Complaints & Reviews

Chase Banknot refunding money due

while doing my online banking on the 18th of may, i noticed to ATM withdrawals on my account from the 16th for 100.00 and 20.00 plus ATM fees totaling 10.00. the withdrawals were at the local market here. we never use non bank ATM's. plus i was out of town and have proof. i called the bank, explained the situation, was told by the clerk that they'd send me a blue envelope and form, to fill it out with my story and send it in via fax at the bank. Plus they said they'd credit my account for 130.00 . 4 days came and went, and nothing in the mail OR my account. so i called the bank. i was told less than 48 hours after the call they denied my claim. They never sent me the paperwork, never asked my side of it, never asked for my proof, NOTHING. today i've spoken to 4 supervisors and they are reopening the case, but i have to wait 5 working days for the credit, and if they deny the claim AGAIN then i'm out 130.00. i make 970.00 a month, so 130.00 is a big deal! plus, if they go over my account, they'll see i NEVER use any ATM except the one at the bank because of the fees. we're switching to Wells Fargo. either that or we're putting our money under the mattress.

joeschmo Aug 31, 2009

I was in the same situation, I sued Chase in Small Claims court for treble damages and won my case easily - you should do the same.
      It seems to be Chase policy in cases of ATM fraud to accuse the account owner of making the disputed withdrawals themselves and put the burden of proof on you.
      Their policy is in short: YOU ARE GUILTY UNTIL YOU PROVE TO US YOU ARE INNOCENT.
      Now Chase is a powerful Corporation but they still don't get to change one of the most basic laws of our great country - everyone is INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. This means that if Chase accuses you, they have to produce EVIDENCE to support their accusation.
      Research the 'Electronic Funds Transfer Act' and sue Chase for treble damages in Small Claims court - if you are innocent, you will have no problem winning your case as I did, I got my money back plus costs and expenses plus damages - Chase will be paying for my next vacation.

• Vi
      Vika Dec 21, 2009

I had a similar problem with them, someone took money from an ATM, and chase denied my claim about 40 mins after I filed a claim, they said my case will not even be investigated because by their guidelines its not eligible to be investigated. I am still calling them every day but no results yet, its been 20 days already. People, stay away from chase, your money is not safe in that bank. their claims dep sucks big time, WAMU was the best bank ever, chase is the worst.

Chase Bank — racism

I visited the branch this week and had to make a withdraw because the ATM was not working again (another...

Chase Manhattancredit card rate increase

I have had a credit card with chase since 1984, and am in good standing. Due to medical expenses I have had to carry a balance lately, and pay around two times the minimum balance monthly. I have a very good credit rating. I just received a form letter type statement from Chase telling me that they are going to over double my interest rate in July. I am enraged, and have have decided to cash in a CD, and actually transfer what is left on the balnce to a credit card that actually has a higher rate than my chase card at this time. I am mad, and I am not going to give chase another cent of my money. I have another credit card with Chase that carries no balance and I am also closing that account. I know that it will tweek my credit rating, but tough. This is a principle thing for me, but just think if everyone who was being ripped off by chase would figure out a way to close all their accounts with Chase. We need to figure out ways of not being victims of companies that believe they have us over a barrel. Sometimes it is worth spending a little to stand up for what is right. I am disabled and living on a fixed income right now, but I refuse to be a victim of Chase Manhattan.

Chase Home Finance — customer rip off - fax fee payoff quote

I have a mortgage loan from Chase Home Finance for about 1 year. I am in the process of refinancing through...

J P Morgan Chase/Wamurefinance

We paid a 350.00 non refundable fee to start our loan process. We have excellent credit and over 50 % equity in our home. We have had our loan with WaMu for 7 years. We started the process in January 2009 with the loan closing date was not till April 23. We were told every thing was "good" for our refinance to a 20 year 4.75%loan. We provided all documents requested, We did not hear from our loan officer until April 16th, Again everything was "good".
      On April 22nd we received a call saying he needed a road maintenance agreement, which I scrambled to get. Then He said he needed something called "By law"s attached to it, I never got an exact description of what it was. He said he would file for an exception and an extension . He did this the day AFTER the closing date and sent an email that said the loan was denied because the loan was too old.I copied every email correspondence and typed a letter with documents showing how our loan was handled [ or not handled] The next letter I get is one saying the loan was denied for "insufficient value or collateral-unable to verify identity." This is not what we were told from our local bank. We really feel that this was due to the incredible amount of loans they are trying to process and ours was not a priority since they had nothing to gain by reducing our rate and they had offered a low fee loan which is another story in and of itself. So they got our $350.00 and continue to hold our 6.125 % loan. We were taken and I want to tell as many people as possible after all they took my tax dollars too!

