Menu
Classmates
reviews & complaints

Classmates
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

74 complaints
43 resolved 31 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Classmates. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
H
8:10 pm

Classmates - unauthorized charges

Classmates had a special deal last year which I accepted. It was for one year and renewal was optional. This month my Paypal account showed a $39.00 charge, which I did not authorize, nor was I notified of any renewal or charge put on my card. I contacted these guys about the charge and spoke to a guy named David. He stated the charge was non-refundable. I told him I guess I"ll have to file a complaint like everyone else. I received no response and hung up. These guys (Memory Lane) take over classmates and automatically have access to everyone's data and do whatever they want. That's not right.

P
8:15 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had joined Classmates.com, now Classmates-Memory Lane for one session. When checking my bank account, I had noticed they had made an unauthorized withdrawl in the amount of $15.00 to my account. I did contact the bank to tell them this was unauthorized and to please not pay it. They gave me the phone number to Classmates-Memory Lane. I contacted them on...

L
3:22 pm

Classmates - unauthorized charge to my VISA - 39.00

I paid original 9.95 for the membership but Ihave not used this website in many, many months because it is of no use to me. On 8/20/2011 my VISA was charged 39.00 and it wasnt until I contacted my bank that I found out what this charge is. I have made my bank aware of this unauthorized charge. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES IS THIS COMPANY AUTHORIZED TO MAKE THIS CHARGE TO MY VISA! I want the funds put back on my card ASAP. Not in 7 to 10 business days since it didnt take them 7 to 10 business days to illegally charge my card. I am extremely pissed since this was done to my card while my family and I are on vacation!33B7D

S
11:37 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Unauthorized use of paypal debit card. Charged 39.00 without my consent on July 1, 2011. Wednesday, August 10, 2011 4:55 AM Written Statement of Disputed PayPal ATM/Debit Card Transactions Please print and sign the completed form, then send it to us via fax to 303-395-2855 or postal mail PayPal Attn: PayPal Debit Card Department P.O. Box 45950 Omaha, NE...

4:33 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I'm one of thousands that was charged $39 for Memory Lane that I didn't authorize. I had used Classmates for $9.95 and apparently it was taken over by Memory Lane. Even though it says they have no debit card information they were able to steal $39 from my account. I called to get the charge reverse and Memory Lane said once it is on there they cannot...

Classmates - Never ordered

I have never had any dealings with this company and on July 15, 2011, a charge of $39.00 shows up on my credit card. They have no toll-free number and everytime I call I am told they are having a longer than usual wait. No address available. Do we have to take these people to Small Claims Court when they use these SCAMS?

2 comments
Jul 24, 2011 1:58 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I just sent you a comment on the line's above.

Jul 24, 2011 1:56 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I don't know what this is but i have been charged 39.00 on 2 different credit card's, now i have to call these people and try to get this resolved.Do not charge anything else to me or i will take action and if i can't get this resolved i will be contacting you again or my attorney will. [email protected]

E
5:40 pm

Classmates - false membership statements

I had an old membership with Classmates.com several years ago (2009) and stopped renewal after that... since the highschool reunion had come and gone.

Then this gets sold to Memory Lane, and I see a recent charge on my otherwise zero-balance credit card.

I never signed up with Memory Lane and did not authorize this renewal charge. I called them up, and told them so - and the response was that it was not their policy to refund, and brazenly said they do not send email invoices or reminders before they charge you either... and essentially told me 'too bad.'

That was stupid of them - now they will get as many internet complaints logged as humanly possible, a BBB complaint filed with their local BBB office in Californa, in ADDITION to a dispute filed with my Credit Card company.

Direct Phone Contact Info:

Parent Company is United Online:

Update by Epiphany4u
Jul 11, 2011 5:40 pm

Direct Phone Contact Info:

Parent Company is United Online:

Classmates - Was charged $39.00 renewal with no notice

Glad I checked this website! Thank you for the info for the phone number for Classmates/Memory Lane, as it is difficult if not impossible to find on their website. When emailing them about the issue, you only receive a generic response. I had joined Classmates gold membership last year for $10. I was not aware that the account was set for automatic renewal, and without any notice, I was charged $39.00. Heeding the advice from others on this website, I called and was able to have $36.00 of it refunded (I wish I had caught this a few weeks earlier).

4 comments
Apr 06, 2012 9:35 pm

could you please give me the number to classmate memory lane please, I need to stop them from take money out of my account.

