Credit One Bank / identity theft!
I am a victim of identity theft. Credit One Bank left a message about an acct of which I had no knowledge on March 19. I called the fraud dept but was only able to leave a message. Days later no one had returned my call. I called customer service and again reported that the acct was opened fraudulently. I was told an affidavit would be sent within 10 days. It never arrived. I called twice again before someone returned my calls.
This man refused to listen to me. He talked over me, raised his voice, cut me off. I told him I had a police report... he said he didn't care about the police. I requested all records pertaining to the account, my right as a victim of identity theft - he cut me off. I asked to speak with his supervisor, he refused. I asked for his telephone extension, he refused. He then said he'd get back with me and hung up on me!
He called back about 20 minutes later, more conciliatory, saying he had emailed his supervisor that I wanted to speak with her. Then he proceeded on a line of hostile questioning and badgering, implying I or my husband made the charges despite the fact that the acct was opened using an address and phone different from mine, that I had a security alert with the credit bureaus and had placed a dispute with the credit bureau about this account and the address associated with it! He made thinly veiled threats that WalMart cameras would have an image of who made the charges there and that this is a felony. It was a very disturbing exchange that has me still shaking mad days later. I am the victim and this man with Credit One Bank was victimizing me again!
This man also failed to identity me adequately on either call and could have been talking with anyone. Interestingly, this is an account with a $300 limit that was apparently charged up to $1800, a sure indicator this bank's security efforts are minimal at best!
More Credit One Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Credit One Bank - fraudulent billing practices! 
- CreditOne Bank - credit card scam! 
- CreditOneBank.com - can't reach any cancellation dept! 
- Credit One Bank - cannot cancel account 
- Credit One Bank - can't make a payment due to website and app down 
- Credit One Bank - text message stating my account is late/ site and app down. phone number busy 
- Credit One Bank - re: action needed for wells fargo business account application. need negative mark removed from my credit report.
- Credit One Bank - company as a whole
- Credit One Bank - credit one bank refused for me to make payments
- Credit One Bank - credit one visa card