[Resolved] Cell C / product and service, product is the lte router, sot around r 1999.00 and service at mall at the reds

I am CEO of a company called Acrobranch. I have been very happy with Cell C in my personal capacity since 2002 and decided to move all our branches from Vodacom to Cell C.
This all our managers have Cell C, Cat S 30 phones and we buy the 100 Gig Data bundle every 6 months per park, this we have been extremely supportive to Cell C, sadly we have not experienced the same from your store at Malls of the Reds.
I bought I brand new router there Saturday, and it was faulty so took it back Tuesday as it was in our Melrose park, so had to get in my diary to collect and take it to them. The managers attitude Cale V Rensburg was pathetic, I told him the lady manager is much more helpful as I frequented the shop a few times to buy the Data bundles. He made it clear she was just the assistant and he was the manager, I felt it should be the other way around with that attitude. Anyways the router was faulty and he informed me it would take 7 days. This is not acceptable, we are in a modern era where this is just not possible, is it? Our parks are all connected life to our booking system in Cape Town and our point of sales are life as well, does he expect me to close the park for a week?
I then bough another router from around the corner, they assured me if it is faulty they will swap it immediately. Sadly business lost for Cell C as he needs to process refunds now that apparently also takes 7 days?? I also believe these actions are breaking the consumer protection act as far as my knowledge stretches under 7 days they have to exchange with a new unit with as little inconvenience as possible if you can clearly see the thing has no scratch, has not been dropped and it is not the clients fault you sell faulty equipment, but I will email them also to check and state my problem with them as well.
Sadly I think even Government seem to be a bit more helpful than what I experienced on Tuesday, and maybe I could have been happy with most if the person had some decent attitude.
I have to add, I stopped counting how many times I have been to this store that they had no stock, fortunately as I kept on buying around the corner store for a R 1000 more per unit, but at least all their units seem to work, pity Cell C did not have any stock so I would not have had this bad experience to start of with. I will have to reevaluate our change to Cell C - Hoping and trusting this is not the norm ???

• Resolution statement

• Cell C Customer Care's Response, Mar 22, 2017

Hi Rallyman

We sincerely apologise for the unpleasant experience and we thank you for addressing the matter with us.

Please send us an email with your contact number to [protected]@cellc.co.za and our Escalations team will be in touch to address your concerns and remedy the situation.

^XD