[Resolved] Cheapoair / they charge an enormous amount of fee
My mom bought two international tickets for me and my daughter. She accidentally booked the wrong departure and arrival date for us. She did not realize until she got an email from Cheapoair. 20 minutes later my mom called cheapoair explaining what has happened. The agent Nigel Slate told my mom that for him to cancel the ticket she has to pay the $150.00 fee for each passenger ($300.00 total) and purchase fee. With that said my mom was forced to buy the new plane ticket from them. The total price for the ticket was about $3600.00 for me and my daughter which is okay. But on top of that they have charged my mom an additional $400.00 for an agent fee. This is ridiculous. They didn’t even bother looking for the cheapest rate for my mom and they have the nerve to charge for agent fee of $400.00. I have tried calling the airline the next day (bought the ticket 6/06/08) and they wont help at all. I do understand that some of us work for commission but how can these people sleep at night for doing this.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Jun 19, 2008
The above complaint for Anne, has been resolved to her satisfaction, she is receiving a $350.00 refund.
We do apologize for the error created, Cheapoair is committed to resolving any situation that is within our control. We do appreciate your busines and continue to grow and improve our service.
ONLINE CUSTOMER SVC MANAGER
CheapOair Customer Care's Response, Jul 01, 2008
Anne has contacted me and advised she did receive her refund, as promised and her trip with her grand daughter went very well!
Case resolved to the customers satisfaction.
More Cheapoair Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] CheapoAir.com - is there some sort of meltdown going on! 
- [Resolved] CheapoAir.com and Travelation.com - bait and switch! 
- Cheapoair - airfare cancellation fee made online within 24 hours 
- [Resolved] Cheapoair - fraud and poor customer service!
- CheapoAir.com - charge for seat assignment & lousy customer service 
- Cheapoair - my ticket and my wifes ticket
- Cheapoair - myticket and my wifes ticket
- Cheapoair - didn't offer refund or alternative options when flight was cancelled - very poor customer service
- [Resolved] Cheapoair - flight
- Cheapoair - not existing flight with non existing seats