• Cd
          cdmentor Jul 06, 2009

You told my story. They contacted me in Jan 2009 for a $750.00 fee on my credit card and then approved it in April 2009. They had the home appraised and we have almost 65% equity after recent adjustments. Now they won't return phone call or anything. I have contacted the federal authorities and filed a complaint. Contact the " Comptroller of the currency, administrator of national banks in Houston Texas. You can file with your state as this is a national bank.

• De
          desertlawyer Aug 31, 2009

We applied for a refi in December 2008 with WAMU. Our credit score is over 820 and we have over 50% equity. Immediately after applying, Chase took over WAMU. For 5 months they kept asking for more and more documents, some on the ridiculous side. Nevertheless, we provided all documents requested and were constantly told there was no problem with the application. After 5 months we received a form letter telling us our application was rejected because of "inadequate or improper collateral." I started making phone calls and eventually worked my way up to the supervisor of the underwriters -- the people who make these decisions. He told me that the rejection was a mistake. There was nothing wrong with our collateral, but they were rejecting the application anyway because our income dropped in 2008. Except our income was still more than adequate to meet all our modest obligations. Since I am a lawyer, I started drafting a complaint to sue Chase. Before I had a chance to file it, I received a letter from a different department of Chase basically saying they knew they blew it and wanted a chance to start over. Long story short, the former WAMU people dropped the ball and never filed the proper paper work with Fanny May to extend the interest rate lock-in when the bank extended it tfor us. As a result, Fanny Mae would not insure the loan so Chase had to find a way to reject the loan. They knew they would lose in court, so they offered to start a new application with no costs whatsoever, and to buy-down the rate for us to approximate our original loan. They had our house re-appraised and everything was moving along when they decided to have the house appraised again (within a week of the first appraisal) and, surprise surprise, it appraised for 20% lower! In a week! And based on the crappiest comps in the crappiest neighborhoods. It is now 9 months since our original application with WAMU and we are still waiting. And waiting. And waiting. If this second round crashes and burns, I will be seeking similarly situated people for major lawsuit. Stay tuned.

Chase Auto Finance — lost title

I had a 4 year loan with Chase Auto Finance for my Saturn. I paid the loan off 5 months early. Chase sent me...

Jp Chace Morganrefi ripoff

Don't trust Chace they promise no problem you have a great credit score just need you credit card and we can get stared. They appraised the house and the day that the rate is to expire i get a letter that said that i am over extended. i have a credit score of 780 and was pre approved the new rate and terms meant that my new mortgage would be $1000 chaper a month so how could i be overextended? it was a SCAM to get my $750 now i cant get anyone on the phone or email respone from Marie Messner or Andrew Kim NO PROBLEM MY A.

Read more: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/finance/chase_mortgage.html#ixzz0FWXA5rOR&B

Chase Platinum Mastercardcustomer service no longer an option due to & tough economic times

I have been a Chase Mastercard card member for five years, and I have never been late or missed a payment in that time. I recently changed personal checking accounts. This past month, I entered my new routing number and account number and submitted a payment for the full balance of my account four days before the due date. The payment showed up in my account and I thought all was well.

Then, one day after the due date (5 days later), the payment was reversed. Apparently I made an error when typing in the routing number of my new account. As a result of the reversed payment, I was one day late in paying the card, and a $39 fee was applied to my account.

