Costco Optical / not honoring warranty

United States, Washington, Puyallup Review updated:
Buying a pair of prescription sunglasses at the Costco optical at the end of July 2008, the first week of July 2009 the ear arm snapped, not from over abuse, not from twisting of any other abuse, just snapped right were the screws attached the arm. I had the glasses 11 months so I'll take them back to the Puyallup Costco were I had purchased them. When I brought them in and showed them to a optical sales clerk, the first thing she said is we don't carry parts, but would recommend a place to take them to get the part replaced at my cost, I said they were still under warrenty. she looked up my purchase date and sure enough it had only been 11 months, she then said that it not a defect because we haven't had any others like that and that I could purchase a new frame. At this time I was getting a litte frustrated with her and said you mean a 12 month warrenty is only good for 11 months, and please do show me were my glasses have been abused. She then said, let me take to my manager, she went over and they chatted in secret a little, and came back saying sorry we can't do anything for you but sell you a new frame. I said thanks for your GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE and I don't have to worry about renewing my membership and said I'll be talking to Jesse from King 5 news here in Seattle. No Further, but I'm not done. I will get that $4.00 part replaced one way or another

A  19th of Dec, 2010 by
Similar situation happened to me. I tried talking to the folks at the eye-wear shop at Costco and they said that they could not do anything for me. The manager said there is no warranty on eye frames. This is the third and last pair of glasses I ever buy from Costco. Bad customer service at the eye-wear section. If they are going to continue to do business like that they should make customers aware that there is no warranty eyeglasses, they are as-is; That is the reason why I am disappointed at Costco, because that information is not disclosed up front.
A  16th of Jun, 2013 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I just purchased a pair of eyeglasses in February of 2013. When I picked up my glasses and the clerk adjusted the arms she bent the arms so far back and they were a plastic lense. I believe it put stress on the arms and I folded my glasses last night they both fell off. I called and they said that I would have to replace the frame. I agree Costco should make the customer aware of no warrenty. But I also think it is the fault of the clerk whom adjusted my glasses iniatially. The manager was not very much help. Extremely disapointed. Since I am only working part time I have no recourse but to return there to order replacement frames.
N  27th of Jul, 2013 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
July 2013. Trying to return sunglasses at Costco optical is very difficult.
They intentionally ignore people, haggle and argue about their products. Don't expect an experience anything like the regular return desk. I was refunded... but only after waiting for an hour... dealing with multiple employees and finally asking for documentation of their reasoning.
The whole experience made me feel like they channeled Walmart just for me. They absolutely should not handle returns anywhere near the optical dept.

Costco Wholesale Corporation Logo Costco Wholesale Corporation