Credit One Bank / text message stating my account is late/ site and app down. phone number busy

I am really not sure what is going on, however strangely I received a text message at 8:24pm, that my credit one bank payment was past due which is not the truth. I tried loading the website to look at my statements and pay, but it did not work. The app is not working too. When I called I was on hold for 15min, and a person with a foreign accent answered but could not hear me answer. The call dropped and then I tried calling back several times and the phone is busy. I am still trying the site and app and it is not working. I am not sure about the bogus missed payment, and I surly am not paying a late fee. Also I hope I don't see this on my credit as I worked really hard to get my credit back track. I am going to notify the BBB now.

Dr
Dec 6, 2018

Comments

• Do
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

The same exact thing just happened to me! Got a text stating my account was overdue (which it is not). Tried going to website, but it is down. Tried calling customer service number, but it rings and then goes to busy signal. My payment is not due for another two weeks. I only got a notification on my cell phone - not by email (which is the type of notification I am signed up for).

6th of Dec, 2018

@Donny Vines Ditto, not even their phone number is working. No app, no website and no phone support.

6th of Dec, 2018

@Donny Vines Same here. And we've been getting duplicate mail from them. First, two letters with a PIN number we never asked for ( card is over 2 years old) and two acknowledging our recent address change ( which we did do), sent to the correct new address, but showing one digit different as our " new" address. Today, we got another acknowledgement, sent to the wrong address, ( which doesn't even exist) but delivered to us because our address is one house number away, though there is no such address. Changed it on the website, and while there, checked that the early payment I sent went through. Now, at 9:10 PM, we get the same "past due" text as everyone else has received. Website is down, phone is down--and now it appears that everyone else got the same exact text. WTF??

• Ti
      6th of Dec, 2018

@Donny Vines Same thing happened to me at 5 50 pm I'm in nevada. Is credit one hacked and is our bank accounts in jeopardy

• As

Yes...here too

6th of Dec, 2018

@Asmith817 Same thing happening to me. This better be a glitch and they better get it fixed.

6th of Dec, 2018

@Charissa Yorkson-Gibson Same thing happened to me too! Got a text message at 7 tonight. Saying mine was late & to make a payment or call this number. No one answered. Dnt get on app or website. I payed my bill on the 25th & it was die on the 28th. When I went on the app after the 28th it said no payment was due, plus I got my payment posted for credit limit. It better be a glitch! I've worked so hard to make sure I've had on time payments!!

6th of Dec, 2018

Ditto. I'm not due til the 18th and got the same text. I wonder if they got hacked like Yahoo and possibly Amazon. I've been getting alerts left and right about changing my password too. It's insane.

• Ro

Exact same thing happened to me just now (7:56 PM) as well

6th of Dec, 2018

This has happened to us too! So frustrating!

• Go
      6th of Dec, 2018

Same here! Class Action Law Suit coming their way!!!

• Go
      6th of Dec, 2018

@Gotyacoverd PLEASE REPORT TO YOUR BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU!!! We all need all the help we can get!

• E3
      6th of Dec, 2018

same here, tried the app, website, and tried using a different browser.

• Dr
      6th of Dec, 2018

Exact same issue. one charge yesterday evening, and past due the next day? Link in text times out, and prevents you from even checking your account. I’ll cancel if I ever reach them. Fraudulent!

• Ra
      6th of Dec, 2018

I got the same message at 9 p.m...tried calling their number which is 18778253242 but no answer...just kept on ringing. And their site is down.

• As
      6th of Dec, 2018

I was able to get on the app

• Wa

just happened to me too, not due til the 9th and their website is down

6th of Dec, 2018

At 8;54 PM Dec 6th I received a text message my payment was past due. Is totally false WTF... Called number phone call drops no answer.

6th of Dec, 2018

Same as everyone else with the text message and everything down. I checked my bank account, and my payment went through over a week ago.

• Tm
      6th of Dec, 2018

I got the same messag at 5:55pm pacific time.

• Bl
      6th of Dec, 2018

Same thing here, text saying my payment is late funny thing is my account is paid in full and was closed in July.

• Ni
      6th of Dec, 2018

I received a text message from Credit One Bank at 7:14 today, stating the same thing late making payment. Yesterday I received text with a $0 Balance. So apparently, somethings wrong with Credit One, hopefully, they get to the bottom. I tried calling 877-825-3242 and 702-405-2042 neither numbers had gone through and I’m on Central Time.

6th of Dec, 2018

I'm both glad and worried that this is happening to other people. I thought my bill was actually past due since I remember it was coming up. Anyway. Received the text at 7:28 US Central Time. Site is down. Phone number is not working. What is going on here? I should probably just pay off my card, cancel it, and cut the thing in half because Credit One Bank seems very untrustworthy, especially right now.

• Lu
      6th of Dec, 2018

@Jay Cash I canceled my card in April and I still had the text about a late payment.

6th of Dec, 2018

THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME!!! I paid off my balance over a year ago!!! now, tonight, I get this text saying my payment is overdue and my account is suspended! FOR WHAT???? Haven't used the darn thing in over a year because I SHREDDED IT WHEN I PAID IT OFF!!! Check the website...WON'T LOAD!!! I have enough stress with bills, but this is ridiculous!!!

• Un
      6th of Dec, 2018

I got the same text. I was able to get into the app. It shows that I am current and my bill isn't due until 17th. Their website is down. Their phone number finally works but just gives you a bogus message about their automated line being down for s scheduled maintenance. Wonder if they are bankrupt or, far more likely, got hacked.

6th of Dec, 2018

...I should have closed it when it paid the damn thing off!! But didn't want that to ding my credit...now this...go figure!