Complaints & Reviews

Charter Communications - Asheville, NCthey really need to improve their service

The problem started last week. I have high speed internet and a dedicated ip address. I called them twice last week and was on the phone for what seemed like hours. After the first call, in which they made me go through all sorts of troubleshooting on my end, they finally sent a tech out. He said the problem was in the outside line and he would be back to fix it. He never showed. When I called back they made me go through the entire thing again which involved unplugging my modem etc etc etc. They said they would send someone out again. They showed up, and it worked for half a day. I called again yesterday and was on the phone again for close to an hour. So far no one has shown up or called. I am supposed to be on a four hour service plan. They really need to improve their service.

• Valerie Dec 27, 2006

I had charter for telephone service and cable service for 5 months. During those five months my phone would drop calls constantly.

At first it was just a few calls then it got worse. I would call Charter service and make an appointment and wait all day for them to get there. They were good about getting there at least the day they said they would. The service tech’s were nice enough and citreous. The first one checked what he could, scratched his head and said everything was fine and if I had any more problems to call. The phone problem got worse and I called again. The second guy was really nice and at least tried to do something. He turned up the power on the modem they installed and of course said if you have any more problems, call.

The phone and the Internet got really BAD everyday at 4:30 PM the Internet was so slow you could not send an e-mail with out the Internet dropping out. If you made a phone call or someone would call me same thing would happen, the call would be dropped. This would go on till 8 to 8:30 PM then it was an "if'e" thing at best. The Internet would work long enough to check emails and maybe send one or two.

I finally got the service manager to come out an check it him self. He did nothing except say, “Please give me 5 day’s to get it fixed, we grew to fast around here and our system can’t handle everything”.

After 3 weeks of the same thing I finally got tired of the situation and called Bell South. They came when they said they would and changed the phone over. It was about 4:45 PM when they did it so it was a great time for the test. First thing I tried was Internet; it was like having FAST Internet service, wonderful! I have not had a problem since then with the phone or the Internet and will be talking to Bell South about fast Internet.

I am in the hills of NC around Asheville so this is just in my area. Charter may work where you are. Good Luck!

• Al
      Albert Mar 30, 2009

Charter is the worst ISP company I have ever come across. Their customer service is pathetic.

Charter communicationscharter failed to show up at the agreed upon date to pick up the equipment

Below is an e-mail I sent to Charter.

Now I am a little upset! I received a call today regarding the equipment charge that is past due and if it wasn't paid immediately my service would be disconnected.

If you read the following e-mail conversation you will find that Charter failed to show up at the agreed upon date to pick up the equipment. I was home the entire day of 7/27/06. The time I was given was between 1pm and 5pm. Today when I asked where I could ship the modem back I was asked if I had a FedEx label. When I responded NO I was told it would be 7 days until I would get the label (How ridiculous!). My question is why wasn't I asked if I needed a FedEx label on 7/26/06 when I called to have the Internet service disconnected? Instead I was told either I could drive 60 miles to return the modem or stay home from work and wait for someone (never to show up) to come and pick the modem up.

Maybe Charter should get their act together before telling people that they will have their service disconnected if the bill isn't paid immediately! Maybe Charter should pay me for the day I stayed home from work waiting for someone to show who never did!

All I can say is that I better be credited the $33.00 I paid today the day Charter receives the returned modem from me. If it isn't I will be canceling all my Charter services. I think Direct TV or Dish Network would be happy to have my business.

*** E-mail to Charter***

--Original Message--

Date: 7/28/2006 9:54:21 PM
    To: info.cc
    Subject: Bill / Other

Subject: Bill / Other

Hello-

I had an appoinment yesterday to have my leased modem picked up between 1pm and 5pm. No one ever showed up to pick up the modem. I noticed today that there is a $33.00 unreturned modem charge on my bill. I don't understand why I am getting charged for a modem that Charter failed to pick-up on the agreed upon date. I was home all day yesterday and I didn't even receive a call from anyone at Charter.

I need to get this modem returned and I would like the $33.00 charge removed from my statement. Is it possible to ship the modem back instead of setting up an appointment or driving 60 miles to return it?

brate higs Nov 21, 2006

I would like to formally complain about Charter Communications. I wonder if their CEO Paul Allenhas a clue as to their POOR customer service. I was a longtime customer of Charter until a few years ago when I was really treated poorly by their customer servicewhen I called with questions about my bill. I switched to Direct TV where they actually listen and don't put you on hold forever, or have "online help" that is essentially no help at all because you can't find the silly e-mail address to contact. I hadthought about perhaps going back to Charter but had the opportunity to witness a woman at a hair salon today who had tried SEVEN times to schedule a repair appointment. She had arranged for people to be at her home so the "cable guy" could get in. And for the SEVENTH time they didn't show. When she called to complain, Charter put her on "hold" for at least 30 minutes and even at that never came back to the phone. After witnessing that interaction I will stick with Direct TV. I wonder how long Charter can stay in business with service like that. Fortunately for us consumers, other businesses are coming into areas whereCharter was once all alone, and we now have options to get away from the poor service they provide.

Bryan White Dec 09, 2006

Dec 9, 2006

First let me express in words by how very disappointed I am with Charter Communications. I have been deprive of internet service for over a week.

I started having trouble with my high speed internet on Nov 30, 2006, I called technical support and worked with them on the problem, they analyze that the problem was with the line and they would send out a technician for Dec. the 4th.
        The technician made the appointment and tested the line okay. The problem seem to be worst, so I took my computer to a repair shop which cost me $75.00, they stated the computer was in great working condition... I then went to Comp USA and purchase a new wireless router, at $ 139.00. That didn’t fix the problem either.

