Countrywide Home Loans / scam charges
We have a mortgage with Countrywide. We are now being harassed and threatened with foreclosure. Countrywide had inflated my husbands income on the application and also added my daughters social security that she draws from her dad who is deceased. This money is for her care, not for the home but they inflated that also. We have attempted to contact them numerous times to have them work with us to lower our payments so that this would not happen but each time they refused or became so rude that they would eventually hang up. They are charging us escrow when we told them that we would handle the taxes and insurance ourselves and also charging us late charges when on the transaction statement for 2008, under the "late charges" column it is all $0.00. They have raised our payment 3 times. Our contract is for $490.05, then it went to $642.81 now it is $697 beginning in Feb. My husband does not have a job that makes us millionairs, we are just hard working honest people that do not want to lose our home of 14 years but what can we do? We cannot fight this Predatory Lender that is an American Terrorist preying on the hard working people to cause them emotional, physical and mental abuse. There are currently 260+ homes in the state of Tennessee alone that Countrywide has as foreclosures. 15, 108 in the United States, how many more are going to be allowed to become victims? I'm sure we will, we have purchased a 27' camper and plan on moving into that just so that we can get away. How sad is that? America used to protect us against terrorists, maybe we are fighting the wrong ones? I hope that someone will read our story and find it in their hearts to help us so that we don't lose our home and make Countrywide stop all of their illegal and predatory practices.
More Countrywide Home Loans Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank Of America - Privacy Assist Plan - abusive customer service rep 
- Bank Of America Corporation - Bank of America doesn’t care about customer service in their branches anymore.
- Bank Of America Corporation - Fraud Dispute on Credit Card
- Bank Of America Corporation - holding funds
- Bank Of America Corporation - debit card stolen and used
- Bank Of America Corporation - fraud