Costco And Sealy / mattress stinking of chemicals
I received a Sealy Waterbrook mattress from Costco a month ago. It is still emitting an overpowering stench of chemicals, and I'm waking up with breathing difficulties and stinging eyes. The odor is so strong that you can smell it from the hall leading up to the bedroom. I contacted Costco, and they said that they will replace it with the identical mattress, which will likely outgas in the same way. I then contacted Sealy, and was cheerfully told by their customer service rep that these fumes were somehow desirable, like "a new car smell".
The vendor concedes that the foam used in the mattress may have been improperly cured, that the mattresses may have been wrapped immediately after construction, but are unprepared to do anything about it.
I fear the long-term health consequences of exposure to this out-gassing, and find it unconscionable that these companies rush these products to the consumer without taking the time to properly cure the product so that it does not emit these chemicals into their consumer's homes.
More Costco And Sealy Complaints & Reviews
- Costco - organic whole milk contains fish oil 
- Costco - using ebt card 
- Kirkland Battery - warranty on battery 
- Costco - e shield insulation 
- Costco - ridiculous policy for a change of address - rude and discrmininating customer service 
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - simply purrfect kitty litter is an extremely poor imitation of litter purrfect.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - complaint against store manager eric at the citrus heights california store
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - Refresh Skin Therapy Fruit Acid 15% Gel Peel/Skin burnt after use
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - refresh skin therapy fruit acid 15% gel peel
- Costco Wholesale Corporation - citibank card