At that point I called Charter Communication and they talked me into Digital TV service and to increase my service from 3 Mag to 5 Mag internet service. The appointment was set up for the serviceman to install the digital equipment on Dec 8; I stayed home all day and never did receive a call from the installation department. I also called technical support about my high speed internet once again, and again they analyze a bad line, and said they would dispatch a repairman for Dec 9. Which I am now waiting on.

I once again called Charter Communications and talked to a lady named Casey - ID # 32321, she pulled up the work order, the work order stated the no technician needed to trip the resident because the customer has the equipment, just how in the hell did I get the equipment, what really is angering is I stayed home all day long and still not a thing is fixed.

What should I do about the installer and my digital equipment for my TV service?
        What in the hell would you do? I’ll really contemplating changing over to AT&T.

Bryan White
        616 Temple Hall hwy
        Granbury, Texas 76049
        [protected]

Time Warner Cablevisionit's hell trying to work

I have internet and telephone service with Time-Warner maintaining the cable. Last week, the phone and internet quit working. That is, it works sometimes if you're lucky. I called Time-Warner from a payphone (Friday) and they said that they would have someone come out and fix it Tuesday. Sure enough, someone did come out, but he said the problem had to do with some equipment on the telephone pole. He said that someone else would be coming out (Tuesday, that same day). When they didn't arrive, I called Time-Warner. They said that no one would be coming out Tuesday, but would come out Wednesday. I called Wednesday and asked if I would need to be at home and they said no. When no one showed up by late Wednesday afternoon ( I knew this because the phone line was dead), I called back. They said that no one would be coming out Wednesday, but would be coming out Thursday. I left and when I got back home that evening, a note was on the door that said that they had indeed came out (at 6:26pm) and to call a number to reschedule another appointment. If I had known that they were coming, I would have made sure I was at home. So early tomorrow (Thursday, 10-05-06) I will call them again. It's hell trying to work from your house when the phone and internet works only part of the time. It may be off for hours or all day. There's no way to tell. We'll see if they come out tomorrow.

Company details: Time-Warner, Shreveport, LA

• Valerie Jan 03, 2007

On 10/30, I had a scheduled appt with Time Warner for installation of internet and cable tv. The installers arrived 2 hours past the appt time.

They did work in my bedroom and after they left, I discovered my watch was missing from my table and they were the only people in my apt so it's safe to say they stole it. I filed a police report and called Time Warner to file a complaint. I was told they would process the complaint and follow up with me shortly. Over a month later, I still did not get any follow up from them. Instead, I had to continually call them and each time with extraordinary wait times. During one attempt, I was on hold for 62 mins before someone picked up and it was immediately disconnected. After several attempts, I finally got a representative on 12/20 and was told he would expedite my request and would get a follow up from the field office. Now it's 1/2 and still no one at Time Warner has followed up with me. I just tried calling again and was on hold 40 mins before I gave up. I am extremely dissatisfied with Time Warner's handling of customer service. They plainly just don't acknowledge their customers or their concerns. I was also told that it takes 2 to 3 months to get a name of the installers that were in my apartment and walked off with my $5,000 Rolex watch. It concerns me that Time Warner would just send unknown contractors into people's homes and take no action in addressing problems like theft. I am completely frustrated with this company and still waiting for some kind of resolution or acknowledgment of my complaint.

John Wunderlich Dec 27, 2007

Today I learned I would no longer be able to connect to the server that has provided me email service and that I would not receive the email sent to me today or in the future on that server. Since I pay in advance and am dependent upon my email being delivered, I will no longer trust this company with my email under any circumstances. I cancelled my service immediately after being informed by technical support that there is no solution to my problem. Word to the wise, learn from the mistakes and bad experiences of others. And there will not be anoher bad experience that will place the blame on me. It will remain, shame on you Time Warner.

Time Warner Cable - New York Cityrude customer service

Time warner cable was scheduled to make a service call for which i paid $30 to move a cable box and exchange a regular cable box for a high defination one. first appointment was scheduled for Friday July 14th 6pm - 9pm the cable man came at 7:30 in the morning and gave a cable box...came at the wrong time...since my room mate didnt know the details he simply acepted the box. i called them and they said they would send someone on Saturday between 12pm 6pm no one showed. i called them several times and they said they would look into this and call back. no one did. i basically ruined my fri night and most of my saturday simply waiting for them they did not even call saying they would make it. time warner cable does not seem to value the customers time. one supervisor i spoke to was the rudest rep ever. her name Fathima and extension 1111 from the new york office. now i have had to reschedule for Friday 21st of July.

Brett10016 Aug 15, 2018

Incompetent
            Rude
            Poor service-multiple service disruptions
            Overpriced

Anne85 Oct 22, 2018

Until May I pad $53 per month, it was an offer. I transferred the service because I moved. Lady on the phone" your bill will not get higher, everything will remain the same". June bill: $63. July bill: $73.

No one can help me. I have spent several hours in the support chat but the don't understand or come with excuses.

• Bj
            Bjorgen Eatinger Apr 03, 2019

This company provides my Internet service in my home, and it is terribly slow all that time. I cannot get any support from them. They are an awful company. I would like them to come out and figure out what is causing this issue. They also need to provide an easy way to contact them on their website.

Charter communications — worst cable service provider

Worst customer service I have ever had to deal with. Appointments scheduled where never scheduled, and...

Charter communications — billing nightmare

I've been in conversation with Charter Communications for the past three months, attempting to fix my...