CheapOair company logo

CheapOair
reviews & complaints
CheapOair
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

354 complaints
163 resolved 191 unresolved

This account has been claimed by CheapOair customer service / representatives through our verification process.

CheapOair reviews & complaints 41 - 80

CheapOair complaints 354

R
Nov 25, 2021

CheapOair - False information while trying to book a flight

Booking # [protected]
We booked a flight from Canada to India (roundtrip) and had to cancel due ot covid rule change of rules stating getting a covid test needed from last boarding place. When requesting to cancel inspite of taking an insurance, they denied. Submitted whole load of documents still denied. Credited with a condition of using the same flight saying credit valid till 2023 but sent an email saying 2022. If we had not checked they would not have corrected had to call another 2-3 times to rectify it.
Then while trying to rebook the flight had to force travel plans to meet the same flight conditions to use the credit after waiting on line for 30 mins the agent told we will need to book a transit visa which upon checking was false info.

Desired outcome: Refund of the ticket to bank and not a credit with conditions

CheapOair - Unethical behaviour

On nov 12 we booked a round trip american airlines trip for us from la guardia airport to miamileaving n. Y 2pm. Returning from miami to n. Y nov21 7pm. Both trips were a disaster. U changed our return trip on nov.21 to frontier airlines. On both trips we said our seats must be together due to mr. Arken being 85yrs of age and a disabled army veteran. I shara pena is mr arken's nurse and I must administer medications to him on the trip. U seperated us putting me in the front of plane and mr arken in middle of plane. He got up from his seat and fell and hit his head hard. On return trip u changed our flight to the disastorous frontier air lines. They sat on the runnway for 2hrs and do not even have a blanket for mr arken who was very cold if we do not hear from u immiediately we are taking this story to the daily news & n.Y. Post. N.Y. Mr arken's son who is a negligence attorney will then bring a lawsuit against cheap o air. My phone # is [protected]. Mr arken's info is donald arken 125 10 queens b;lvd, apt. 1804 kew gardens, ny [protected]

CheapOair - CheapOAir employee lied when booking ticket

Hi,

I talked to Alexander from CheapoAir. He told me that the maximum charges (including fees and difference) would be $15 to $250. Now, I want to reschedule return flight from Ahmedabad to Toronto (connecting - New Delhi) from 31st December, 2021 to 11th February, 2021. And now, they told me $890 for difference. When I asked them to check call history they always say their supervisor will callback in an hour. But I didn't receive callback. I am going contact OOP and to file legal complaint against ChepO AIr for fraudulent (Falseful) information. Booking # [protected] Thank you

Desired outcome: I want the maximum difference must be $250 as they have mentioned earlier (including Fees and fare difference)

E
Nov 19, 2021

CheapOair - Having to cancel my reservation do to medical reasons

I booked a flight for me and my wife to visit my son, due to 90 year old mother getting an illness, we had to cancel our trip. Cheapoair was not understanding, gave us a run around by telling us we had to contact the airline directly, who then told us we had to contact Cheapoair. Customer support does not help or assist at all. The are only good at providing excuses on why they can't help you.. I will never use this company again, especially after eating the total cost of my trip. Worst company ever…

I

CheapOair - Airline ticket

I purchased a plane ticket for my son on 11/5/21 and he was unable to make his flight, due to the fact that he was hospitalized and cheapoair refused to refund my money back, or offer credit toward another flight, so I lost $300 of my hard earned money. I'm never booking with these crooks, that's robbery, when you take someone's hard earned money and refuse to give it back, or offer credit towards another flight. Their has to be a law against that.

