Menu
Carnival Cruise Lines
reviews & complaints

Carnival Cruise Lines
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

1001 complaints
734 resolved 267 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Carnival Cruise Lines customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Carnival Cruise Lines. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
T
3:00 pm

Carnival Cruise Lines - Price changing on room

I have 2 rooms booked. One of the rooms should not reflect me but to make that change, it is a $170.00 increase. I have already paid for this room so I am not sure why I have to pay an increase just to put the correct people in the room. Both my daughters have VIFP numbers. I was told the rate I originally purchased the room at is no longer available. I purchased the room 4 hours ago! I asked to cancel the reservation and was told I would have to pay a penalty. I have already purchased this SAME cruise in a different room! I am double booked. WHY cant this be fixed?

Desired outcome: I want the correct people put in the correct rooms or I want to cancel my reservations without the penalties. I am trying to book a family vacation, I have 4 other families that have booked so that we can vacation as a family.

G
8:24 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The Carnival Ship Spirit sailed out of Miami, through the Panama Canal and into Seattle, arriving in Seattle May 3rd, then out of Seattle to Alaska. Carnival then knowingly and willingly let the ship Carnival Spirit sail with infected passengers and crew members and did nothing to notify the existing passengers or new boarding passengers of the Infection...

J
4:43 pm

Carnival Cruise Lines - Cruise May 3 2022 - Carnival Spirit

Carnival knowingly and willingly let the ship Carnival Spirit Sail with Infected Passengers and Crew Members and did nothing to notify Existing Passengers or New Boarding Passengers of the Infection.

Resulting in many passengers and additional crew getting Sick.

Carnival Cruise Lines is currently being investigated by the CDC over, knowingly, allowing an infected ship to continue sailing, without informing their passengers of the infected status of the ship. My family was on that ship and now 3 of the 4 of us (myself included) have contracted the Covid-19 Virus. We obtained Negative Tests before sailing and symptoms started Two to Three days before sailing ended.

We immediately got tested the day we disembarked and those 3 tests came back Positive. We feel wronged by Carnival Cruise Lines for allowing this to happen, especially considering that they tried to keep it quiet, knowing they had Sick Crew Members onboard and that they allowed people who sailed on the previous infected cruise to re-cruise.

We believe we should have been informed, of the infected status of the ship, and given the choice of a Refund or at the least Cruise Credits for a future sailing. Now we believe we are entitled to much more.

We only know this because we spoke to a woman who sailed out of Florida and through the Panama Canal to Seattle, WA. She told us how her Husband had gotten Covid while on the ship, but they still allowed her to re-cruise {but not him}. My family should not be suffering like this. I am 39, and my in-laws are both over 70, and all are having a rough go.

We feel wronged by Carnival and believe them to have been negligent regarding the health and safety of their passengers and crew.

Desired outcome: Compensation for our suffering due to carnival's negligence

W
11:15 am

Carnival Cruise Lines - Very bad cruise experience

I took a cruise on the Carnival legend on april 3,2022. Very bad experience.

I had to call security 2 times on this issue — nothing done. Reservation number v42sz5. Notified guest services onboard of the issue, nothing done. After returning, I tried to call carnival cruise line guest services but they were not taking calls. I submitted a request for a refund under the 110% cruise guarantee. No response. I notified uplift of the issue) the company that financed the cruise — nothing done

Desired outcome: a complete refund

9:25 pm

Carnival Cruise Lines - Insurance & penalty dispute

I was told by Kaleb Flowers that if I wasn’t for sure that my 23 year old daughter wasn’t able to commit to her reservation that if I get insurance that will cover her in order to get a 100% refunded. I asked him if it would be a problem if someone else to go in her spot? He stated not at all. After 16 times trying to reach him & left over a dozen of messages, I still haven’t got it resolved with him. So I reached out to 5 other agents, & 4 of them are explaining to me that I have to pay a penalty which was never explained on the recorded conversation upon giving him my full method of payment that evening. Now I’m losing out & feel extremely misled of the entire upcoming cruise . All I wanted is to put my aunts name in the replacement of my daughters name. Had I known I could’ve made other decisions to travel elsewhere. I’m stuck & it’s not fair 😡

Carnival Cruise Lines - trip of 7 days in the west Caribbean

mostly the pool where dirty by the biggening of the day. The entertainment was very bad. the emergency drill didn't work at all. there was no staff in the point of meeting (I was section A6). Friday evening, I notice a rash over my belly, and I called medical services in 1845 no one answer the phone #. by calling guess services they transfer me to the emergency line and try to charge me $180 for an afterhours visit or emergency. a rash is not an emergency so I planned to treat next day. by the time I had the Doctor Appt was Tuesday. I had my wound spread all over my belly, arm and legs with blisters very painful and burning. also, I returned from the cruise with a frequent cough and runny nose, sore throat. The Dr mention I have Staph infection Wich is usually acquired by hot tub.

This condition has led to permanent damage and life-treating consequences. I definitely agree to acquire on Thursday the sea day and notice the rash on Friday (another sea day).

I' m currently in treatment fighting with this infection. otherwise, I will publish all this information in the social media and news to open the eye of people, so at this point the cruises get to gain $ back.

Desired outcome: I am claiming my trip expenses refund for this disgusting experience and my medical bill paid.

11:14 am

Carnival Cruise Lines - Wont honor my rate code

I was trying to change my rate code The first lady I spoke with said she couldn’t help me at all and transferred me to another lady who I had to email 4 different screenshots of the code and my VIFP number and name to, then put me on hold for 45 mins just to come back and tell me the new rate code, I was trying to switch too was a glitch and she couldn’t help me so she transferred me to another person who I also had to email multiple things to and was an the phone for another hour with said the same thing. In the end I got no help and wasted over 2 hours talking and emailing for nothing! I’m just very dissatisfied!

Desired outcome: Honor the rate code I was offered

4:15 pm

Carnival Cruise Lines - 5 Day cruise changed to 4 / Comp never received

Dear Carnival

I am writing to you regarding a cruise that I recently returned. Our cruise was scheduled for 5 days and was shortened to 4 days. We were told we would receive a comp for the day but it never happened. Booking # S09GQ6 and T52NG4.

We all are Carnival shareholders and I understand we need to make a profit. However, this was the worst cruise I have ever been on. My concerns are I have 38 people scheduled for a Carnival Breeze Cruise leaving Galveston October 2, 2022.

The cruise ship arrived late and for embarkation we were told to show up sometime between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. We arrived at 3:10 and we had to wait 3 ½ hours in the hot sun since you didn’t allow any times to be scheduled. Once on board we went to the Kiosk machine and of course it would let you use a credit card to put money on your account. Also the internet never worked the entire cruise. Because your systems had internet issues, I couldn’t book the Cheers package as I always do. I was charged the new May 1st rate instead of the reduced rate of $51. I went to your customer service desk 3 times and waited over 90 minutes each time with no resolution. I was told to go up the bar since they handle the Cheers package. After paying full price for the Cheers package I was charged for drinks I didn’t order.

You list your Carnival Values as, Ensure safe, responsible and secure operations, warmly welcome our guests and team members to our home, making them feel a part of the Carnival family, embrace our diversity and be inclusive, show trust, care and respect for each other, our ships and the environment, anticipate needs, respond rapidly & own issues until they are resolved” As a guest on this ship, I did not feel these values.

I would appreciate us being compensated for all the issue we incurred on this cruise. I am not asking for my money back, credit to book another cruise would greatly be appreciated. I truly believe and trust as a Carnival shareholder we will receive some type of resolution.

Carnival Shareholder #9010860399 #0130964851

Desired outcome: Cruise Credit

C
12:06 pm
Carnival Cruise Lines has left an official reply on this complaint.

Carnival Cruise Lines - I'm complaining about my recent trip on the Breeze ship Booking # P17RCO

