Citibank — poor responses, find means and ways to overcharge
One of the worst experiences, if not the worst, for credit card!
1) Charge high annual fees $140 and rigid to waive late charges $50 (can only waive once in 12 months)
2) Difficult to cancel card
1st time - called 24-hour service hotline, officer said cannot, will ask relevant dept to call back but no call-back
2nd time - called to cancel, officer said ok but must settle all outstanding fees including late charges / annual fee etc. Fees settled and card cut. But after some time, still received bill and later charges, realised card not cancelled.
3rd time - called to query. Officer said last time tried to call to confirm cancellation and option form for cancellation sent but no response. Told him over the phone already confirm to cancel, officer did not mention there are follow-up form to be done. officer then said will cancel but again must settle the fees.
4) Agent hard sell for SMRT linked citibank credit card at AMK hub. Card is never used for a few months, but when called to cancel, officer said have cancellation charges of $150! if want to cancel, must wait for 1 year but the agent did not mention about this. If wait for another year, not sure by then what other excuses they have to charge the card-holders???
More Citibank Complaints & Reviews
- Citibank Credit Card Philippines - citibank 
- Thd / Cbna - incorrect reporting to credit bureaus 
- Citibank London - enquiry 
- Citibank Nri - dishonest business practises 
- Citibank - credit card application 
- Citibank / Good Year - unacceptable behavior and business practice
- Citibank - approved loan, cash not received
- Citibank - scam artists 
- Citibank - mastercard aa advantage
- Citibank - customer service not professional and lack of knowledge