Apr 06, 2012 9:32 pm

Could you please give me the number to classmate memory lane, I only wanted a one time membership but they continue to take out $15.00 more dollars and I want o stop this form being taken from my card, if you would please give me a number so I can contact them, I can't find a number or anything to cancel this order. thank you.

T
Oct 03, 2011 12:56 am

I, too, was charged 39.00 for an unauthorized renewal that I would not not have given. They just automatically billed my credit card without my authorization Please try and do something about this shady website. BarbFerguson .

K

i also was charged 39.00 unauthorized to my bank account i want the phone number. i want the whole 39.00.

6:27 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was just checking my bank account, and came across a debit transaction that is still pending for 59$ from Classmates Memory Lane. I have no clue what this is from, I was never a member of Classmates.com and am pretty pissed that they are taking money from my account without my knowledge. Everyone should be checking their accounts to make sure this didn't...

T
11:14 pm

Classmates - unauthorized withdrawal of money from credit card without notification

I signed up for only 3 months for 15.00 dollars "Classmates.com" After the 3 months assumed that the company would email me towards my end of 3 months. My computer was down a few days and was unable to notify them of cancellation just in case something like this would happen. I signed no authorization and as far as I'm concerned, that they can just help themselves out of your account when all they should have to do is cancel my membership. I wasn't even a member. It was a trial thing. Am I about to be ripped off again because of technicalities or just bein' ignorant? I called the company and the person refused to reimburse my transaction back into my credit card. I was only 2 days past the 3 months according to them. It's not just the money. It's the principle and legal scams these people get away with. I had to find the right info in order to discontinue the automatic withrawal inwhich I didn't even know about. Without joining first there is no info about this kind of process. Then it's to late to cancel.

Classmates - unathorized charges

I too was charged 39.00 dollars without my knowlage. how do I get my money back. I never athorized this .

A
May 16, 2011 5:02 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ANytime you deny a charge on your CC they have to take it off. It remains off unless the company can prove that you owe them. So you should call the company and tell them you never authorized the charge and that it was fraud for them to do so, and then call your CC and have the charge reversed until its all figured out. I'm not a lawyer, but I have done it before and it has worked.

3:14 am

Classmates - unauthorized charges

My account was charged 39.00 without my authorization for something I did not order and do not want. I have no idea why they are charging my account. I want my account credited back !

4 comments
R
May 23, 2011 2:15 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I tried to contact Classmates/Memory Lane (CML) about a billing on my account that was not authorized by me, here's what they ask me to do. Re-register all pertinent information including card information so that I may then go to accounts information to cancel a membership to which I never belonged to begin with. They have so little info on my ghostly account that I cannot access it without re-registering. If you do re-register it shows up as a new account and you cannot erase your old account without a password that you do not have, and so it goes. I am trying to contact these people by letter and phone. [protected] is the billing number I have. I'm sure it is no good . CML if you are listening, cancel everything with my name on it. CML had a sujestion box on their website, but I could not access it. If this complaint site can do anything for me, please help all of us who have been taken advantage fo. Thanks Robert Hayne.

Brenda will do it for you.

Mar 07, 2013 12:04 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I do not want to renew classmates-memory. Please remove my name and credit my account.

H
Oct 11, 2011 7:25 pm

Try this: My PayPal account was charged $39. When I called to cancel they told me that I agreed to this and the subscription charge was clearly stated on the top of the agreement. I never made an agreement with Memory Lane and it was not auto renewed with Classmates. He refused to refund the fee. I asked him if he had ever rented a car, and that did he know that if the insurance didn't cover an accident, he agreed to allow them to attach his home and place a garnishment on his wages. He told me he was aware of this. That is funny since I made it up! When I asked to talk to a supervisor or a person that had the authority to issue a refund he folded and magnanimously did me the favor of a "one time only" credit of the $39.

8:09 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I joined Classmates.com with the 5.00 basic service. Now that Memory Lane has taken over Classmates.com, they (Memory Lane) has taken it upon themselves to auto draft 39.-- out of my bank account with out any authorization or opportunity to upgrade, which I would NEVER do as I used Classmates.com less than 10 times even at the 5.00 basic membership. I want...

