Having problems with CheapOair?

CheapOair reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 19, 2006. The latest review Refund Pending since March'2021 was posted on Sep 17, 2021. The latest complaint flight booking #72415095 was resolved on Aug 11, 2021. CheapOair has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 321 reviews. CheapOair has resolved 152 complaints.

CheapOair Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 566 2345 (USA - English)
+1 888 525 7569 (USA - Spanish)
+1 888 766 3163 (Canada - English)
+1 888 525 7573 (Canada - French)
+44 20 3514 8100 (United Kingdom)
+61 2 8074 9565 (Australia)
+852 6963 0549 (Hong Kong)
+852 6963 0550 (Hong Kong)
+353 1526 9772 (Ireland)
+353 1526 9773 (Ireland)
+64 9280 5224 (New Zealand)
+64 9280 5225 (New Zealand)
+65 80 0101 3119 (Singapore)
+65 80 0101 3120 (Singapore)
+27 110 623 034 (South Africa)
+27 110 623 035 (South Africa)
+971 8000 3570 3491 (United Arab Emirates)
+971 8000 3570 3492 (United Arab Emirates)
c/o Fareportal Inc., 135 West 50th Street, Suite 500
New York, New York

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CheapOair Customer Service. Initial CheapOair complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for CheapOair above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about CheapOair. Discuss the issues you have had with CheapOair and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

CheapOair Complaints & Reviews, Page 4

Jun 10, 2020

Cheapoair — No refund can happen eve if it is not your fault

Seriously! No money back for cancellations! I have been calling them about my parents flight tickets which...

Jun 01, 2020

Cheapoair — Unethical behaviour and unauthorized charge — where's my refund???

This complain is 3 years old because I was told by cheap o air agent to wait for my refund. I was told by...

CheapoairAdvertising flights that are not operating!

Cheapoair are advertising international flights to Dublin which are not even operating. They are taking money off people knowing this, it's illegal & they're committing fraud! I've had 2 cancelled flights with them both International flights since May. I have not gotten any money back? I have now filed two complaints with the US Department of Transportation & they have been nothing but helpful trying to prevent this happening.

RESOLVED

• CheapOair's response · Jun 01, 2020

Please provide your booking number and contact us at www.cheapoair.com/customersupport by using the online chat link.

May 29, 2020

Cheapoair — A terrible company to work with

My wife and I have had a terrible experience with this company when all our flights booked through Cheapoair...

CheapoairSent me an email about refund

My flight from lax to uln on may 25th 2020 was canceled by the air line and cheapo air send me a e mail saying I will get a portion of the refund $1494.28. This was in the begging of march. I have not seen any refund. This flight was in bond. The out bond flight from moscow to laxwhich is the 2nd part should also be refunded. I was on the phone for 3 days for moe then 3hrs every day. I have not seen any refund and I can not get in touch with any one.

Apr 12, 2020

Cheapoair — Problems due to coronavirus

We bought our tickets on November 11, 2019 for round-trip Montreal - Paris (Booking #[protected]). Due to...

CheapoairTravel agent

We purchased 3 tickets with cheapoair. Unfortunately given the covid 19 and "shelter in place" order all of our flights were canceled. Cheapoair will not even pick up the phone, chat on line after 5 hrs waiting, and does not seem to want to give refunds. I had to use 3 different airlines for my eastern europe travels. All of the airlines are giving refunds and each of the countries are not allowing travelers to enter. The airlines said if I had purchased my tickets directly through them they would have refunded but I am not at the mercy of cheapoair who is not responded. To make matters worse, cheapoair recently charged my credit card on april 2nd, 2020 for an item I never authorized. I have not been able to even talk to them by phone, chat or online. What would they even charge me for. I never received a receipt. I never authorized them to use my credit card.

• CheapOair's response · Apr 13, 2020

Please provide the 8 digit booking number.

CheapoairAirfares with philippine airlines

My flights have been cancelled by Philippine Airlines (Booking REf: UHNODX) due to the Corona Virus. The airline say that I cannot deal with them due to the fact I booked through CheapOair (Booking Ref: [protected]) and should contact them. Despite several attempts over three months to contact them via online forms (which initially were un-deliverable) and telephone calls (timed out or directed back to the website forms) I have received only one one reply to say that they received my e-mail and would be in touch. Which they have not. According to their site I haven;t even requested a cancellation (technically true sine the airline cancelled) - I certainly have requested a refund. This is simply not good enough but seems to be consistent with the hundreds of reviews here. I understand that they are overworked in the current circumstances but a response of some sort is not much to ask for. All of the other booking agencies we used have all been very good (if a bit slow). If only I could award zero stars.

