Classmates.comunauthorized charge for membership

Classmates.com charged my credit card for a membership that was unauthorized. I have not used classmates.com for about two years. I first used the free trial, paid about $15.00, provided my personal info at that time however my membership was cancelled thereafter!!!Now I have this charge which I am demanding a full refund. I have reported this to my bank & have initiated the proper procedures to file a fraud report unless my refund is received in a timely manner..

Comments

• Su
      Jul 27, 2009

The same thing happened to me!! I have called my credit card people. I called Classmates with the number they gave on the credit card, but of course, it's only a recording!!

• Pa
      Jul 27, 2009

I noticed a charge on my card from this company. I have never used them ever, and have no idea how they got my credit card information. I believe it may have been through one of their sister companies (a lineage site? ancestry.com maybe) but i don't know for certain how they got my information. I promptly called my credit card company and told them i wasn't paying for the charge. Problem solved.

Sep 11, 2009

WWW.MYLIFE.COM...WWW.REUNION.COM ...WWW.MYLIFE.COM

I am an attorney researching the business practices of WWW.MYLIFE.COM, WWW.REUNION.COM and WWW.MYLIFE.COM . I am interested in their practices as it relates to the unauthorized SCRAPING OF EMAIL ADDRESS BOOKS.

Pending my review, consideration of legal action shall be evaluated. I located your complaint from a google search of all those complaining about reunion.com and my life.com . Any information you may provide would be helpful so as for me to understand the issues, but response should not be considered as developing an attorney-client relationship. I merely need to obtain information.

Here's a few questions:
    1) Did you join the dating portion of these sites and have any issues and concerns?

2) were you enticed to visit any of these websites after an email came to you, appearing like it was from a friend, inviting you to join?

3) do you feel the terms of service and privacy policy noted on the site explained what exactly they were going to do to your email addresses?

4) Were your email address contacts emailed an invitation to join after receiving an invitation which claimed you sent them the invite?

5) how has your involvement damaged your reputation or any finacial losses?

6) Were you contacted by any other companies associated with any of these sites claiming that you had joined their site also, being sent marketing info from companies, ASKING FOR YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER, OR RECEIVING MONTHLY CHARGES TO YOUR TELEPHONE BILL?

So as to support my interest and qualify my identity, I would refer you to a few of my recent cases I filed, so that you can confirm that I do represent individuals in internet privacy matters. Google my recent cases:

lane v facebook,
    valentine v nebuad
    simon v adzilla
    slater v tagged.com

Once you locate these cases, review the atorneys noted, and then confirm I have the same email as the attorney noted on the lawsuit:

"Attorney Joseph H Malley
    [protected]@gmail.com"

Please feel free to contact me in confidence to discuss any issues. As noted at this point I am merely researching and discussing complaints to determine if there is any allegations of merit.
    Thanks
    Attorney Joe Malley
    1045 N ZANG BLVD
    Dallas, Texas
    Phone: [protected]

email me back at: [protected]@gmail.com

• Rf
      Nov 22, 2009

Same thing happened to me. I've contacted my credit card company and the Better Business Bureau

• Ca
      Dec 25, 2009

I just noticed a charge on my crdit card. They said they keep your credit card on file and automatically charge you after your membership has run out and that they have the right to do that. I've called my credit card company but they said they can't remove it unless classmates agrees? That is total crap!