Cricket Communications / rip-off!
If you think the insurance that you have on your Cricket phone is worth the monthly fee, you are wrong.
My Kyocera Slider Remix is malfunctioning; I can only hear the person calling me if I use the external speaker (speaker phone). So, naturally I go through the process of having it replaced because I have insurance on it which costs $4.95 a month. This insurance is called "Handset Protection Plan" or simply "Replacement Plan". By the sound of it you would think that if you lose your phone or it breaks or gets stolen you will be provided with a new one if you have the insurance Cricket provides it's customers. The part that you aren't told when you make the choice to insure your phone is that you will have to pay an $85.00 deductable in order to get it replaced. I just went online and found my exact phone model, brand new, with a leather case, a wall charger and a car charger for $65.00. When I purchased my phone through Cricket a couple of years ago they charged me $300.00. The monthly charges I have paid to insure it over the last 2 years adds up to $120.00 for a total of $420.00. Do the math and you will see how much of a rip-off Cricket actually is. For $420.00 I could have bought nearly 7 of the same phones through Alltell.
Cricket is just a rip-off... PERIOD!!!
More Cricket Communications Complaints & Reviews
- Cricket Wireless - I will fight this to the end! 
- Cricket Broadband Wireless - service refund ignored/delayed 
- Cricket Wireless - ported phone number 
- Cricket Wireless - customer service sucks! 
- Cricket Cell Phone - phone replacement problem 
- Cricket Wireless - portable mini speaker es31 mul
- Cricket Wireless - customer service
- Cricket Wireless - switching
- Cricket Wireless - the store 
- Cricket Wireless - maleware installed on two separate phones from cricket