• CheapOair's response · Apr 15, 2020

This has been resolved with the customer.

CheapOair

CheapoairRefund of tickets due to corona

We booked and paid our tickets to Portugal and Spain, departing 29 May from Cape Town. Booking number [protected] Dated 04 November 2019. We used CheapOAir.

Now we are forced to cancel our trip due to the Coroma Virus.

We now have received a message stating that we will not receive the money back, but we have a credit that must be used before 20 November 2020.

This is totally WRONG! We cannot use the tickets as we cannot go again this year. We intended to walk the Camino FOR THE LAST TIME as we are getting old.

We desperately need to be refunded IN CASH.

Our e-mail : [protected]@gmail.com
          Our phone number : [protected]

Danie Pienaar
          Strand
          South Africa

• CheapOair's response · Apr 07, 2020

Please provide the 8 digit booking number for further assistance.

CheapoairTravel agency cheapoair will not refund payment for cancelled tickets.

I purchased tickets quoted by cheapoair. This was passed on to another travel agency when I purchased the tickets. Before the date of travel, the flights were cancelled by the airline. Their next available flights were not acceptable. This made the return flights also out of my schedule and has to be cancelled also. I then purchased tickets myself from another airline on new acceptable dates, including the return trip to save on fare and meet the new schedule. Cheapoair would not refund the fare I paid for the cancelled tickets. No reason given, except corona virus.
            Questions raised on my email remain unanswered. Suing cheapoair may not be practical since the amount involved may not be enough to pay a lawyer's fee. It is very disheartening to see cheapoair get away with this. Warning to all : never use cheapoair at all. Pass this info to all your friends.

CheapoairSpirit airlines will not answer my emails or phone calls'

Confirmation [protected] from Columbus Ohio to LAS VEGAS March 23rd. My CASINO HOST sent me a Email that CAESARS was closing. So I had to cancel my flight. I don't want my money back I need to book a flight later this year. Please help me.

CheapoairCannot cancel trip (booking# [protected])

I have tried to cancel this trip (April 3-12 LAX to Pittsburgh, PA die (2 passengers: Jame' Elisirene Samuels and Elijah Santino Johnson) due to the coronavirus and have had no luck. Per instructions, I have submitted my request via your Airline Travel Waivers Due to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus form. I keep getting an undeliverable message because, according to the site admins I do not have permission to submit. I am at a loss as to what to do next.

I have been at this for more than a month. Due to the large amount of cancellations I have followed all directions of how to submit my request. I have been on hold for a whole day (15 hours) and have not received any help.

I can be reached via email at [protected]@yahoo.com or via cell at 724.980.6111.

• CheapOair's response · Apr 02, 2020

Deborah, you are getting that message because we've already received the request and we are preventing people from duplicating the request. We will process the reservation according to the airline guidelines and will end you an email once it has been done, this is taking 10-14 business days. As long as the request is in before the departure you are good to go.

Also you may want to take this post done, you posted your phone number and who knows who reads these and you could get some calls you don't want.

CheapoairFlight change charges b/c of coronavirus

I booked an international flight in early March before corona virus restricted travel into many countries. My flight was supposed to leave March 29th but the country I was supposed to fly into has suspended flights. I have called cheapoair multiple times, filled out their form & was informed I'd have to pay $300+ in fees for something I didn't cause. They are apparently still trying to wrangle money out of customers while tjere is a worldwide pandemic going on!!

Mar 29, 2020

Cheapoair — My cancelled flight

Hello I have already tried to speak with your company about my cancelles flight, all phone numbers are down...

Mar 29, 2020

Cheapoair — Not being able to cancel a flight in over 30 calls the past 10 days with no help.

My wife flight leaves on 31 march 2020 and we have not been able to cancel her flight from Pittsburgh to...

CheapoairI have been trying for a month to cancel 3 flights before April 1 and April 3.