Desired outcome: I just want credit towards rebooking

C

CheapOair - Flight is canceled due to Covid and never get refund

I booked two round flights with cheapoair for 3 passengers, first itinerary [protected] with west jet round trip birmingham Al then to Montreal Canada, and second itinerary [protected] round trip with Air Alegria from Montreal Canada to Algeria. Then Covid happened and both flights were canceled and so far we can't book any flights to Canada or Algeria because airports are closed . We are asking kindly to help us get the refund of $2430.53 We really worked hard to save this money so we can go and see our families and now we can't book any flights and we can't get our money back. We called the cheapoair and contacted you on the phone and social media but with no luck. Will you please whelp us get the refund of $2430.53?

Desired outcome: Full refund

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

CheapOair - Breaking up charges amounted to total charges more than what have been agreed

Booking number: [protected]

Initial charges as per email dated 28/10/21 amounted to USD2, 479.07.

However, charges were breaked up into 7 separate small charges dated 27/10/21 - 2 charges, 28/10/21 - 3 charges, 29/10/21 - 1 charge and 01/11/21 - 1 charge amounted to USD2, 798.82.

There are unauthorised transaction of insurance of USD154.85 and insurance upgrade of USD29.97 and agency fee of USD105.

Additionally, it is so difficult to seek update on earlier emails sent and to get through its customer services.

My worst experience and I would strongly not recommend using cheapoair.

Desired outcome: To refund unauthorised transactions and to stop the fraudulent practice of breaking up into small charges which benefiting the company from exchange rate and hidden charges.

O
Nov 01, 2021

CheapOair - Didn't receive my refund since 4 months

Dear Team,

I have requested for refund of my mentioned booking number ([protected]). Unfortunately, the credit card and bank account I used to purchase the ticket are no more valid/ operational. Trying to reach out to billing/customer support for the last few months and they keep on lingering on the issue and not resolving it by simply refunding the amount to any of my currently active accounts. I wish I had never used this platform.

Regards,
Owais Hussain

Desired outcome: Get my refund on currently any active account

CheapOair - Return flights from Mexico

I booked my flights to Puerto Vallarta for 9/29/21 with a return of 10/5/21. Booking number is [protected] When I arrived at PVR Airport for my return flight I was informed that myself and the other...

CheapOair - Booking Issues

10/16/2021 I had booked a Flight using a refund or credit I Had. I was billed a 123.00. I received a phone call and was told I was given the wrong dates. I immediately contacted Cheapoair to change dates. I was billed another 145.00 within 2 hrs of booking. Then I was online for an indefinite amount of time. When I suggested flight option I was immediately discarded. My booking number is [protected]

Desired outcome: Refund of 143.00

CheapOair - Rebooking / Voucher or refund not honored as per first mail reply.

PS PLEASE READ FROM BOTOM UP! NB Thank YOU email [protected]@offersen.co.za
Correspondence fron CheapOair below:

Hi Jasmine

I thanks for your reply, hope you are well.

I am very annoyed as I basically paid twice for the return ticket once with you then with Air France, and none of you are taking responsibility for giving me a refund /voucher so I can rebook my flight.
I was told by you Jasmine to give you a new flight dates see your mail below in RED my ticket is still open /active on my website link and valid to 31/12/2021 so why will no one now not honor it, please will you sort this out with you superiors and escalate this enquiry otherwise I will have to take further steps please come on fair is fair.

We understand your concern regarding rebooking.

Please be informed that, your ticket is valid till 31st Dec 2021 and all travel needs to be completed prior to this date. Hence, we would request you to share your preferred dates accordingly and we will check further.

From: Support
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 17:07
To: Nicholas Offersen
Subject: [6991997] Re: RE: Flight - Nicholas Offersen PY523B

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (6991997) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Oct 16, 2021, 11:06 EDT

We understand your concern regarding rebooking.

Please be informed that, initially you made your booking with us. However, later it got exchanged by the airlines and they took the control over your booking. Even, if we assist you with changes, we will not be able to reissue the ticket. Due to which we have suggested you to contact the airlines to rebook your flights directly with them.

Oct 15, 2021, 15:41 EDT
Hi Jazmine

Thanks for your reply. Hope you doing well.

I did first contact Air France as you say the flight was changed to another date, that flight was then cancelled.
Air France says that as I booked the initial ticket with you, I need to get the refund/ Voucher from you.
I did go onto your website and looked at my booking and it is still open and says I have a refund of $ 1197.36 this is valid until 31/12/2021. Please can this be sorted out or can you sort it out with the airline if need be please as I paid for the ticket and then again to change it.

Please I need this resolved. All I need is a ticket to Copenhagen as per my mail to you previously.

RSA

Disclaimer: The information in this email and any attachments may contain proprietary and confidential information that is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, retention or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. When addressed to our clients or vendors, any information contained in this e-mail or any attachments is subject to the terms and conditions in any governing contract. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately contact the sender and delete the e-mail.

Oct 15, 2021, 13:08 EDT

We understand your concern regarding rebooking.

Please be informed that, we have checked your booking and found that, your ticket was exchanged by the airlines and now under their control. Hence, in order to make changes, you required to contact them at [protected]. Your airline ticket number is [protected].

Oct 15, 2021, 3:34 EDT
Hi Support

Hope you well.
What is happening with my reply to your mail below?

From: [protected]@offersen.co.za
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 22:31
To: 'Support'
Subject: RE: [6991997] Re: RE: Flight - Nicholas Offersen - PY523B - Booking [protected]

From: Support
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 21:21
To: Nicholas Offersen
Subject: [6991997] Re: RE: Flight - Nicholas Offersen PY523B

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Oct 13, 2021, 10:26 EDT

Good Day

I changed my sons flight Booking Ref: PY523B. Booking# [protected]
He was due to fly on the 1/02/2020 from Cape Town To Copenhagen.
On the 27 January 2020 at KLM/Air France customer counter at Cape Town international airport I did the change to his flight to leave on the 11 June 2020 this was then canceled by the airline because of the Covid Virus.

Now I need to book his ticket to leave late December or first week Jan Please can you help? Air France / KLM say I need you to do this they can't help.

This email is a service from Cheapoair. Delivered by Zendesk
[3MKD9W-XWXM]

Oct 14, 2021, 15:29 EDT
Hi Support

Hope you well.
What is happening with my reply to your mail below?

From: [protected]@offersen.co.za
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 22:31
To: 'Support'

Oct 13, 2021, 16:31 EDT

Oct 13, 2021, 10:26 EDT

Good Day

I changed my sons flight Booking Ref: PY523B. Booking# [protected]
He was due to fly on the 1/02/2020 from Cape Town To Copenhagen.

This email is a service from Cheapoair. Delivered by Zendesk
[3MKD9W-XWXM]

Desired outcome: New Booking or voucher for initial booking

E

CheapOair - Refund approved due to covid

Booked flight through CheapoAir with Porter Airlines from Fredericton, NB to Toronto and return.had to cancel flight due to covid 19. Refund for flight was approved by Porter in amount of $554.28 which was confirmed by CheapoAir. To date we have received $368.58 to personal Visa. Numerous phone calls to customer service and have yet to receive balance paid by Visa Gift Card in amount of $200. CheapoAir approved balance Of $185.70 but has yet to refund. Would not recommend CheapoAir, They are not hassle free, reputable or show signs of integrity. HStill waiting for last agent, Camille, 1 of at least 10 CheapoAir representatives to resolve and get back to me in a couple days. .it has been 3 weeks now. All was approved Aug. 26, 2021.
Eric Tompkins

Desired outcome: Receive refund

G

CheapOair - Air India

Hello I booked a ticket in February due to COVID symptoms we cancel the ticket.I called many time about my refund but no one tell me the right answer.
Every time when ever I called they always mention they couldn't contact with airline.how's that possible that you have big company and you guys can't contact the airline company.that's a really Ridiculous service I ever seen.I called many time to talk with management team but until now I didn't receive any call.