I called to see if they would reverse the late charge. I thought it would be no problem. Once before, when I was moving and a bill got lost, I was late on a Discover Card payment, and they reversed their $25 charge quickly and easily. Chase, however, told me that "in these tough economic times" they were unable to reverse charges. Now, as both a card holder and a middle-class tax payer, I am very offended by this statement. My money already bailed out Chase Bank, and I have been a good customer for five years, without a problem or complaint. To top it off, the customer representative immediately assumed that I would not pay off my account and acted like she was going to hand my information over to a collection agency. I am insulted by the assumption that I would not pay my debts.

I will close the credit card account tomorrow, assuming my payment for the full balance processes by then. I will also never again use any Chase product or service again. Chase was willing to lose a customer over a $39 late fee. If you are considering them for anything, I urge you not to. Their customer service policies are so poor that they deserve to close their doors.

Chase Bank — stalling on refinancing my mortgage

Chase formly Washington Mutual has been delaying and delaying my home loan refinancing. I started my loan...

Chase Investment Servicesbeware

Beware : My Financial Advisor at the Chase Branch on 51st and Lexington in NYC closed out my IRA and bought bonds and equities without my knowledge or permission. Seems that this kind of thing is ok with Chase. Kind of surprised that I didn't have to sign anything before he could do something like that. I'll be moving my money to another bank once this mess is cleaned up.

Chase Visa Cardrude customer service

I have WAMU visa card, which is taken over by Chase bank now. Chase has converted WAMU home page to "Chase" during march 7, 8, 9, 2009. I had set up online payment since I had WAMU card, but Chase has changed it, as a result my March statement payment didn't go thru, and chase charged $ 39.0 late fee + Finance charge. When contacted customer service, call wdiverted to Phillipines. Customer service Rep was very rude and not courteous and didn't care to answer any question. When asked She didn't provide her Rep ID number, she didn't tell her last name, which city she is located. She didn't accept complaint over the phone. she didnt provide address where to send written complaint. She didn't waive late fee + finance charge and kept arguing on each sentence and humilating the customer, as this is all customers fault. if Chase website was not working for 3 day. and she cannot do any thing in this situation.

I have other credit cards like Discover card, Amex card, Wachovia Visa, Capital One Master card and their customer service Reps have been help ful and couteous and easy to do business. I shall not recommend Chase Cards to any body. They have out sourced customer service in Asia, it sucks.

• Gi
                  gigglerpledx May 09, 2009

just for future reference dont be shy, just say ' sorry i can't understand you, is there someone else i can speak to?
                  I always do, sometimes even ask directly 'can i speak to an american?'

Most times, you will get transferred to one.. i can never understand what these reps are saying and not only that they seem to have a different view of how to 'help' the customer than someone of my own culture.

Any time you phone the bank its a hassle, so at least, if im paying good money, i'm not gonna settle for some hard to understand & rude foreigner.

• Ba
                  bad CEO's Sep 08, 2009

When my WAMU card changed to chase they changed terms on my account to raise interest rates. One month later they will close your account. after your acct is closed they will again send you an opt out form to send to stop the increase in your interest rate, but since your acct has been closed by them you are not eligible to stop the interest rate change. This is fraudulent because as a payment paying customer you still have rights per the federal trade commission consumer protection division. Do like me and pay it off so they can't use the interest to pay their CEO's millions. I have complained to the FTC but I still haven't found the person to send all my physical evidence of what happened to me. I used registered returned receipt mail for all my correspondence. JPMorgan Chase are crooks. v/r q

Chase Credit Card Companyterrible customer service

Fraud dept. calls me to say that they have put a "hold" on my account for questionable purchases. Purchase were legitimate that they put hold on, but for unauthorized charges from www.smartsavings.com in the amount of $29.95 + $1 every two weeks, they say they can not stop this!!! This is the "fraud" department!!! I asked them to google www.smartsavings.com to see the scams that this company is up to and they just shrugged this off.
                Terrible customer service. They say the only thing I can do is cancel my card and get another one!

Chase needs to get act together!

• Ju
                    juan felipe roa fernandez Jul 14, 2007

I had the impression that Chase was a good credit card company. Couple months ago i had to do a cash advance for no more than $200. Couple days after I made a payment covering that cash advance and any possible finance charges. I just found out that the only way of paying for a cash advance is paying the whole amount of the credit. In other words, if you have an outstanding balance for $2000 dollars on you account and you have a cash advance of $100, to be able to pay for that cash advance you need to pay for the whole amount of you balance. They are charging me 24% and what initially was a cash advance of $200 became almost $500.

• Mi
                    Michael Jul 19, 2007

Common knowledge. The highest interest rates are deducted last. Right in your agreement.

• In
                    Inez Jul 03, 2008

I have a small credit with Chase Bank, and every time I get charged with fees, because I pay them ahead. I called them on it and they took off the fees.
                    This happened twice - since they merged or de-merged with GEMoney. This is not my problem and dont need to hear it.

Now I havent received a statement for June and I paid them, and charged me again not 39.00 but 29.00. I always pay them the first of the month, but didnt get a statement this time again. I did sent a payment of 50 due on 7/12/08 again ahead of time, with those 29.00 charges from past month which we discussed was paid by phone.
                    I didnt call them to take it off because something needs to be done about it.

I am disheartened by all this - unfortunately we need banks but if you dont watch it carefully they scam you. Had this with the BofA, but they rectified everything and I did get a check back from them - but again it is still a mistake bythe clerk at the window.
                    I learned how to really check everything with banking as its not as it used to be.
                    Please, hire some people who do it right and dont charge customers extra when they make the mistakes.
                    Sincerely,
                    Inez Jonathans
                    [protected]@aol.com

Chase Bank — worst bank on earth

The chase bank took over for washington mutual not too long ago. Last month I realized I had forgotten to...

Chase Bank Debitinsufficient funds fee

This happened to me several times. I often use my debit card for transactions, like buying lunch or stuff. Problem arises when I have low balance, I first check the ATM and check my balance before I use the card. having checked the balance, I used my card for another transaction. Now problem arises when previous debit card transactions do not reflect in several days, and when they reflect, my balance become negative and I get charged for insufficient fund. The thing I don't like is that the balance shown in the ATM does not reflect the "current" balance. There are still some pending transactions and for whatever reason, they don't get reflected quickly. My other debit card is like real time. Whenever I use it, it quickly reflects in the balance on the ATM.

Chase Bank — scam charges

Chase took over Wamu and my credit card balance. With WAMU I signed up for a payment reminder so I would not...

Chase Home Finance — forced foreclosure

In October of 2005, my father who refinanced with Chase Home Finance, passed away. Unfortunately he passed...

JPMorgan Chase — home foreclosure with lien filed by cach, llc. this year.

I am in the midst of a foreclosure with J.P. Morgan Chase Bank, NA. on a home I own is Cincinnati and noticed...

Milan

Chase Bankawful bank

I had been a customer for 12 years without a late payment. I didn't receive a bill last month and was popped for a $40 service charge and interest on a card I had paid in full for 12 years - no late payments. I called customer service and was told that neither the first person I spoke with nor the supervisor could waive the late fee - supervisor even hung up on me when I asked him to repeat that he did not have the authority. Was told it was "policy". Went to a branch and they said if I had another account they would try to help but without another account there was nothing they could do. This is the way they choose to do business I choose not to do business with them - a pity after 12 years. I guess they get enough of the taxpayers money they just don't care to keep customers who pay the bills...

• Me
                        Melissa Apr 15, 2009

When I left went to move from chicago to Virginia I closed my Chase account. I had no fees owed and no outstanding checks. TWO ENTIRE WEEKS LATER they reopened my account to pay an comcast bill which was autodebited but should not have been, as I had moved AND canceled my account with Comcast. Then after paying comcast out of my closed account they proceeded to charge me a daily fee for being negative... Well I got to where I am and was using another bank account I have in NY to live off of, when I tried to open a bank account in VA months later I was told that I owe Chase 2000 dollars, as they have been charging my re-opened account 5 dollars a day. WOW. Talk about sucking!

