Having problems with CheapOair?

CheapOair reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 19, 2006. The latest review Refund Pending since March'2021 was posted on Sep 17, 2021. The latest complaint flight booking #72415095 was resolved on Aug 11, 2021. CheapOair has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 321 reviews. CheapOair has resolved 152 complaints.

CheapOair Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 566 2345 (USA - English)
+1 888 525 7569 (USA - Spanish)
+1 888 766 3163 (Canada - English)
+1 888 525 7573 (Canada - French)
+44 20 3514 8100 (United Kingdom)
+61 2 8074 9565 (Australia)
+852 6963 0549 (Hong Kong)
+852 6963 0550 (Hong Kong)
+353 1526 9772 (Ireland)
+353 1526 9773 (Ireland)
+64 9280 5224 (New Zealand)
+64 9280 5225 (New Zealand)
+65 80 0101 3119 (Singapore)
+65 80 0101 3120 (Singapore)
+27 110 623 034 (South Africa)
+27 110 623 035 (South Africa)
+971 8000 3570 3491 (United Arab Emirates)
+971 8000 3570 3492 (United Arab Emirates)
c/o Fareportal Inc., 135 West 50th Street, Suite 500
New York, New York

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CheapOair Customer Service. Initial CheapOair complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for CheapOair above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about CheapOair. Discuss the issues you have had with CheapOair and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

CheapOair Complaints & Reviews, Page 6

Cheapoair/Aco Rent a Carovercharge for car rental

The attachments are as follows :
1. Car details e-mailed to me from CheapOair on 12/31/2018. As shown, the length of the car rental was from 2/13/2019 to 2/20/2019, with an estimated total due of $123.28. The vehicle was dropped off at Tuf Tu Florida Rent A Car at approximately 7:00 am on 2/20/2019.
2. Reservation information e-mailed to me from Aco Rent a Car on 1/3/2019 also showing an estimated total of $123.28. Tuf Tu Florida Rent A Car was shown as being the car rental provider.
3. Tu Florida Rental Car rental agreement showing a total amount due of $281.29, an increase of $158.01!!

CheapOair and Aco Rent a Car should have been aware of the additional charges being made by (Tuf) Tu Florida Rent A Car. We drove from Miami, Florida, to Islamorada, Florida, and back. This does not appear to warrant an additional charge. I would like a refund of $158.01.

overcharge for car rental

Cheapoairpaid for upgraded seat, not received

I booked a flight on 5/1/2019 using CheapOAir from Detroit, MI to Dublin, Ireland (connecting in Charlotte, NC), 8/2/2019. I made the purchase with upgraded seating at 12:16p. Shortly thereafter, at 12:37p, I called and amended the travel dates.
    The agent I spoke with stated they made the change, and the seating would be updated within 48 hours. I received a confirmation of the charges, showing $230.59 for paid seats, and a box showing 'Seats Selected: Confirmed.' Additionally, I confirmed my card was charged for the upgraded seating.

On 7/25/2019, nearing my departure date, not seeing any updates for my seat assignment, I began an investigation into the issue. At the time of this writing, after hours on the phone with multiple customer service associates & management, and even more time on hold, the issue is still not resolved.

I have been told everything from, the amount was declined, to the amount was never charged.

The manager I last spoke with, Shelby, stated he needed proof of me paying. I sent over everything that day to [protected]@cheapoair.com, as requested. He stated someone from billing should be in touch within 24 hours.

As of 1:30p EST today, 7/30/2019, nobody has reached out to me. I sent a follow up email to the same address on Sunday, 7/28/2019, with no response. I submitted a request for a call this morning just before 6a EST; I received reference #[protected], and have received no response.

I have called back in, and am told, yet again, the card was never charged. Then, I was told it was refunded.

I've attached documents showing the booking confirmation, charges, credit card confirmation of charges, and a search for refunds in that amount range on my credit card to show, I have been charged, and have received no refunds.

As a side note, I am flying American Airlines. I did call them, and a very helpful lady there, Pam, stated CheapOAir voided the upgraded seats at 12:37p.