R
2:57 am

Classmates - Unauthorized charges on my credit card

On my credit card statement of 4-05-2011 I was charged $39.00 for a membership to this website. I have not authorized this nor do I belong to the website. I do not know how they aquired my Credit Card #. I have reported this to my Credit card and also to the Indiana State Attorney Generals Office. I hope that all who have had this experience will do the same no matter what state they may live in. This is the only way we can get them to revoke their license to sell on the internet through the state.

7:44 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Classmates has been taken over by memory lane and the new website is using credot card information stored on the former site To automatically renew, without notice, memberships in the new site. They did it before even notifying me of the new site, thereby Denying the right of refusal.

G
5:41 pm

Classmates - cancel membership

I am so tired of classmates.com continually charging my account when I only signup for a 7 day membership.

2 comments
S
Nov 30, 2015 4:07 am

It isn't please can I have my money back ... after all the BS I've taken from Classmates I think they will be very surprised, if the Government won't shut these crooks down, then the Government won't care when we do. I'll be just as professional as you are.

Dec 15, 2014 1:25 pm

Why was I not notifid about this billing? You took my money with out me agreeing to it. I CANT AFORD IT, I dont want it. I would like it back NOW. I have not been at that Web site. You just put me in a bind. I know you dont care what happens aslong as you get your money. It would be nice if you notifided me about this bill. Please can I get my $39.00 back. Thank You Mike

K
1:29 pm

Classmates - took $39 out of my account without authorization

Do not subscribe to Classmates.com. As you can see from the comments that this company takes money out of your account or makes charges that they are authorized to. I hope someone has a law suit going that will stop this. Beware of Classmates.com and the phone number is 206-301-5900 for them. I have never used this service so I am paying $39.00 for a service that I have not and will use. I have notified my bank to stop payment on this unauthorized charge and I am hoping they can do that. Final notice beware of Classmates.com.

2:43 am

Classmates - no way to cancel

The telephone number you have to call is not an 800 number, so I have been calling and the wait time is forever, no way to get through to them.
I tried on-line and still no way to cancel.
They charged my credit card, which is how I knew they were signing me up for another year.
I tried to file a complaint with the credit card company, because the credit card they had, had been cancelled, but I guess
The credit card company automatically transfers to the new credit card. But they filed my complaint to classmates, and guess what classmares said I did not contact them... How is that possible?

5:17 pm

Classmates - billing

I signed up with classmates a few years ago. If you don't want them to charge your credit card, then cancel your membership via phone (206-301-5900) and get a cancellation number to give to the credit card company if they charge you the following year. You can not get a refund until you cancel them prior to your renewal. You and I will have to eat the charge until you do the cancellation. I included their phone number and also go to your personal/account page and delete any credit card info you have on their. Make sure to keep the cancellation number someplace to give to the credit cared company incase they charge you the following year.

D

please cancel this should have been canceled over a year ago i don't know what happened. IMMEDIATELY

Hide full review

Classmates - automatic billing without my permission

They say I signed up for trial membership of $9.99 a year and was automatically renewed after one year and billed my credit card $39.00. I did not sign up for a trial membership as I had not used classmates.com for several years. I called and talked to a representative and he said he would cancel my subscription and I would have to call my credit card company. I did call my credit card company and they disputed the charge but classmates.com would not refund my $39.00 and now I am stuck paying this. Lori, Santa Maria, CA

Jun 12, 2011 1:56 pm

THEY WITHDREW 39.00 FROM MY BANK ACCT WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION WHICH OVERDRAWN MY ACCT I DEMAND THAT MONEY TO BE PUT BACK INTO MY ACCT PROMPTLY. I HAVE NEVER WENT INTO THIS WEBSITE ENOUGH TO PAY 39.00 FOR IT. I HAVE CONTACTED MY BACK TO RECTIFY THIS SITUATION.I ONLY TRIED FOR THE 1 YR AND WASNT IMPRESSED WITH IT.NO MONEY SHOULD EVER BE TAKEN FROM MY ACCT WITHOUT ME AUTHORIZING IT.PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THIS PROBLEM IMMEDIATELY AND IVE BEEN ISSUED A NEW CARD SO YOU CAN NEVER DO THIS AGAIN.PLEASE RETURN THE M ONEY TO MY ACCT IMMEDIATELY SO I WANT HAVE TO TAKE OTHER MEASURES TO REMEDY THIS SITUATION SO FAR YOU HAVE COST ME 70.00 WHICH INCLUDES THE SERVICE CHARGE IVE BEEN CHARGED BY THE BANK.

Classmates contacts