Complaints & Reviews

it's hell trying to work

I have internet and telephone service with Time-Warner maintaining the cable. Last week, the phone and internet quit working. That is, it works sometimes if you're lucky. I called Time-Warner from a payphone (Friday) and they said that they would have someone come out and fix it Tuesday. Sure enough, someone did come out, but he said the problem had to do with some equipment on the telephone pole. He said that someone else would be coming out (Tuesday, that same day). When they didn't arrive, I called Time-Warner. They said that no one would be coming out Tuesday, but would come out Wednesday. I called Wednesday and asked if I would need to be at home and they said no. When no one showed up by late Wednesday afternoon ( I knew this because the phone line was dead), I called back. They said that no one would be coming out Wednesday, but would be coming out Thursday. I left and when I got back home that evening, a note was on the door that said that they had indeed came out (at 6:26pm) and to call a number to reschedule another appointment. If I had known that they were coming, I would have made sure I was at home. So early tomorrow (Thursday, 10-05-06) I will call them again. It's hell trying to work from your house when the phone and internet works only part of the time. It may be off for hours or all day. There's no way to tell. We'll see if they come out tomorrow.

Company details: Time-Warner, Shreveport, LA

• Valerie Jan 03, 2007

On 10/30, I had a scheduled appt with Time Warner for installation of internet and cable tv. The installers arrived 2 hours past the appt time.

They did work in my bedroom and after they left, I discovered my watch was missing from my table and they were the only people in my apt so it's safe to say they stole it. I filed a police report and called Time Warner to file a complaint. I was told they would process the complaint and follow up with me shortly. Over a month later, I still did not get any follow up from them. Instead, I had to continually call them and each time with extraordinary wait times. During one attempt, I was on hold for 62 mins before someone picked up and it was immediately disconnected. After several attempts, I finally got a representative on 12/20 and was told he would expedite my request and would get a follow up from the field office. Now it's 1/2 and still no one at Time Warner has followed up with me. I just tried calling again and was on hold 40 mins before I gave up. I am extremely dissatisfied with Time Warner's handling of customer service. They plainly just don't acknowledge their customers or their concerns. I was also told that it takes 2 to 3 months to get a name of the installers that were in my apartment and walked off with my $5,000 Rolex watch. It concerns me that Time Warner would just send unknown contractors into people's homes and take no action in addressing problems like theft. I am completely frustrated with this company and still waiting for some kind of resolution or acknowledgment of my complaint.

John Wunderlich Dec 27, 2007

Today I learned I would no longer be able to connect to the server that has provided me email service and that I would not receive the email sent to me today or in the future on that server. Since I pay in advance and am dependent upon my email being delivered, I will no longer trust this company with my email under any circumstances. I cancelled my service immediately after being informed by technical support that there is no solution to my problem. Word to the wise, learn from the mistakes and bad experiences of others. And there will not be anoher bad experience that will place the blame on me. It will remain, shame on you Time Warner.

rude customer service

Time warner cable was scheduled to make a service call for which i paid $30 to move a cable box and exchange a regular cable box for a high defination one. first appointment was scheduled for Friday July 14th 6pm - 9pm the cable man came at 7:30 in the morning and gave a cable box...came at the wrong time...since my room mate didnt know the details he simply acepted the box. i called them and they said they would send someone on Saturday between 12pm 6pm no one showed. i called them several times and they said they would look into this and call back. no one did. i basically ruined my fri night and most of my saturday simply waiting for them they did not even call saying they would make it. time warner cable does not seem to value the customers time. one supervisor i spoke to was the rudest rep ever. her name Fathima and extension 1111 from the new york office. now i have had to reschedule for Friday 21st of July.

• Br
    Brett10016 Aug 15, 2018

Incompetent
    Rude
    Poor service-multiple service disruptions
    Overpriced

Anne85 Oct 22, 2018

Until May I pad $53 per month, it was an offer. I transferred the service because I moved. Lady on the phone" your bill will not get higher, everything will remain the same". June bill: $63. July bill: $73.

No one can help me. I have spent several hours in the support chat but the don't understand or come with excuses.

• Bj
    Bjorgen Eatinger Apr 03, 2019

This company provides my Internet service in my home, and it is terribly slow all that time. I cannot get any support from them. They are an awful company. I would like them to come out and figure out what is causing this issue. They also need to provide an easy way to contact them on their website.

worst cable service provider

Worst customer service I have ever had to deal with. Appointments scheduled where never scheduled, and...

billing nightmare

I've been in conversation with Charter Communications for the past three months, attempting to fix my...