V

CheapOair - Refund Pending since March'2021

This is regarding flight tickets booked under booking# [protected] for 21st Mar 2021. we canceled the tickets on March 2nd due to the travel restrictions imposed by Canadian government and were promised a refund within a 3 months time frame. It has been more than 6 months now and we are yet to receive our money back. This is is extremely disappointing as we have been paying interest for that money for so many months now. Request you to please look into this matter and resolve asap.

Desired outcome: Refund

CheapOair - Fly ticket

Hello! I buy fly ticket for to person for 19august2021 from regina canada to cluj napoca romania with return in 06sep2021! Before I traveling I ask the company wat documents I ned for travel safely! The company say I ned document for full vaccinated! I go to travelclinic and I ask again and I get probe for full vaccinated! The fly from regina to cluj it was ok but from cluj to regina start the problem! We go to cluj airport with 5hrs before start our trip with negative covid-19 test and full vaccinated probe! We wast refused to check in for reasons we ned not just this 2 document we ned also pcr test! We doing the pcr test also but the results it was ready after 24hrs! We lost the trip to regina I contact the company to reschedule the trip but don't help us after I call aircanada who also don't help us and I must buy another tickets for $3000 for next day because in 09sep2021 we ned to start our jobs! I don't know who give me the money back? Please help me because it's lots of money! Thank you csaba

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

CheapOair - Business ticket Toronto to Manila. Travel date August 27,2020. Booking Ref. # [protected]

Due to travel restrictions by the Philippines government I chose to delay my travel and expressed my willingness to keep my credit.
I'm now trying to call Cheapoair and being thrown from one place to the other until I connected with someone who told me my ticket is gone
I need to find out my ticket status and wish to use it once Philippines government opens the country up for tourism again
My name: Solaiman Taher
My cell: [protected]
My email : [protected]@yahoo.com

Desired outcome: I need to maintain my credit for future booking

L

CheapOair - My flight reservation was time was changed with the airline

I wasn't given a reservation number or correct confirmation number for boarding my return flight. The agents hung up 3 times on me when asked about how could I receive info to get home from Atlanta, Georgia airport to Jackson, Ms airport. I even allowed the agents (Cheapoair) to speak with Delta airlines staff agents. Delta barely was able to help out after 4hours later. Delta told Cheapoair told my return flight time was delayed a few minutes but not canceled. Cheapoair didn't call back as promised. I missed my 2:25 flight home and Delta had to change my flight somehow to 6:11pm instead of 2:25pm the time my flight should of been.
Cheapoair agent told me n Delta staff that he saw my flight was changed to 6:45am
8-31 instead of 2:25pm to return home. I reminded him several times I was in Cancun at 6:45am and how was that even possible. I am so pissed I will never do service with this agency again. My booking info number was: 718

CheapOair - Airline ticket

I bought the ticket on 6/6/2021. At the time of my purchase an agent at Chepoair recommended that I should get insurance from Trip Mate in case something happens that I would get refunded. This was in addition to me maying extra for Flex Ticket to have flexibility. I canceled my ticket 7/11/2021, well in advance of my trip date 8/3/2021. The reason my trip got cancelled was because the country that I was going to visit hard had COVID restriction for non-essential visitors. First I contacted Chipoair to cancel the trip, and I was advised to call the insurance company for a refund and I did all on the same day, 7/11. For 31 days, I have not heard anything other than my case was being reviewed and I can check on their website. Finally, the insurance replied that COVID restrictions are not one of the things that they cover.
How ironic!? We are in the midst of COVID 19 pandemic, the insurance I bought does not cover me from the unforeseeable pandemic restrictions. What I'm I supposed to do? Take the chance and fly to a country where I'm not welcomed or warned because of a health risk?
I called Chepoair again to relay what I was told but the agent referred me to the airline carrier, Icelander. I called Icelander and they told me, no you bought the ticket from Chepoair so go back and rectify with them.
I'm tired bounced around like a hot potato from one company to the other. But I paid 1, 150 for this ticket so I will talk to however many people it will take to either get my money back or a credit. However, it's very disappointing and frustrating position to be in.

Desired outcome: Let me have a refund or a future credit I can use

CheapOair - Flight Disappeared

Giovanna Baratto / Alexander Baratto
email: [protected]@yahoo.com Cell phone: [protected]

Travel from JFK NY to Marco Polo Airport Italy:
August 9 (flight 7635) to August 15 (flight 7616), 2021
Alitalia partnered with Delta Airlines.
Booking #[protected].

I am filing a formal complain regarding mine and my son's flight reservation through CheapoAir. As I indicated to every CheapoAir and Delta staff I spoke to - this was not a vacation! We were on our way to see my mother, Ines Marcolongo, who lives in Abano Terme, Padova. She is 91 years old and alone! Because of the pandemic travel restrictions, we missed both her 90th and 91st birthday (April 7, 1930). My father, her husband of 56 years, passed away so this visit was also my last-ditch effort to convince her to return to the United States since she is now completely alone! A refund of our tickets is the least CheapoAir could do for us! I am completely devastated because now we may not be able to see her again for yet another year due to the new Delta Variant. Moreover, I am terrified she may not live another year because of her health status and her depression due to a year in solitude from lockdown! She has fallen on multiple occasions. She has called me while I am at the hospital here in the U.S. for my internship in Respiratory Therapy because she's spilled boiling tea on her lap. But she refuses to get help because of Covid. The main strategy was to help convince her to come home so I can take care of her here!

I have always used travel agencies such as Expedia and Travelocity when we would visit my parents after they returned to Italy after my father retired in 1992. For this visit I decided to try CheapoAir. This decision has been an irreparable, unbearable mistake! I have had difficulty with your representatives from the very beginning. My flights kept getting changed, and they would be changed from direct to connecting flights - many times without my knowledge. I have spent several hours on multiple occasions on the phone repeating myself that I purposely chose to fly out of JFK, located almost 2 hours away, because we needed a direct flight "To See My Mother"! Newark Airport does not offer direct flights. It was only for one week and I explained to each and every agent that the last time I had a connecting flight it took me 16 hours to get to her. I cannot afford to lose time again. Yet, I kept getting new flights with a connection.

Initially, my son and I were to travel September 7th; however, as a Respiratory Therapist I have first-hand knowledge of the severity of this Delta Variant. I exercised my right to one change in the flight schedule per Alitalia protocol. I literally spent 4 ½ hours on the phone and had to go through 8 different agents before I could finally reach one who would help me. Your agents would either put me on hold indefinitely or literally hang up on me. I reached a point where I was begging them to please not hang up on me - and they did anyway. By the 5th agent I began to inform them that our calls were being recorded but nothing changed. I am more than happy to share these recordings with you in addition to supporting documentation. This forum only has a link to download photos and videos.

With each agent that I have spoken to, I was told each time that I could not change our flights because they were economy flights despite my "reading" to them verbatim the policy regarding the one-time allowable change. I attached a copy of the policy. Tania, my eighth agent, finally confirmed with me that I was correct and was able to change our tickets to August 9, 2021. I immediately spoke to her supervisor and explained what had happened and commended Tania for her patience and competence. I had to still pay extra but this was my mother so it did not matter. Once I received confirmation of our flight change, I paid $21.90 to secure our seats on the plane via CheapoAir's Enhanced Seat Assignment Program of which I paid for as well.

The evening prior to departure, Sunday August 8th, I received an email indicating that our seats are no longer valid. This time, both my son and I are calling CheapoAir simultaneously trying to get a hold of an agent to find out what happening now! And once again, I am either put on hold indefinitely or I am hung up on. My son could not get anyone on the phone but I did manage to reach two different agents who explained that the airline had to be changed but assured me that there would be no problem. The first agent told me to call Delta to get the new airline confirmation number because he did not have anything on record for Delta. I called Delta and the Delta agent said that they could not do anything without the airline confirmation number which needs to be supplied by the travel agency. After several more calls, I reached the second agent and she reassured me that this was still the correct airline confirmation number and that we will have no trouble boarding the plane. I reiterated to her that I paid for our seat selection so we wouldn't have to worry for problems like this. She stated that I will have to secure the seats again at check-in. She reimbursed me the $21.90 and assured me once again that we will have no problems with the flight, and to make sure we go directly to Delta Airlines for check in.

I paid a driver $100 to take us to JFK International Airport and arrived 4 hours early. My son and I checked in, submitted our EU PLF document, and received our boarding passes. At 19:40 hours, we handed our boarding passes to the Delta agent prior to boarding our flight. My boarding pass registered with no issue. My son's boarding pass was not recognized and we were told to step aside while they tried to figure out what the problem was. As the time for departure neared, I called CheapoAir and the agent, Sevin, insisted that the tickets were confirmed. I told him mine was fine but my son's ticket is not recognized. He would not accept this problem. He asked why I wouldn't board the plane, not understanding that this was my son - my mother's grandson - he asked me to leave behind! I asked him, "Would you leave your son behind?"

The agent then went on to say we needed to be at the Alitalia gate which was completely wrong. I replied that if this were the case, then we would have been directed to Alitalia at the time of check in. The Delta agent confirmed that Alitalia does not fly directly to Venice, only to Rome, which is why they are partnered with Delta. Moreover, the itinerary clearly indicates that the flight is partnered with Delta Airlines. I offered to buy my son another ticket but the agent insisted that it was too late to buy another one despite my informing him that the pilot will wait another ten minutes. The agent then tried to blame the problem on me because I changed the flight from September to August. He then put me on hold and never returned to the call. We missed our flight. I did not see my mother. My son did not see his grandmother.

The following morning, Tuesday August 10th, I started a chat discourse on the CheapoAir website. I did this instead of a call because I wanted everything in writing. The chat lasted approximately 3 ½ hours with no resolution. Once again, I was asked why I did not get on the flight - and once again I asked, "Would you leave your son behind?!" At least this agent agreed that he would not. The agent was not able to reach anyone from Delta Airlines so he said that the CheapoAir Waiver Team would contact me in 3 - 5 business days.

On Thursday August 12th, I received both a voice mail from Ms. Barrett, indicating that the refund request has been submitted to Alitalia. It is now almost a week and I would like to know what reparations will be offered for not only our financial loss, but also the emotional struggle that my son and I have been, and are still currently subjected to? Again, this was the one and only opportunity we would have had to see my mother thanks to surging Covid cases and restrictions being placed on U.S. travelers. The Covid surge/Delta Variant was the only reason why we changed our flight from September until now! I don't know when we will have another opportunity to see my mother! What if she does not survive another year?!

Do you understand the burden CheapoAir has placed on my shoulders?! The way this process has been mishandled is unconscionable! I have not slept for more than 2 hours each night since this incidence. I am experiencing immense stress and am having great difficulty functioning because of the mistake that was made by your travel agency! Not knowing if I will ever see my mother again because of CheapoAir's carelessness is unbearable!

Please demonstrate some compassion and tell me what you would do!
What will be done about this?

I await your reply and your resolution of this matter.

Giovanna Baratto

Fabio Lazzerini, CEO, Alitalia
Judge Advocate General, US Army
Better Business Bureau
Attorney General's Office

Desired outcome: Reimbursement of all charges by CheapoAir at the very least! CheapoAir needs to find a way to compensate for the emotional distress you have caused!!!

J
Aug 17, 2021

CheapOair - Refund and adjustment

Under my booking number [protected] October 29th 2020. I paid an extra $229.78 on August 7th 2021 for my traveling. But now they are asking more c$700 and pretending that Canada Airline is asking for...

1 2 3  ...  18