Chase Checking Account / overdraft fees

1 Houston, TX, United States Review updated:

I have several accounts with Chase. I noticed one night I was going to be overdrawn on my checking account so I transferred funds from 2 savings accounts to cover it. Both transactions showed that they went thru that night. I checked my account again the next morning but only one transaction showed. The other was still pending and I had $105 in overdraft fees on my checking. I contacted the customer service center and they refused to refund the fees or give me a straight answer about why only one transaction was showing that morning when both had showed processed the night before. This isn't the first time their "creative bookkeeping" has caused me fees. I have already opted out of their "courtesy overdraft protection" so that any charges beyond what I had in the bank would be declined so I wouldn't occur any fees. Instead, they hold debit transactions so if you check your balance thru the ATM, you still show money in the account. You have to check your account online to see a true balance. This is the only bank I have ever used that posts debits before they post credits. I plan on moving my accounts to another bank, any bank, as soon as possible. Chase's "business practices" are nothing but flagrant thievery.

Comments

11th of Feb, 2010

I just closed my account with Chase NV because they we overcharging me overdraft fees for items already cleared.I was told today that Nevada has" A Law" that says to take the largest amount that posts That day then enter the smaller amounts. So I get charged 3 overdraft fees instead of one. I think this is an unethical and possible illegal practice. They are supposed to be working for their customers. I feel robbed.