Chase / sold mortgage

1 AZ, United States

On Sept 16 I received a letter dated Sept 13 telling me that my mortgage would no longer be handled by Chase Home Finance as of Sept 30. Starting on Oct. 1, it would be IBM Lender Business Process Services, Inc. I called Chase but they were unable to answer why this was happening. I finally reached a person at something called "The Specialty Group" who I was told was handling my situation. She was less than helpful and when I asked to speak to a supervisor, she said "they don't know either." She would not transfer me to anyone. Does anyone know why Chase is selling off mortgages? I had to declare bankruptcy two years ago due to the financial crisis. I applied for a loan modification and have been in that process since May 2009. My original mortgage payment was $1910.10 per month. My loan modification payment was $1860 per month--- a whole $50 difference. Anyway, I have only been late once. I have lived in this house for 20 years and don't want to lose it. I am worried that IBM is some sort of hatchet outfit that Chase dumped all its "high risk" loans on. Does anyone know anything about IBM Lender? The name of it even sounds scary!