• Li
                        Lidna Luttrell Aug 07, 2009

Yep! They're not the only ones to do that. Capital One tried the same thing to me. $15-dollar "late fee" for a paid off card. They'd posted my final payment FIVE days before it was due. There was no interest due them.
                        Each month, they would send me a bill. Each month I sent it back to them unopened. To do this: Write "REFUSED" on the unopened/offensive thing & place it back in your mailbox. They will get tired of paying double postage on that bill and they will also get the message that you have no intention of paying it. They will not sue you...it is not worth the lawyer and court fees. More importantly, you are in the right. Four months later, they stopped billing me. A year later, they sent me offers stating they "wanted me back." Those were "REFUSED" as well,

• El
                        elhil Aug 17, 2009

Ohhhh chase will sue you trust me. I went through it for a 2000.00 balance. They will and you wont win if you do what genius before me is advising you to do. But hey hurt your credit and get your wages garnished or what ever :)

• Cu
                        cutenaga Sep 08, 2009

I have been a Chase Bank customer for 20+ years, from NBD to Bank One, and that freaking Chase Bank bought them out. I never had any issues until this past week when they sent me letters to close all of my accounts: checking, savings, credit card, IRA, and investment accounts without any logical reason/explanation.
                        They only said "We have the rights to close your accounts without a reason".

What a freaking idiot!!!
                        You guys need to file a class action lawsuit, and I will be the 1st one to sign it.

Hell with stupi & idiotic Chase!

madasbleep Sep 08, 2009

I just spoke to a Chase rep. and she talked over me the whole time treating me like an idiot. I was calling to dispute a charge on my account and she was trying to tell me that I had not read the fine print...which I had. She told me to call back when I had more info and they might take the charges off if I could PROVE I had canceled the order. Another problem I have had with Chase is that after always paying on time and alot more than the minumum payment due, they lowered my credit line, almost to the balance on the card and raised my APR to 19.24%. I have a beacon score at almost 800 and have never been late on anything, neadless to say I will not be using my card again even when I get it paid off.

• Za
                        Zach Van Draden Oct 06, 2009

Greetings,

I have a little different story to tell about Chase Bank as someone who has been banking there for just about 4 years. Chase purchased Bank One where my accounts were located and I decided to leave my banking with them, now I had horrible service from Bank ONE, I had a supreme dislike for that operation and had been investigating other Banks to transfer to when Chase took over. Since day one of Chase Bank's ownership there has not been one problem that I can recall, I am very pleased to say that Chase has a perfect record with me. I recommend them to everyone, but I will say this about banking with ANY financial institution in 2009; do not live beyond your ability to pay cash, OR at least be able to pay off your revolving charge cards each billing cycle. Whenever a balance is carried, then added to for months and years heartache is bound to occur in that Bank to customer relationship sooner rather than later, first people resent paying interest on their debt's, 2nd they do not like repaying their debts especially if they are having difficulty staying current because fees, and penalties add up rather quickly, it really does pay to wait and pay cash for what you "THINK" you need.

Lower your risk for dissatisfaction that is what I was taught... The world looks better that way..

• Fe
                        fed up with chase banks Oct 04, 2010

I bougth my 1997 geo Metro from bank one years ago i was getting ready to sale my car when I lost the title the dnv told me i would have to go down to chase and have sign lein release form, now mind you the car was paid off over ten years ago chase took over for bank one i went there and they said they would not sign a lein release till they checked in to see if i owed them any money could not find any thing on the car and they still will not sign, so again i went to the dnv and told them they said it would take around two months but they said they would notify chase ask them why they cannot help people with this problem i wish somebody would close chase down

JPMorgan Chaseeorbitant overdraft f

I never was behind paying my bills, but I had to go onto Social Security Disability a few years ago, and that is the only income I have. I got a checking account at one major bank, and a year ago I switchd to Chase. In one year I have paid about $3000 on overdraft fees and though I tried to discus this issue with them several times, they have been cold and heartless. Obviously, when I have to pay these fees, I can't pay my bills, and I am more behind than ever.
                      Even if I am overdrawn by $5.00, I get charged $35.
                      I really hate the whole banking system, but I have no choice but to have an account. Though my story is not unusual, I feel like we are all victims, and I resent that they are "bailed out" but they won't give their clients one break.

• De
                          Denise May 19, 2009

OMG i am having similar problems with Chase!!! My ex husband and I had a joint account, I thought my name was off. I opened my own acct at wamu which is now chase. ITs been 2 years. Well he overdrew his account and racked up Overdraft charges... not my problem right? well I noticed yesterday that my account was $500 negative??? I just got my check how could this be? Well they decided to take over $750 out of my checking to cover my ex's account... but it didn't cover his overdraft completley... he is still in the hole for $100 MEANWHILE... all my stuff came in (gas, food, atm, ) and they charged me $33 in overdraft FOR EVERYTHING that came in... which totals over $300 in overdraft charges... I tried to call customer service... but they refuse any assistance. My Ex is an honorable guy (thank God) he promised to pay me my $750 but what about the $300 in overdraft that Chase MADE me accrue? All they did was make my account in the negative and they racked up massive overdraft fees. I don't understand the reasoning for this. They made my account negative for no reason, it didn't make my ex's account square. I am going to call corporate but I seriously doubt they will help at all. And as soon as both accounts are in the Plus.. my ex promised to take my name off (chase said he has to close the account compeltely to get my name off) and I am changing to a credit union where chase will never get my money again... I hope Obama makes them pay for how they treat customers while they steal our money and take bailout money... jerks!

• La
                          lazulite May 28, 2009

It's every person's responsibility to keep track of what they spend in there checking account. Your given a transaction register to keep a running balance in to that you know how much you have to spend. If you get a joint account with someone you have just as much right to the money in the account as they do, and just as much responsibility for any overdrafts. If you read the discloser booklet you come across something called "right of offset." This basically means that if an account goes negative the bank has the right to transfer as much money out of any other account the account holders may have in order to make that account negative. This prevents the bank from losing money on someone who has a positive balance in one account and spends it before fixing the negative on another. I recommend asking a teller for a list of all your accounts. There are also email alerts, text message alerts, mobile, telephone and online banking to help you balance your checkbook.

Basically don't spend money you don't have, and be pro-active on checking all your accounts.

• Jn
                          Jnewton Jun 06, 2009

I feel bad for your situation, but lazulite is basically correct.

Also, nearly every bank has a similar overdraft policy.

But Chase has gone a step further.

They've taken over our WaMu account, and we received a letter last week saying that they will now start charging a monthly fee (since our balance is below their enormous required minimum - well, enormous to my family).

Of course, we decided to cancel our account and switch to one of the many other banks that offer free checking (we've already opened that new account and are very happy with it).

But Chase had a plan for that also. Apparently a lot of people had the same plan - - so Chase will now penalize customers who try to close their accounts by taking a sizable percentage of the balance if you try to close your account.

Chaselate fee fraud & otrageous apr increase

I had a credit card with Washington Mutual for over a year and a half. When WaMu went south, I took my money out of the bank and opened up an account with Wells Fargo. I kept the credit card, which was taken over by CHASE. Well, I had not missed a payment in over a year and a half. The payment date was changed and because I pay bills online, I happened to miss the payment date by five days. When I looked at the bill I decided to call CHASE. I explained that as a loyal customer to WaMu, I was not currently working could they waive the late fee of $39.99 off of my bill.

Long and short. I talked to four different customer service reps. Each one was a supervisor of the last one I spoke to. I explained my situation and that I had never been late, could they waive the fee. Each time I was told that the Terms of their Agreement are clearly stated and they do not under any circumstance waive fees. At this point I am steaming mad. I then look down at my statement and see that my APR went from 14% to ARE YOU READY FOR THIS - 29.99%!!! Are you f-in kidding me?

I then remembered that the nice gentleman at the bank just last week said I was approved for any credit card transfer for a 0% fee for six months!! So, I proceeded to let them know that "when I hang up this phone, I am driving down to my bank and giving my bank my business, because what you are doing is a FLEECING of AMERICA! This is a LATE TRAP! Told them I work in the media and I was going to take part with the rest of American's to boycott and tell the world that CHASE is a FRAUD! I'm making every effort to make my payment on time and the ONE time I am late because of confusion on my payment date - THEY RIP ME OFF!

