[Resolved] Cell C / refund delay

Buccleuch, South Africa Review updated:

On 06 January 2017 we made a payment to cell c in error, a call was made to cell advising of the error and a refund request was logged under reference# [protected] and we were advised it will take 7 working days for us to receive the money, the next day we realized cell c did not have our bank details as we were paying account cash we then made contact with cell advising of this, we were told an agent will contact my husband to update bank details on Monday 09-01-2017, no call was received on Monday and Tuesday, we again called cell c and was advised if the same thing, my husband called on Wednesday and was told same thing, seeing that time was passing, he then called and requested to speak to a manager who also said she will arrange for someone to call and update those bank details, this dragged until Friday 13-01-2017 when we eventually received that call and details were updated. We were advised the refund has been processed and we should have funds on account within 7 working days. 7 days went passed and still no funds in account. Yesterday both my husband and myself twitted to the Cell C support about this and someone called my husband yesterday to apologize and confirmed that payment has been made and will reflect within the next 7 working days, I also got a call this morning advising of the same thing. I explained to the consultant I spoke to that we can not accept that as this is the same thing we were told on 06-01-2017 and again on 13-01-2017 and still we have not received the refund. I was very clear to the consultant that we are not accepting their response as it is no different to what we have been told already and right now we can not afford to wait any longer, this was not money lying around, it was supposed to have been used on other things and till this day those things are still pending, I can not understand the level of incompetence received from cell c and I think they don't realize how much effect this has on us financially, to them we are just one of the many customers and that doesn't mean anything to them. I was promised a call back today by 10:00 to advise of the way forward and till now I am still waiting for that call.

• Resolution statement

• Cell C Customer Care's Response, Jan 26, 2017

Hi Gugu

We received your Facebook query regarding the same matter. As discussed yesterday your funds should be in your account within three working days as the refund as been processed and prioritized.

^MM

Gu
Jan 25, 2017

Comments

• Wa
      26th of Jan, 2017

In October 2015 i got a contract with Cell C and last year(2016) November on the 29th i paid a settlement fee to cancel the contract, however upon the cancellation i was not told there was a penalty fee to be charged for early cancellation of the contract, that amount of R754, 68c was then debited from my account on the 31st of December 2016 as a result a charge of R144 was added by my bank because i had insufficient funds in my account. I called to find out about the amount and a lady by the name of Nondumiso with ref no(7011101747, DATE:11/01/2017 at 15:38)she also told me about an amount of R900 that Cell C owes me, i called again on the 19th to find out how far they had escalated my query, only have to repeat myself more than twice and have the consultant tell me she has no idea what im talking about, she the gave me her name and ref(Boitumelo Kgokong-7011901876). i had to call again on the 25th after the money went off my account and i was given a new case number-1701250000544344 and i need assisance urgently as i have even sent through my bank statement and nothing has been done.
    my contact details are as follows:0760900308 my name is Wanda Mdekazi