Especially since your child is involved. Do you think your daughter would tell you if she was actually intending to shoplift?

"These kids are honor students, are involved with many community service programs and don't deserve to be treated like some thugs!!!" And this really offends me. People who steal items can look rich or smart or kind. They don't have a certain look. It is better to assume there is risk with everyone than to discriminate based on looks. How was the manager supposed to know your child was an honor student? They didn't do anything wrong and it was in their rights to request that.

I always say this and I'll say it again. I have been asked countless times to check bags and show my receipt, and I have been followed. It has never bothered me, as I have nothing to hide and never will.

Jun 24, 2011

You knew the regulation, because he had told you many times before. Sham on you. You bullied this poor guy in addition to breaking the rules.

Jun 24, 2011

Sorry, meant my post for another complaint.

•   Nov 06, 2012

@Tasha10.. No that's where you are wrong! As a retail Manager of a BIG BOX RETAIL Store I realize wether the customer is right or wrong, you must still show respect when dealing with problems. That's what makes the difference between a GOOD MANAGER and a BAD MANAGER! My income is over 100k per year not my husbands mine! Its from knowing HOW to manage a store! If YOU purchase something priced one thing then paid more I guess you just ROLL OVER and let yourself get screwed! When I approached the mistake I was VERY polite saying ." I THINK I HAVE BEEN OVERCHARGED" Opening the door to fix the problem, I would have walked away if the Manager was polite and said Oh it looks like its been mislabeled! But instead she was like OH WELL THIS IS NOT ON SALE TO BAD FOR YOU! I have never been fired from any job, You sound very jealous of me, , ha ha I bet you work a $8 an hour job at CVS!

• Ho
      Nov 06, 2012

That is not how it went at all. Women should never be in management positions, the only good thing they are for is sex. They should stay in the kitchen and not be working. Yeah I admit I am the one who switched labels, but so what they still have to honor the price. The only reason that she agreed was because yeah I told her if she did not let me have it for the price I would slap her.

•   Nov 06, 2012

Tasha10 I see you have made over 500 ignorant comments on this site. You really need to get a job!

• Ho
      Nov 06, 2012

You make me so angry that I want to punch one of my sons. My son is the one who made the comment about women being sex objects and I broke his jaw for that comment he posted.

• Je
      Dec 07, 2012

I thought the CVS here in Plainview Texas was the only one with rude employee's as well as their district manager but looks like it goes on at all the stores. Don't know how they stay in business but here in our town we're a small town and don't have a large number of pharmacies to chose from but I got yelled at by the regional manager and I don't take that from anyone so I'm trying to find out where my next complaint should be sent.