Cell C / illegal disconnection, appalling customer service

1 Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa, South Africa

Cell C did not send me any invoice since Dec 2018 and I have received your phone call today asking me if i am aware that i am in arrears, I then said i have made payment in Dec for R1260, which i have sent you proof of payment from Investec directly.

In addition, I further paid another R1260 today and send you the proof of payment from Investec Online banking as well.

However, to my surprise, my fibre line got disconnected because of arrears.

Attached is the proof of payment of R1260 that I paid today at below of which was sent to you before 3pm today.

I will go to consumer act board to complaint about you since you failed to send me any invoice by email since December, you also failed to send payment reminder before disconnection.

With your phone call today, you did not mention that if you do not receive my proof of payment by this time, you will disconnect me.

What you have done is absolutely illegal.

Cell C really got management issues in their billing department, especially [protected]@cellc.co.za - who failed to upload my proof of payment and disconnected our fiber without any written or verbal notice in advance;

SWnenhlanhla.[protected]@cellc.co.za who is in the fiber call center just hang up on me when I was trying to re send the proof of payment. And she never call me back!!!

I have been receiving invoice and communication from Cell C from Jan - Dec 2018.

But Cell C billing department changed my email to an incorrect one by December 2018 so I do not receive my invoice and end up being treated like this today.

I will take this up with legal route until Cell C formally apologies and compensate for my time and mental suffering to resolve everything.

[protected]@cellc.co.za has a good professional manner and she has been helping us, if everyone in Cell C has a good work ethic like she does, we will not be in this situation from the beginning!

I have received an email from Funiwe Hinstho who says she has followed up calls last afternoon after disconnection, of which is a lie.

I have attached screen shot of my phone, there's no calls from her except the lady from Call center after 17h30 on 18 Feb 2019.

Then I been receiving 3 calls from Funiwe Hinstho now asking me if i am sorted, this follow up phone call just come 19 hours late and pretend as if she knows nothing about it.

This work ethic is ridiculous!

I will take this up with legal route until Cell C formally apologies and compensate for my time and mental suffering to resolve everything within today 15th Feb 2019.

Cell C