The 3 flights are: Cheapoair Confirmation # [protected](Egloff-2) leaving on April 1, 2020; Cheapoair Confirmation #[protected](Zdanow-1) leaving on April 3, 2020; Cheapoair Confirmation #[protected](Zdanow-1) leavng on April 3, 2020. I would like to cancel these flights as soon as possible before April 1, 2020. My email is [protected]@yahoo.com and my telephone # is [protected]. Please contact me immediately. Judy Egloff

CheapoairTried to get a refund but got credit instead.

Hello, I booked a flight to Japan for April 2nd, but the flight got rescheduled for an earlier date, I had to request a refund because I was not ready to leave I did not even have my Visa yet. After attempting to reach out to you guys four times, my flight finally got cancelled but instead of a refund, I got credit. The thing is, because I did not know what was going and I also did not know how long the cancellation was going to take, I booked another flight. I was thinking of canceling the flight (I got travel protection this time btw) then use the credits I got from the other flight that got cancelled. I'm worried this process will take a for ever and I don't have time. I also don't even know how to use the credit I received since you're not picking up phone calls. That's why I'm hesitating to cancel my current flight because you guys took so long to respond previously. I would greatly appreciate it if you would at least tell me how to use my credit. Otherwise, I will be loosing money.

CheapoairI have booking confirmation on fri, mar, 27,2020 cause coronavirus I can't travel.

Ticket Number [protected] Sara Esther Perez Female
                        F9-H7QB5M
                        Ticket Number [protected] Orlando Perez Mendoza Male
                        I complaint yesterday but I have not received any response.
                        my Phone number is [protected]. I really appreciated that they take into account the circumstances
                        because I have to return to the country on time and I can't get stuck in Mexico.

Thank you.

Orlando Mendoza

• CheapOair's response · Mar 25, 2020

We suggest you chec k the flight status directly on Frontier airlines website to see if they are still flying. If they are and you need to leave sooner, you will need to make changes to the reservation by contacting us or Frontier directly. Our emails are taking a few days to get through so don't wait for a response from there. Best thing is to act now and get ahead of the situation in case your flight get's canceled. Also, we cannot locate a reservation using the airline confirmation it has to be the CheapOair one if you booked with us.

CheapoairCan't get any confirmation or get through to anyone!

Hi,

I have flights scheduled for 2 days from now. I have been relentlessly trying for the past 2 weeks to cancel my flights. 21 days ago I was able to get through to someone who said they cancelled and refunded my flight but although I was charged a $550 cancellation fee, my booking never reflected the fact that it was cancelled and there was no refund in progress on their website. I tried to get through to an agent to confirm that it was canceled but I couldn't for over a week so I disputed the charge with my credit card company and tried to cancel it again. Since then I have emailed, tried online chat and phone calls multiple times without any luck or any responses. I have submitted it through the coronavirus cancellation page but my flight is in 2 days and I have still not recieved any confirmation or acknowledgement that I am trying to cancel. The total for these flights is around $3000!
                          At this point I know that United is allowing cancellation and I just need CheapOair to facilitate this.

• CheapOair's response · Mar 25, 2020

Please provide the 8 digit booking so we can see exactly what took place. Unless the airline actually canceled the flight as they were not flying, they are not giving refunds on non refundable tickets, but only future credit. As a travel agency, we must follow the same guidelines in place.

CheapoairNon refundable bookings

I purchased 3 tickets under 2 bookings late January for May 8th Temple University Commencement on Anerican Airlines to Philadelphia, PA. The University cancelled Commencement due to the current Pandemic Crisis and the federal government is stressing Social Distancing to prevent or contain the spread of this virus. Due to circumstances beyond my control, that purpose of that travel is now null and void, yet speaking to a CheapOair Customer Agent ( after two days of being in a online chat queue and on hold beyond hours) I was told I can not get a full refund nor any refund. I would lose all my money by cancelling my tickets. If American Airlines cancel the flight one hour prior to departure, then I would then get the full refunds. DO NOT USE THIRD PARTY VENDORS like this one moving forward.

• CheapOair's response · Mar 20, 2020

Hi, we’re very sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, due to an extremely high volume calls related to COVID-19, there are extended wait times across all customers services platforms.

We have a landing page that can help address your specific questions guide you toward a resolution!

Click the link for cancellation