[Resolved] Cell C

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 by

cell phone contract - renege on contract by cell c

South Africa
cellc.co.za
In July 2016, I was looking for a new basic cell phone and contract for my daughter. She had a phone with Cell C, so I informed Cell C that the contract was finishing and we were cancelling the contract. I found another phone and was busy organising delivery etc. by courier and Cell C contacted me to say that they would better any deal or price but to please stay with them and they would deliver the phone immediately. The sales person from Cell C was Michaelen, (whom I have never been able to speak to since). Michaelen promised us R 100.00 airtime and 300MB data free every month for the same price as the other cell phone company (MTN) R 229.00 VAT inclusive. During the phone call I triple checked the price with Michaelen to ensure that the agreed amount was recorded at the time the contract was offered to me. Therefore, if they truly do record these things, this will be very clearly stated. So we accepted the deal and the phone was delivered. Since July 2016 we have NEVER been charged the agreed amount. It is always well over the capped agreed amount of R 229.00. I put a cap on to ensure that there were no bills over the agreed amount. I have phoned numerous times, as has my daughter, but nothing is done. I spoke to Fortunate, Mbali in Billing/Sales and even received case numbers, but the bills just keep creeping higher.
The following are the amounts that Cell C conveniently help themselves to from my account each month:
15 Aug 2016 - R 43.24 - (1st Month - few days billed)
15 Sept 2016 - R 399.93
15 Oct 2016 - R 308.86
15 Nov 2016 - R 288.99
15 Dec 2016 - R 163.86 - (after one of the complaints)
16 Jan 2017 - R 343.12
15 Feb 2017 - R 342.99
15 March 2017 - R 342.99
15 April 2017 - R 353.25
15 May 2017 - R 345.50
(I have not included the small amount for July 2016, as it was a very small part payment for a few days).
Thus over the last nine months, Cell C has stolen R 2 889.49 out of my bank account, whereas, the correct agreed sum is: R 2 016.00. That is Cell C have stolen R 873.43. Cell C have not kept their side of the contract. I want this money refunded to me, and Cell C will make sure that NOT ONE CENT MORE IS DEDUCTED THAN THE AGREED R 229.00 (INCLUDING VAT) PER MONTH.

Resolution statement

Cell C Customer Care's Response, Jun 20, 2017
Dear Ms. Karinsam

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you've experienced.

Please email us the number in question and your contact number to sm@cellc.co.za. We will look into the matter.

^SM
Cell C Customer Care's Response, Jun 22, 2017
Dear Ms Karinsam

We would really appreciate the opportunity to assist you. Please do not forget to forward us your contact details for the matter to be resolved.

Regards
^MM
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country South Africa Complaint category Mobile & Cell Phones

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree