Chase / online banking/closing account

1 New York City, United States

I moved from the US to the UK and tried to transfer some of my funds out of my account. Chase seen this and blocked my online banking! When I rang their "customer help line" they asked me to vertify the exact date amount of transactions in and out of my account- how would you know this information without access to your account!! I was able to provide my passport details, date of birth, date open account, major transactions, Social security, address etc and still they would not unblock my account. Next they said the only way to get the funds would be to close my account. Hour and Hours of international calls to their helpline- letters sent from chartered accountants they still did not send me my cheque to close my account. This process has taken over two months- 15 hours of "paid for international calls" and where am I ...NO FUTHER!!! NEVER BANK WITH CHASE!! They offer no services for international customers and do not have the technology or resources to verify international customers when things go wrong- on their side. Yet with all of this they are still charging me $12 a month for my account!

Sa