Went to my bank where the nice representative Lana helped me to transfer my balance to a card at my bank. It took me all of 20 minutes to hang up my phone, get in my car and drive to my branch...smiling the whole way.

Then as I come out of the gym, I see a guy holding a sign at the Corner of Topanga/Ventura that says something like this "CHASE doesn’t keep promises" with a website...

• Ry
                            Ryno Apr 28, 2009

The same thing happened to me. When I called I couldn't even get a supervisor to talk to me on the phone. So I did the same thing. I transferred my balance to another card with a promotional 0% APR. Then after it went through, Chase had the nerve to send me an e-mail saying I could transfer the balance back for 0%. I had 3 cards with Chase I am going to cancel all of them.

• Cr
                            CR805 May 02, 2009

Samething happened to me. Chase credit card customer reps are rude and useless. Unfortunately I can't close my accounts with them because I am in the middle of a mortgage loan process. But when that is all said and done, I will definitely be closing my accounts. I'm sure this is happening to alot of people. This can't be right. Someone should open a Civil Lawsuit against them.

• Jm
                            jmt007 May 16, 2009

They are all the same. I am having the same problem with Target National Bank/Target Visa, will not give exact due date, say it fluctuates, then one time I paid it electronically and the date changed by one day and then they threw a 39.00 late fee on. I called and they said they would remove it one time and to pay my regular payment, which I did, but they never removed it and so they threw another late fee on the next month on the late fee they never removed. Currently, even though I have only had one payment late, by one day and was told they would remove the late charge, they are showing I have a balance due of $175, all late fees on top of late fees, no payments late or due. They are nothing but a bunch of immoral, unethical, sociopaths who would sell their soul to the devil for a dollar bill. No hope for any of them. Best thing to do is pay all your credit cards off and don't take out anymore, EVER. Also, would not hurt to sue the crap of them in the meantime. These people and their companies are trash, absolulte trash. I have two business degrees, my bachelors is from a Christian University, I would not work for one of these crooked companies for a million dollars an hour, I truely do not know how they sleep at night, ###.

• N5
                            n5oqmoses May 18, 2009

Listen to this folks:
                            I am not only pay chase card payment early but I paid extra for each payments, in another words, I have credits with chase credit card. On March 2009, chase mailed me a check $379 dollars for over patment which I normally payment them $500 dollars each time for later use. Because they my payment back, on April 2009, I had late fee charge for $15 dollars. I called telephone center spoke to account supervisor to reversal the late fee, and she said "NO". I told her "Chase doen need me anymore, $15 dollars is nothing. I had a bank account with WAMU with $95, 000 deposits which now is CHASE. I went to CHASE bank close my bank account. I called tem to close my credit card and send the credit balance back. "Goodbye to CHASE" I will not to have business with you any more. In fact, I had mortgate with CHASE and I paid it off 15 years ago. I have been with Chase 25 years, till this happened.
                            "CHASE management team is very short-sighted, eventually will drive this company to drain"

a.nonymous Jun 22, 2009

Target Visa added late fees on top of late fees resulting in overlimit fees on top of overlimit fees when they knew I was unemployed with no means whatsoever of making payment.

I told them I have charged-off their account and will not pay them, I've written them of as a non-payable debt and they will never be paid.

Thay tried next to file suit but could never locate me, as I was not legally required to identify myself, I simply said I was not the person they were seeking, they went away indicating "incorrect address".

Case was dimissed with prejudice due to unserved status on complaint.

Dumb jerks. I recommend everyone refuse to pay them, not much they can do.

Also after this hassle, never, NEVER use your real SSN# on credit applications. Make one up. As long as the name and address is correct it's legal as you are not stealing someone's indentity. There are duplicate SSN#s in existance, therefore making one up is fine. This can help protect you from the crooked credit card companies later, as an example, they can not find where you work if they do not have you real SSN # because you are legally ONLY required to use your real SSN # for bank accounts, employment and govenment taxes.

You are NOT required to use your real SSN # for credit applications and after the abuse by Target, I will never use the real SSN# again for a credit card. I recommend everyone do the same. Turn the SSN # into something useless for the credit card companies.

UnderEmployed