I now have another associate, Fletcher, who is telling me the seat charge was a 'soft charge, ' and the tickets have been refunded. I explained to him, again, as I have to every agent I have spoken with, the card is on my card, as are all the charges, matching the booking confirmation total. He urged me to check my card again. I explained that I have already done such, at the direction of Shelby, and no such refund was issued.

All I am looking for are my upgraded seats that were paid for on 5/1/2019.

After hours on the phone, where I've had to prove myself, although the charges are there, on the booking confirmation, I still do not have a resolution. I'm frustrated, and flabbergasted at the lack of knowledge, as well as lackluster client service.

Brandy B

PS, I am having difficulty uploading PDF's.

paid for upgraded seat, not received
    paid for upgraded seat, not received

• CheapOair's response · Jul 30, 2019

This has been resolved.

Cheapoaira flight unaccompanied minor was booked on.

My Great grand daughter was booked on Flight 923 on Delta airlines confirmation #GG8S30 from Sacramento airport to Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson International leaving SMF at 11:25 pm arriving 06:49 am Atlanta a red eye flight. We were within a half hour of the airport coming from Redding Ca. that is a 3 hr. drive, when I get a call from the airport I was driving so I had to pull into a rest area to answer and was told to call back and the wait time was 2 hrs. We proceeded to the airport and was told by delta that she my 10 yr. old g. grand daughter Gracie Lowe could not fly on a red eye I asked why it was booked I spoke directly to the agent that booked it he said nothing about her not being able to fly a red eye that was in april they waited til 2 hrs. before the flight to tell us!! They told me Cheap Air knows the rules but they don't care they only want your money. They were very rude and said they had booked her on a 6 am flight the following morning it was midnight by then I ask what do you expect me I'm 72 she is ten to do til then they said thats your problem. I intended to put her on the flight and drive back to Redding. The agent said I refuse to put a child on a red eye but she had no problem putting her in the parking garage thats where we slept til 4am when we could check in. This was your company that booked the flight and I think your offer of 50 dollars is not exceptable we expect a full refund!!That was Wed. July 17 th 2019 The cheap air booking # is [protected]. My grand daughter Gracie's mom has been talking with you her name is Brooke Coleman we would appriciate you doing the right thing Gracie and I in the Parking garage was very disturbing to say the least!! Will expect to hear from you!

• CheapOair's response · Jul 29, 2019

Our apologies for the experience this customer went through. We have spoken with her and have reached a settlement regarding the purchase of the ticket.

CheapOair

Cheapoairunauthorized credit card use

I was treated with very unprofessional and horrible staff, I was told by a supervisor to accept the flight that one of his agents messed up and forced me to keep it or else his coworker will lose his job. I was told that I should call back the next day to fix the issue since he (supervisor) had to catch his Taxi that was waiting for him to take him home since he was off the duty. I was told by 8 different agents and everyone kept transferring me and NOONE wanted to take the blame of the cause this CheapOair fraud. This was a trick they played and I lost my 24 hours policy just by their games. This whole conversation was recorded and CheapOair has the recording of it. I have all the proofs and I am still waiting for someone to resolve this issue. My money does not grow on trees since I was told that I make enough money and it should not affect me! ( this was all recorded) The agent asked me to provide 3 different credit cards along with my debit card numbers since he kept making mistakes. on top of all this, I had bought insurance on this ticket and they know what this insurance meant but they deleted that record too! The total damage was done: Total Booking Amount: $1, 402.51 Charge Back Amount: $1, 352.66 Mental stress Time wasted
        =I NEED MY MONEY BACK

• CheapOair's response · Jul 23, 2019

Please provide the 8 digit booking number, the one you provided no longer locates a reservation due to it it over 3 years old.

• Updated by RABIali · Jul 23, 2019

[protected] and this issue has been going on since 2016 and the person who was suppose to resolve this matter has disappeared. And I have the emails proofs that I have been sending and I was told wait. I called many many many times and I was told that either the person name Geordie is on vacation, out of office or on another call and will be calling back. I was transferred many times to random numbers and many times the call was dropped. It feel hoirrble to be ina position where you are being treated like this as a customer.

Comments

• Updated by RABIali · Jun 01, 2020

How is this resolved??? I have not received my refund. this company has all the recording of the conversation and I neeed my redund, I was told to wait 365 days, I called back and now the person is lost??? where is my refund???

• Updated by RABIali · Jun 01, 2020

I was told to wait and been waiting for my refund and now I am being told its 3 years old. I was told t wait. this is not joke. this is fraud, cheap o air is fraud. I need someone to respond to me with "my refund".

Cheapoaircustomer service

Spirit Airlines confirmed to me on Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 4:30am, that CheapOair has a malfunction on their end concerning my flight. On Spirit Airlines end, the computer says I arrived to the LAX, Friday, July 12, 2019. On CheapOair end, their computer says I never checked in, which is a lie. CheapOair has made miss my flight, as well as work. Now I may not have a job when I return home. CheapOair made me a new reservation, but it's too late now to return to work. I am highly upset and furious about this horrible experience and customer service!!!

customer service

• Updated by Soulsurviva05 · Jul 16, 2019

Very bad customer service!

Cheapoairflight changes cheapoair

Hello, I booked a flight from Seattle to Paris and back from Paris to Seattle. In a matter of a couple of weeks, I was notified that the flight schedule was changed. Then my flight back was cancelled and changed to something that won't work with my travel plans. This was two months before my trip so the changes were not due to weather or mechanical issues. I just want my money back. I was misled and lied to. The booking is [protected] for traveler Inna Valeryevna Drachan.

• CheapOair's response · Jul 16, 2019

This was resolved the same day the customer posted his complaint.

• Updated by Inna Drachan · Jul 16, 2019

The comment from CheapOair is not true. This is still not resolved. I still have not received confirmation that my refund is coming. The first time I called Customer Service, I was told I would get a refund and a confirmation email would be sent. When I didn't receive the email, I got worried and called back. This time, I was told that they needed 3-4 days to look into the request and see if a refund would be issued. On July 15, I received a call from CheapOair and they said they were still working on whether my request for a refund would be approved. Then, they asked me to take down my complaint! I told them I would not take it down until this was resolved and I got confirmation of my refund. This is not resolved, as I still haven't received confirmation of my refund.

• Updated by Inna Drachan · Jul 16, 2019

I just received confirmation of my refund. I can now close the complaint as it has been resolved.

Jul 12, 2019

Cheapoair — compre tickets com jet blue, y cheap oair me envio tickets por spirit

toda la transacion se hizo por telefono con cheap oair donde me dijeron los tickets con jet blue esta hecha...

Cheapoaircustomer service

Title of the review: cheapoair is a scam and a fraud company and one of the worst I have ever seen

Briefly, Cheapoair is one of the worst companies I have ever seen. Customer service is below zero. The advisers were not nice to me and they did not do any effort to help me or to solve the problem. I will never book with this fraud company and will never recommend it to anyone.

Description of the problem:

I have booked a ticket to Lebanon from Montreal. My transit destination was in Nice-France. In the airport in Montreal, they told me that I cannot travel because I should have a "Schengen Visa" to pass through Nice-France. When I booked the ticket, there is no mention to a "Schengen Visa" on the website nor in any links. I contacted cheapoair and the advisers were very rude to me. Instead of proposing solutions or solve the problem, they were not responsive at all. Moreover, they send me emails with some links to check if I need a "Schengen Visa" or not. The links did not work and they send me to an empty page "page not found".

Moreover, I tried to check if I need a "Schengen Visa" to pass through the airport in Nice-France to go to Lebanon. I checked the information on:

-The European Union website:

-France Visas website:

-Schengen Visa Info:

and nothing is written that I should have a Schengen Visa.

And what made things worse is that the advisers told me that this is my problem and not their problem. Is it a good way to treat clients?

I am asking cheapoair to reimburse me the whole tickets.

customer service

Jun 28, 2019

Cheap-O-Air — Ticket refund to include extra fees charged

On June 3, 2019 I scheduled a flight from Las Vegas, NV to Vienna on Condor Air through Cheap-O-Air. When I...

