Having problems with A Matter of Fax?

105 Harrison Avenue
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Liar company

I had a terrible experience with A Matter of Fax and I need help to get my money back. These people are terrible, they scammed me and stole my money. I bought a printer from them and they charged me twice for shipping and when I tried to contact them they didn't reply. Two weeks later I received a notification that my order was cancelled. I tried to contact them again because I had a lot of questions. First of all I wanted to know what happened and why did they cancel my order and of course I was worried about my money. As I expected they simply ignored my refund request and did not reply. Then I send them another message and told that I was planning to report them but they did not care. What a terrible company, they are real cheaters!

Xerox Printer Cartridge Order

We placed an order with them via their Web site - for replacement Cartridges for a Zerox Copier - they said they were available and would ship in the next few days. Never received a shipment confirmation, started attempting to contact them. Never get through to anyone at any of their phone numbers and voice mails as they requested are never returned. Spent a good part of my day attempting to contact them with no response. After reading some of the feedback on this vendor it seems clear they are disreputable to say the least - to call this a business is sad as their business seems to be in ripping off people trying to purchase products.

Never received my printer

On May 17 I ordered a printer from A Matter of Fax and as of June 26th I still haven't received the printer. I have called several times requesting ETA and each time I was told a different lie. I was told once it was currently being shipped, it never came, I was told again it was shipped overnite, it never came. On June 26, 2012 I was told it was back ordered and it will be shipped in the next day or two. They also said that they would not charge my card until the printer was shipped, another lie, my card was charged on 06/14/2012 and as of 06/26/2012 I'm told it is back ordered.

As a printer repair company I have dealt with A Matter of Fax for many years and it was a reputable company. It seems that they were recently bought out by a large company and as with most large corporations who buy out reliable smaller companies they have destroyed a great model. In my 25 years in the industry I have seen where large corporations cannot secure clients due to their inept management teams and bad reputations for service so they buy reputable companies to secure new clients and change a successful model to their unsuccessful model and another great company goes down the tubes. Stay away from the "NEW A Matter of FAX", they will begin selling cheap products and offer the worst customer service.

Charge different amount than listed. Sells generic versions, not name brands, lists item as OEM.

They do not sell branded products. You will only receive a very cheap knock-off version, even though they list the name brand item in their catalog. Ordered a Samsung brand cartridge printer pack. They charged my credit card for an amount $20 higher than price listed. Have contacted them and called them 6 times and no response. When I finally received the item, it was a generic version, not the Samsung branded item they listed for sale. Over two weeks they would not respond to my calls or emails. Had to dispute the transaction and Visa reversed the charge.

chunkylover42! May 23, 2012

This was my experience as well. Advertised a brother toner cartridge as OEM, which I bought, but they then called me and said it was a generic cartridge "accidentally" advertised as OEM, and then they wanted to jack up the price $20 for an OEM cartridge. Stay away!!!

I made an online purchase if $3900 for a printer. THe printer nevere arrived adn I did not get a straight answer for a number fo weeks until they finally admitted it was backordered and did not know when it would come in. In the meantime they shippoed me a 6 ft. cable and used that as justification for charging my credit card over $3900 since they "partially" shipped my order. I am now trying to retun teh cable and that is its own nightmare. Do not deal with these people.

mark1jam Apr 11, 2012

Amatteroffax has got to be one of worst companies doing business online to this day. While they did fulfill on online order, it was returned under a 90 day warranty. They have the product for which I paid (based upon UPS tracking) and I can not get any information regarding the RMA. They do not respond to any contact made by a customer on their “Customer Relationship Management” site, and they do not answer the one phone number they publish as “sales.” This is the worst customer service company online. You can get whatever you want elsewhere, and to avoid headaches, do not use amatterofax.com!

• Ap
    apdxyk Jun 13, 2011

Have a similar experience. No replies. Promises to ship the right product - 2 months now. If you want your money back, have a lawyer do it in writing.

phileaux Jun 13, 2011

amatteroffax thru several telephone calls tried to get me to change my complaint, meaning, alter it like it never happened. I told them I couldn't do that and that stopped the phone calls. Not surprised that they continue to have customer service problems.

• Al
    Alex Hasker Feb 14, 2013

I in the same boat
    I've paid for an order 2 months ago and it still hasn't shown up, the tracking number was invalid, no-one has responded to my emails (I've emailed three different people)
    VERY VERY DODGY COMPANY

Poor Customer Service

• Sh
    Sherene Robinson Apr 06, 2012

Horrible company!!! DO NOT USE!!! FRAUD ALERT!!!

I looked online for a discontinued toner and found it at this company. I then phoned the company and was told they had it in stock. They charged my credit card $500 and then told me it would ship in a few days...a week has passed and I called today and they tell me it is on indefinite back order. They have my money, lied to me and now I can't get my money back!!! Stay away from this business unless you want to end up like me.

phileaux Apr 06, 2012

The company seems disorganized and confused most of the time and that's why they can't get orders processed correctly. My problems with them were due to an RMA they didn't know they received until I told them they had signed for it. They have competitors and it is suggested that you use them.

Product and shipping

I ordered an HP printer cartridge and wanted a genuine HP product. When it arrived, it turned out to be an off brand equivalent. Reviewing the website page from which I ordered, it pictured a genuine HP cartridge, but in fine print beneath, it indicated the product was not actually an HP, but a Premier brand equivalent. In a hurry to order, I did not notice this disclaimer, and while I suppose this is not illegal, it is not something any reputable merchant would do. Also, I selected free shipping, yet I was charged $17 plus to ship a 3"x2" box weighing well under a pound by UPS ground 3rd priority (which took 6 days to ship) and a total of 10 days to arrive after ordered. After calling to complain, I was given a refund for shipping, but I wonder how many people don't notice those extra shipping charges on their credit card bill. It was interesting to notice that none of the order confirmation emails and invoices that they provide list the charges for the order. As a result it is impossible to verify them. I will never order from this company again.

printer cartridge and drum look recyled

I ordered a new Brother drum and Brother cartridge on line from A Matter of Fax. When I opened the box of each, both Brother outer boxes were frayed, had been taped many times and had writing on them--they looked old. the instructions for the cartridges may not have been Brother instructions. the inside of the drum had ink in the sponge part that cushions the cartridge.

I called and they said I could refund. when I read the refund conditions, I wou ld have to pay my own postage, pay tax on the items, pay a $75.00 restocking fee...it would amoutn to 45% of what I paid.

so I am going to keep them and try them...I will never trust this company again.

• Valerie Nov 25, 2008

3 months ago I ordered a replacement lamp for my projector. I was told I would have it in 2 to 3 weeks, finally after a month it was shipped. When I tried to install the lamp, I found that they had shipped the wrong product. I sent it back to them using UPS, I had UPS email them the tracking number, and after 2 and a half weeks, I did not hear anything. When I emailed them they stated they needed a tracking number. If I cancel the order I have to pay a 17.5% restocking fee, and I don't even know if they have the correct lamp to ship me.

Rip off

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS COMPANY.

We ordered school supplies for my daughter moving off to college and paid amatteroffax.com over $400. We never received the order. Contacted their customer service and then they denied the order was ever placed AFTER I SENT PROOF THAT THEY WITHDREW FUNDS FROM MY CREDIT CARD.

WE ARE OUT $419 AND THEY WILL NOT DO A THING.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

phileaux May 20, 2010

They do not seemed to be concerned about customer service, or staying in business once they've gone through all of their first time customers.

Bad service

The Sony DVD player box arrived with a 1 inch diameter hole in it. Fortunately the unit was untouched and...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices