[Resolved] Cell C / unauthorized debits to my account

In August I was contacted by Cell C and offered a contract where I would keep my same number. There was no explanation that I would have to contact my current service provider to cancel or pay up my current contract with them.

When I received the phone and sim card - I did not open the phone bust tried to use the sim card in my current phone. When I called to activate the sim card, it was explained to me that I will need to contact my current service provider to cancel or pay up the contract so that Cell C could take over the number.

I was not happy with this and asked them to cancel the arrangements and I would returned the phone and sim cards. The phone still not opened and still in the box.

Cell C is still trying to debit my account after the phone has been returned and the contract was never active. I have made two calls to them previously and each time I was advised that the contract has been cancelled and they will not longer debit my account. yet again they tried to debit my account now again.

I called last week to asked them to check. I get a call today and am advised eh contract is not cancelled and they did not received the phone. Yet when I called last week, I was till that according to the notes on system it should be cancelled which was what I was advised last month.

The escalations person this morning insisted that they cannot cancel the contract and she can only help me if I can provide her with the Waybill number from the courier which I did not have at the time.

I called the courier company and and managed to get my waybill number. When they looked into it, they could advise me that the phone was picked up on the 01/09/2017 and returned to Cell C on the 04/09/2014 and they could even see who send for it at Cell C.

Cell C, please cancel my the contract and remove any further debits to my account.

What frustrates me even further is the fact that you can never speak to the same person. Even the escalations person could not give me a direct number to call her back. To give her the waybill number I had to call customer care, get transferred about 3 times and each time repeating my story before someone finally said they would email the escalations agent and she would call me back. I am not sure if she received the email.

• Resolution statement

• Cell C Customer Care's Response, Nov 27, 2017

Dear Mr Jeram

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience.

Please forward your ID number + an alternative contact number to [protected]@cellc.co.za.

Our team will be calling you to assist.

^NT

• Cell C Customer Care's Response, Nov 28, 2017

Dear Mr Jeram

Thank you for providing us with your contact details.

We will be in touch shortly.

^NT