Charter Communications / service outages
My family has had charter communications as an internet service provider for over 4 1/2 years now. Ever since spring of 2008, we have had daily service outages.
We pay $60.00 a month for service we do not receive.
Tech support is a total nightmare! Charter outsources their technical support to a foreign country where none of the "technicians" speak nor understand the english language.
Tech support refuses to tell you when you call that the outage is charter's problem. They tried to make me uninstall hardware from my computer. When I continually refused, they finally told me that charter had the outage and that my computer was not the problem. These clowns were trying to get me to uninstall hardware and reinstall it for absolutely no reason at all! The outage was in their lousy system!
They also can never find my account when I call because I had a phone number change and charter billing is unable to keep accurate, up-to-date records. I have been told repeatedly that I have no account. Yet they manage to get the damn bill to me each month! Whenever I ask to speak to a supervisor, they refuse. They tell me they cannot transfer me to a supervisor unless they can look up my account. Last night, they asked me for my social security number. What sane person is going to give some foreigner their social security number?!! I refused this as well.
We are now changing to another internet service provider. Charter is the worst company I have had to deal with in recent years, and charter will never get my business ever again!!
More Charter Communications Complaints & Reviews
- Charter Communications - hard core porn shows on tv 
- Charter Communications - being charged for returned equipment & the worst customer service/follow thru 
- Charter Communications - internet service outages 
- Charter Communications - numerous problems with charter communications 
- Charter Communications - fraud and cheating! 
- Charter Communications - charter contract buyout
- Charter Communications - wireless internet
- Charter Communications - internet, phone, and tv. deception and price hiking
- Charter Communications - the service I received about my account
- Charter Communications - charter/spectrum complaints