CVS Caremark Mail Order / unfair billing practices
CVS Caremark has unfair, deceptive billing practices and lousy customer service. Twice they have sent me medications where they have charged me incorrectly. Unfortunately my insurance company gives me no choice but to use them.
On Friday, I received medication in the mail that I did not order and which Caremark did not notify me they were sending. Its explanation was that they had a received my prescription on August 26 and could not refill it until now. But here is what really happened. I had mailed them the prescription in August. They told me they never received it and suggested I have my doctor's office fax it to them, which is what happened. I was speaking to a customer service rep named Abbey about this. They filled the prescription after they received the fax, but then they received the prescription in the mail, but never told me. But they did not want to fill it then because the insurance company would not pay for it until three months had passed.
So last week they decide to send it to me, not asking if I was still using the medication or wanted it. You can't return a medication once they mail it because of FDA regulations. But I don't need the medication and I wanted to use a generic version for the next refill.
You would think they would at least notify the customer they were sending the medication if it can not be returned. I plan on reporting CVS Caremark to the Department of Consumer Affairs, the Insurance Commission and the Attorney General in Massachusetts.
More CVS Caremark Mail Order Complaints & Reviews
- CVS Pharmacy - missing 90 oxycodone from 150 pill prescription. 
- CVS / Pharmacy - being falsely accused by loss prevention!! 
- CVS - customer service 
- CVS / Pharmacy - mistreatment by manager 
- CVS Pharmacy - not responsiveness 
- CVS Pharmacy #05543 - I was on hold for over an hour
- CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health - pharmacy 
- CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health - calling in a prescription 
- CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health - understaffing and extremely slow drive thru-service.
- CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health - pharmacy - unable to order medication, etc.