Chase Auto Finance / claiming money owed after car turned in

This company is filled with ignorant and basically unethical people!!! My lease was up in January of 2007. I called the End of Term Dept and asked if I could drop off my car at the local Chrysler dealer up the road. Gentleman told me yes and said I had until 1/18/2007. In March of 2007 a man came knocking on my door to "repo" my car. I told the man, (whose card I still have!), my lease was over in January and I turned my car in as directed. He also told me he hated working for Chase because apparently this happens often!!! I directed the man on where I dropped my car off and he told me if there were any problems he would call, not hearing from him I "assumed" they cleared up their mistake. Then some time after that I received a letter stating I owed Chase Auto $1735.00 for my REPO'd car!! (UNBELIEVABLE!!) I called them up and spoke with one of there reps and explained everything, told him I have the odometer slip with the date I turned in the car. Told me to fax it, so I did. Received another letter... called again spoke with another rep, she told me to fax it, so I faxed it again. Today I received another letter that "THERE PRIOR CORRESPONDENCE HAS BEEN IGNORED"... are these people that IGNORANT or just STUPID!!!

So, I called again and explained to a very rude man, (who probably thought since I was a woman he could just "OVER" talk me), that I've spoke with several of their representatives and I will not pay money I don't owe and if they want to take me to court go right ahead I have all there names I spoke with... and the fact the car dealership I leased my new car from will also validate all my dates... As you can imagine I made sure the Finance company for my new car isn't with them!!! And the fact when I turned in the car 12,000 miles under our agreement I think they owe me money!!!!

A  24th of Sep, 2008 by
i agree completely with you. I have a loan from Chase also. I got behind in my payment, 30 days. They told me that the only thing that I could do was to give them my account information from my checking account and they would not pick up my car. My mother sent in that same day, one of my payment s through money gram. I owed one more payment. they debited my account for two more payments. I was told to fax them statements and copies from the money gram, and I did, i got the run around from all sorts of people, and to this day have not received back one single penny.

Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank Logo Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank