Carnival Cruise Lines / greedy, horrible company
I spoke to a Guest Solutions Agent named Glenna at Carnival Cruise Lines, the greediest, most distasteful company I've ever dealt with, about canceling my cruise. I am a survivor of the downed flight number 1579 that crashed into the Hudson River in January of 09. When I spoke to the Agent, I advised her of this fact and that I had become very nervous about being on board the ship when only a week ago it had been stranded in the middle of the ocean for 3 days. I told her my story and stated that I really didn't feel comfortable sailing after this occurrence and she advised me that they could give me my money back but were going to keep $500 dollars as a penalty. I was shocked by this news and given the excuse that because I booked so early (almost a year ago) and got the best rate, there was a penalty for canceling. I thought it was incredulous that they have our money and have had it for almost a year and are refusing to give it back simply because I booked early. I tried to explain again my circumstances, she put me on hold ( 4 times total) for more than 5 minutes then came back to say they would not waive the penalty. She said she was talking to the supervisor above her and that was who was saying no. She said she would like to help but couldn't which was obviously a load of crap.
I got very angry as the hour progressed and our conversation deteriorated. Finally, I informed her that if she didn't give me all my money back I would call my lawyer, the same one who represented me with US Airways in the crash. I asked her for her name and job title as well as her supervisor and the CEO's name and address. My lawyer is calling them today. I find it unreasonable that after their own ship has been broken down for 2 weeks, they are unwilling to refund my money simply because they don't want to. It is ridiculous. Don't go on Carnival Cruise Lines.
More Carnival Cruise Lines Complaints & Reviews
- Carnival Cruise Lines - purchase jewelry through approved store 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - unhealthy air 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - terrible experience 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - fraud and cheating 
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise line - hell experience from cruise - on board crime 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - phone sales
- Carnival Cruise Lines - service in general
- Carnival Cruise line - no internet service on the ship victory
- Carnival Cruise Lines - choice of beer products (budweiser) 
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines - booking # 5pbh70 carnival cruise line trip long beach to ensenada mexico