CheapoairScam

I booked an international flight that will depart on June 22, 2019 and return June 29, 2019. After finished my booking, I received a booking confirmation #[protected]. A few minutes later, I received an email saying that the airline has not confirmed my booking, therefore Cheapoair could not issue my ticket. I called to cancel my booking and buy another ticket from a different vendor due to timing. They put me on hold for 3 hours, finally there was a specialist answered my call. Since they knew I called to cancel my flight. They transferred me to another a department and put me on hold for hours. Nobody answerred my call.
                I could not cancel online, it took me to an error page every time I tried to cancel. But when I chose an option to make a new reservation, they picked up within 2 seconds. This is such a scam. Don't ever buy a ticket from this website. They will never help you when you need them.

Cheapoairrefund

I booked 3 tickets for a flight from lax to San Salvador and unfortunately missed the flight, time confusion). I called in to cheapoair customer service th see what could be done. Per Nico nothing could be done and they charged me $900 but then when I went online to request more of a discount I spoke to the re who stated they charged $450 for their service fee and $450 for the carrier(Avianca). I called Avianca and they stated I should have only been charged $500, but cheapoair didn't care about what Avianca stayed. How can I go about getting my additional refund because $900 is a lot for a cancellation. Plus when I tried to rebook to leave at a different date and return on June 2nd as previously booked, I was told nothing available but they had just cancelled my return flight as well so why couldn't they just resell me those tickets? Totally ruined my vacation which doesn't come around too often because cost of living isn't the greatest. Please help me if anyone knows what I can do. Thanks!

Cheapoairticket didn't say airport change needs entering and exit into uk

Hello. I was not allowed to board my flight because of my ticket . I was rerouted 48 hours later by British airways without any compensation for hotels and taxis... they stated that this is your mistake . I booked a flight Vegas to Beirut. I had a stop in London. What the ticket didn't say is it isn't a terminal change but an airport change that I can not do without having a Visa to enter the UK ! My name is sandra rishani

ticket didn't say airport change needs entering and exit into uk

Cheapoairrefund fee

I booked 3 airline tickets on CheapOair and had just hit the "Book" button when my phone rang and it was a representative from the company calling me to get me to select my preferred seats. I told him I was thinking about it and would possibly book later. He continued trying to talk me into going ahead and selecting my seats. He told me numerous times that "everybody" does it. I repeatedly told him that I would do it later after thinking about it. He kept saying, "I don't know why you would wait. Everybody does it. Why would you not pick your seats now?" I finally asked him if there was a charge for me selecting my own seats. He, of course, said, "Yes". I informed him once again that I was not interested in doing it quite yet, but that I would do it later. He said, "I really don't understand what you are waiting for. Why would you not go ahead and do it now? Everybody does it. I would be the only one NOT doing it." I got tired of repeating myself and I could not get a word in while he continued telling me how I was the ONLY one not selecting my own seats, so I finally just hung up.
                      I felt like I had been bullied and backed into a corner and felt that if this company had representatives calling customers and harassing them like he did me, I didn't feel comfortable flying with them. After several hours, I called the company to cancel the tickets and told the representative what had happened and all he was willing to do was credit me for the "Select Your Seat" charge $28.00). I told him I was not interested and I wanted to just cancel the tickets. THEN he told me I would owe $50.00 per ticket to cancel because they were a travel agency with their own fees. I told him I was aware of the 24 hour reservation requirement as mandated by the Department of Transportation's consumer rule "Enhancing AirlinePassenger Protection". This law protects consumers and requires carriers to hold a reservation at the quoted fare for 24 hours without payment and allows a reservation to be cancelled within 24 hours without penalty. He argued with me for over 5 minutes restating that CheapOair charges a fee on top of the airline fee and their fee is not refundable.
                      This company does not respect the consumer and evidently cares nothing about working with their customers. It is against the law for them to pull these types of tricks.

• CheapOair's response · May 31, 2019

Please provide the 8 digit booking number.

Cheapoairmiscommunication/ unethical behavior (baggage fee)

Today I talked to customer service in regards to changing a plane ticket date. I spoke to Benito and after some back and forth he called the airline while I was put on hold. Our connection was not the best so we tried our best to communicate. I was informed I would be charged $109.95, which I agreed to. Upon looking at my bank statement online, I noticed I was charged 3 times (50 from the airline, 50 from cheapoair, and 9.95 for baggage insurance (which was not mentioned to me before paying, only mentioned after)

I know I shouldve asked for the exact breakdown of the $109.95 fee but I feel like I was deceived as the customer rep added the baggage insurance (most likely to earn a little comission perhaps?)

After, I phoned again and asked another customer rep to explain the situation but he told me the 9.95 was included as a total package but not once did I agree to having insurance added. He said I would pay the same regardless if I had the insurance or not which I know is not true as they billed me separately for it.

Overall, I do not recommend cheapoair.com at all. Customer service is most likely outsourced and is unethical.

• CheapOair's response · May 17, 2019

Please provide the 8 digit booking number.

• Updated by Lam123 · Jun 09, 2019

hi please check your PM, i sent you the booking info.

Cheapoairdates for flights

My husband and I booked flights through Cheap O Air for travel to Hawaii. He and I both checked the times and dates before we booked the flight. We looked at our itinerary a week after we booked the flight and it had us returning a different month than the month we booked for the flight. I looked in my history and it had the dates I wanted not the dates booked. It cost us over 600.00 additional dollars to return the dates we wanted. When I told him the dates in my history were different than what was booked he said he had a snap shot of the flight. Not only were we charged the additional money we initially had a nonstop flight and the new booking was 1 stop and flying all night.

Cheapoair24 hour refund when cancel

Charging a customer after they cancel a flight within 24 hours should be a policy for ALL agency's.. not just the air line angencys! Why do you feel that you should pocket the $50 or $75 per ticket??? I have a very large family that travels, and you better believe that NONE OF US will EVER book through Cheap o Air.. it should be called Cheap O Air that tries to steal your money instead of looking out for the best interest of your customers!! shame on you!

May 07, 2019

Cheapoair — a very long layover 11 hours and 30 min.

I booked a flight and hotel by CheapOair, From Porto Alegre Brazil to Orlando. Everything went fine until I...

Cheapoairagain!! not resolved - ticket reference [protected]

I need to again seek help. We have been issued a new iterinary and was confirmed by Mak, cheapoair supervisor.

Now, When we take a look at the airfrance portal- The BOM - MAA flight says cancelled on Tue June 11th.

This case has been escalated multiple times before and We kindly request to verify and fix this for us.

Cheapoair, This is really not helping guys. Thanks for understanding

• Updated by EKJ · May 03, 2019

Booking confirmation attached

Comments

• CheapOair's response · May 06, 2019

Hello, we show this was taken care of this weekend and new confirmation sent out. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Cheapoairbooking id: [protected]

This a literal harassment!!! .We have booked a family vacation in June and there was a cancellation in connection flight . Cheapoair service customer service is stating they are happy to refund. Isn't that their reaponsility to see thru a connection flight? Very sad and seeking a help here . See the below request sent to cheapoair

Hello customer service,

I have been calling customer service for the last 2 days and have been on hold for 4 hours and none of you have attended the below request.

Can you please confirm what the schedule change is? and reconfirm/ rebook for the below interinary please

Appreciate someone working on this

RESOLVED

Excellent service received from Mak, Cheapoair supervisor. Awesome help. Kindly disregard this complaint

• Updated by EKJ · May 03, 2019

Cheapoair, This is really not helping guys. Thanks for understanding

Cheapoairflight booking

Date of incident - 5th April (I live in Australia), Made a booking AUS time 2:30pm on the 2nd April (Glasgow to Melbourne/return). I understood that my fare could only be confirmed once my credit card was confirmed. On the 3rd April apparently the fare increased within the 7 hours they processed the card. Instead of the ticketing dept advising me the ticket had not been released, the admitted they forgot to call me. So when I chased up the issue on the 5th April, the cost increased by $700US. Now my friends were supposed to leave on the 5th April from Glasgow to Melbourne so I had no choice but to pay the difference. The funny thing being, they were able to send me a form to acknowledge the new fare and send me a confirmed booking within 5 minutes with tickets. so not only did I pay for the change in fare from the 2nd April to the 3rd, I also paid the difference for the 4th and the 5th.

I wished I saw all the bad reviews on this firm, so many people have complained about the same thing, why do you engage in their services. By association it give skyscanner a bad name. I have used your service religiously, I am so disappointed.

• Updated by TrishDV · Apr 05, 2019

I also asked them to send me a copy of our chat conversation and nothing has been sent