[Resolved] Cell Cfailure to honour advertised "black friday" cell phone deal

Hi
On the 23rd November I received an sms for a black friday deal (Samsung's A8 on a pinnacle top up contract 90min 90sms and 500mb data for R299. ) I contacted the call centre immediately to upgrade my existing contract. The operator informed me he had to check with his manager for stock and will call me back. I found this strange as i was calling on the Thursday straight after i received the sms relating to the offer so how could there not be stock. Anyway i waited but i did not receive a callback so i called back. I spoke to another operator -Adrian who told me very obligingly that I could have the deal (strange). I spent 30 minutes on the phone with her processing my upgrade. She informed me i would receive an sms the following day only as it was a black friday deal and that my phone would be delivered within 3 days . By monday the 26/11 no phone had arrived instead i received an sms saying i was due for an upgrade. Confused as i had already upgraded i called the upgrades department and was told there was no upgrade reflecting on their system for me. Eventually i spoke to Adrian who did the upgrade for me . She informed me that unfortunately they had no stock of the phone yet she did the upgrade. Annoyed, I asked to speak to the manager ...after explaining the ridiculousness that transpired the manager expressed her apologies and reassured me that she would contact other cell c outlets and get the phone i requested delivered to me at the same price. She promised to give me feedback by the end of the day . In true Cell c form no one called back. What i was most disappointed with is that Telkom had the same deal at 50 rand cheaper than cellc but because Ive been a loyal client of cell C for over 15 years i chose to stick with the provider. Because of Cell C operators' incompetency I lost out on the Telkom deal as well (as it was also a black friday deal). My contract ends in January- if I receive no feedback from cellc I will be terminating my contract and move to another provider as this kind of shoddy service is unacceptable.

• Resolution statement

Hi Thank you Cell C complaints board. My issue has been successfully resolved. Cell C contacted me -they offered me the black friday deal i initially requested and completed my upgrade . They further kept me informed of the progress of the upgrade and delivery of the phone. Many thanks Cell C. Avashnee

• Cell C Customer Care's Response, Nov 26, 2018

Dear Avashnee

Thank you for contacting Cell C.

We have received your query regarding an upgrade. We would like to apologize for the service you have experienced and we would like an opportunity to assist.

Please forward us your query to [protected]@cellc.co.za with the Cell C number in question and number we can reach you on so we can assist you

^NZ

• Updated by Avashnee, Nov 27, 2018

Thanks for prompt response. I have forwarded the details to the email address provided in your response. Awaiting a resolution.

Thanks

• Cell C Customer Care's Response, Nov 27, 2018

Noted.

Our team will be in touch.

^NZ