The first thing our cruise was cut short we were to leave on April 30, 2022 at 4pm and we didn't leave until Sunday at 7:20pm, everyone was instructed to arrive between 3 to 5 pm it was a crazy mad house I can't even begin to describe no one new were to go the employees couldn't even help it was a mob of people. Everyone was getting very frustrated it was hot, humid, tempers were starting to get rise I was getting a little scared. We finally got on the ship the crew members were very pleasant trying there best to help everyone get settled in. My family went to dinner that 6:00 dinning the staff was great, but he food was cold and tasted terrible, I felt well its the first night things will get better, nope just worse. We were instructed we need to down load the app on our cell phones this was new to us, my couldn't down load this right then it took some time, my 2 sisters phone never could down load this app. , the question why do I have to have a certain phone to please Carnival Cruise Line not everyone has a cell phone, no paper menus in the restaurant. And once again the food was terrible the steaks were full of Grissel not a one person at the table was happy with her food. The water that was put on our table tasted like swimming pool water. We left the dining and went to a supposably show that's not entertainment the singing was terrible people were snickering at the people trying to sing. The next morning we found some breakfast to eat well once again we got some fake eggs, fake sausage, steal toast, very little fresh fruit at this point I'm ready to go back home. We tried going to the pools and each one was so over crowed it wasn't safe then for lunch a sandwich was this even real lunch meat I asked to attendant. When we reached Cozumel Mexico I wanted to run from the ship to find a restaurant to get a descent meal. When we returned from the island we got ready for dinner only to be disappointed with food we ordered again only to send it back the food was awful. I have sailed with Carnival serval times in the past this was the worst experience ever I was never so board on a cruise and starved on a cruise before. I could go on and on about the cruise but I will stop I want to forget this night mare.

Desired outcome: I would like to be refund the full amount for myself Cheryl Potter, Kris Jones, and Gail Lucas we took this cruise to make a sister's cruise full of happy memories only to be very disappointed.

M
10:35 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was injured going from Lido Deck pool to my seat. Floor was so hot and I was walking quickly and soon as I hit top of stairs I fell and injured my knee which after going to my doctor at home had it x-rayed and looked at. I have water on knee now and still wrapped up. This was on Tuesday and 3/29 and I did nothing rest of the time on ship. I was brought to...

10:22 am

Carnival Cruise Lines - Refunds

Due to the ongoing Covid mess my husband and I filed forms to receive refunds on 4 cruises. So far we have gotten nothing it’s been over three months now I still am paying a loan associated with one of the cruises I really would like to get my money back. I don’t know who to contact about this I have called in and they just say well you have to wait there’s a long line. I need to get paid it’s a lot of money of mine. Are they going to keep it? Am I ever going to get my refund? I haven’t heard anything from them about it at all.

Desired outcome: My money returned

2 comments
W
May 13, 2022 11:21 am

same issue

A
4:07 pm

Carnival Cruise Lines - Amenities/Paid Excursions/Exempt Cruisers

I sailed on the Carnival Breeze, it was suppose to be a 5 day cruise, from April 30th to May 5th, Carnival changed it to a 4 day cruise, sailing from May 1, to May 5, 2022. I have not been refunded for the day Carnival took away. I was only refunded the port fees of $17. I purchased a Carnival excursion for $100. The excursion was suppose to last from 9am to 5pm. Carnival said there was a delay and change the time from 9am to 11am. Carnival transported me to the beach the excursion was on, we arrived at Noon and Carnival transported us back to the port at 2:50. I only attended 2 hours and 45 minutes at the excursion. I am unvaccinated and exempt. Carnival said for safety precautions I would have to take a covid test upon entering the ship and back from Mexico, which would be a charge of $150. I was only tested getting on to the ship. I was not tested coming back from Mexico. I would like half of my money back for the covid test being carnival lied and put everyone at risk. I was not testing coming back. I would like half being they did test me getting onto the ship, but not returning. They say they follow CDC guidelines and that is a lie.

Desired outcome: My money back.

T
6:37 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi, I booked a cruise with Carnival (as I’ve done several times in the past) for the Carnival Elation - 5-day sailing on 12/21/2020 (F*****). It was to be a family trip for the Christmas season; however, it was cancelled due to the pandemic. When we contacted our vacation planner – Christina Mabaquiao - immediately after the cancellation about refunding the...

A
10:19 am

Carnival Cruise Lines - A penalty fee

Hi my name is Richard Beers. VIFP#9002760582

I had a cruise booked for June 24, 2022 for three days. Booking number was R65RWO. It was just for myself. On Jan.21,2022 I called to change the date and add my wife. So I called and booked a new cruise with the same booking number on Apr. 4, 2022 for May 6, 2022 for 3 days and was told I would owe $376.83. I agreed and assumed they were going to bill my credit card as always.

We had a family emergency and I called to change the date of the May 6, 2022 cruise for later in the future or a credit. The lady I spoke with was Susan Standish

and she told me the cruise was cancelled due to non-payment. She said they tried to reach me for payment but was unsuccessful. I didn't receive any phone messages or text. In fact they were sending me emails regarding the cruise all along, nothing about it being cancelled. She told me to send a email explaining the details so that I can receive the $300.00 penalty they charged me. All we want to do is book another cruise. It wasn't our fault that it wasn't paid.

If you go back and look at all of our cruises you will see that it always goes on our Mastercard on file. We have always paid as promised. Please advise.

Sincerely,

Rick Beers

919-634-0071

Direct Management

Your Property Management Connection

Desired outcome: Refund or credit for another cruise

2:30 pm
Carnival Cruise Lines has left an official reply on this complaint.

Carnival Cruise Lines - Taking my money and not giving me the excursion I've paid for

My wife and I are celebrating our 40th anniversary and decided to take a Carnival Cruise to Alaska on May 10, 2022. We bought a shore excursion for $285.98 and the Value Internet Plan for $81.60 - total $367.58. My payments include $200 on board credit, $119.18 in gift cards, and $48.40 credit card. The payment was made online and received an error after clicking the "submit payment". The error negatively affected me. It drained my gift cards ($119.18), reduced my on-board credit by $81.60, charged my credit card $48.40. I did get a email saying I received my Value Internet plan, but not my excursion! I've spent hours on the phone with Carnival without any resolution. On 4/28, I spent 4.5 hours on the phone with them. They said they would have it resolved on Friday, 4/29. It wasn't. Call them back and spent another 4 hours on the phone. They said they would have it fixed on Monday, 5/2. It wasn't again. I want my shore excursion that I've paid for.

Desired outcome: A confirmation that we have the shore excursion we've paid for.

Update by KevinF1427
May 04, 2022 9:03 am

I was notified that a comment was added to my complaint, however I don't see it. Still not resolved.

M
9:17 pm

Carnival Cruise Lines - Cruise booking

I made a reservation for August 2020 departing from San Juan, Puerto Rico paying $200 dollars in deposit for me and my husband. Covid hit and everything was canceled. Carnival offered us a credit to use in the future and so we hope to use it in a future cruising. I made a new booking before March 31st 2022 departing from Florida at the Carnival Mardi Grass leaving 06/25/22 #V66LQ9. I had $600 in credit offered by Carnival and $200 more towards a new booking for going to a Marriot Timeshare presentation. It was applied to the booking with no problem. We were happy and were expecting to make final payment to depart from Florida.

The payment was due on march and I never received a reminder for due payment or notice of cancellation from Carnival. I found out because I went online to verify my reservation on the Carnival website and make a payment I couldn't find it. When I called to ask what happened I was told it was canceled that full payment was never received that I had lost all the cruise credits and that they were going to try to re-book it. They had me waiting on the phone for more than 45 minutes and all the sudden the line got disconnected, when I called back it said Carnival offices were closed for the day. They only sent me an email to make final payment the same day. I did not do because I was not explained the new cruise rate. Next day I received a notification by email requesting payment for this booking two times. I guess this time I have to pay more and since no credit were given Carnival remember to send a notification.

I called the day after to follow up and was told they can only give me a new cruise rate with no credits that I lost all of them and that if I wanted more help, I needed to talk to the resolution center. I agreed and said OK transfer me to the resolution center. After and hour on the phone waiting the person talking to me told me that she was reading the notes that she will get back to me, all the sudden all I hear is the that I got disconnected one more time. I did not get to hear from the resolution center nor called me back to ask me if the matter was solved.

I called again on 05/02/22 to try to finally re-book a future cruise making use of my $300 deposit and I was told that they could not do anything with the booking that will have to transfer me to someone else. I explained that I have not solved the issue because every time I have tried to do so someone hung up on me and did not consult me or explained the procedure to get my deposit back or use on a future cruise.

JUST BE AWARE IF YOU BOOK A NEW RESERVATION THEY WILL HAVE SOMEONE TO HELP YOU INMEDIATELY BUT ONCE YOU HAVE MAKE THE RESERVATION AND YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING ELSE THEY WILL HAVE YOU HOLDING IN LINE FOR LONGER PERIODS AND/OR NOT HELP YOU AT ALL.

IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO TALK TO SOMEONE, THEY WILL HAVE YOU WAITING MORE TIME AND DISCONNECT PHONE CALL WITH NO REGRETS LEAVING YOU WITH AN ISSUE NOT SOLVED.

IF YOU HAVE ANY BOOKING WITH CREDITS BETTER MAKE THE FINAL PAYMENT ON TIME DON'T EXPECT ANY FUTURE NOTIFICATIONS THEY SIMPLY WON'T DO IT. BUT IF YOU OWE THEM MONEY WITH NO CREDITS EXPECT NOTIFICATIONS FOR SURE.

I AM NOT PLANNING TO CRUISE WITH CARNIVAL AGAIN. THANK YOU CARNIVAL!

Desired outcome: PLEASE REFUND AND WOULD LIKE AN APOLOGY FOR BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Update by Mrs. I
May 11, 2022 8:12 pm

I called today 05/11/2022 around 3:45pm in the afternoon and was left waiting in line while customer service representative read the notes on the same previous booking. I quickly explained to read the last notes since I was told to call back, and all the sudden all I hear is please complete this survey with a few questions asking if my problem was solved etc... Same thing they have done before as I commented above. Left me waiting and forced me to end the phone call with a recorded message. Thank you, Carnival, again!

As a Gold VIFP member I am really disappointed with the customer service you are currently providing and how disrespectful you are to your customers. I will definitely cruise in the near future but not with your company. I am looking forward to trying Royal Caribbean or Celebrity as previously suggested from many of my dear friends.

B
7:44 pm

Carnival Cruise Lines - norweigen cruise lines

I booked a cruise on Norweigen and due to misinformation I was not able to make the cruise. I cntacted customer resolutions and the agent who booked the cruise and flight to Barcelona Spain. I called agent named Latoya and left a message 10 days ago and have not heard from her or the resolution people who I also contacted on the same time, I have booked several cruises with your line but unless I get resolution on this issue I will never cruise with any lines owened by you.

Desired outcome: refund

Carnival Cruise Lines - Price Drop and was refused the price drop

I have three cruises coming up and have taken several and plan to take many more. I received an email saying check for reduced rates from Carnival.

So i got on the Carnival Site and saw that the exact same 7 day Cruise to Alaska from Seattle, WA on Spirit on May 2 - May 9, 2023 had dropped to $464. Our rate was $664, so i called Carnival Customer Service 5/1/2022 Called at 4:00 pm spoke with 1st rep. She kept putting us on hold, it was like she was trying to pass the time so 5:00 would get there. Finally like 15 minutes before 5 a lady named Kayla who said she was with Resolutions came on. She did absolutely nothing. I offered to email her the screen shots of of our info and the rate that was on the site for the same exact cruise we were taking, with a time stamp of 5/1/2022 at 4:27 pm. I saw it at earlier but I figured I better screen shot it. Thankfully I did. So, after they kept us on hold forever and came back on surprisingly, the prices changed before 5:00 according to the lady. She said if I can’t see it, I can’t change it. The lady we were talking to said she couldn’t see it either which is weird, how was I able to see it and screen shot it if it was not there at 4:27 pm on 5/1/2022? Then I called today 5/2/2022 9:38 am so far been on the phone for an hour and 25 minutes and I have gotten the same run around. Carnival knows this price yesterday was $464. They are sending me to Resolutions again. Which again was no help. All of my proof is below. I did not make this up. Prices were supposed to be good through yesterday 5/1/2022 and Carnival did not close until 5:00. I was on the phone with them from 4:00-5:00 and I snapped the screenshot at 4:27pm on 5/1/2022 and today 5/2/2022 from 9:38 am to 11:34 am with no help. If you need any further information, please contact me. 804-218-1126 or [email protected]

V68ML5, Room 6177 Victoria Clay & Vera Ellison and V68ML6,Room 6179 Paula Daniel & Victoria Simmons. I am very discouraged at this. All the cruises I have taken and all that I plan to take, if this is not fixed I will have to look into other options. I would greatly appreciate your help. I have always loved the Carnival Cruises and this is the first issue I have every had and I do not want this to ruin how I feel about your company. I understand you don't take screen shots but this is truly a picture from yesterday and it is date stamped as yesterday. But I am not lying. Your resolution team found it today and still refused to give it to me. Sincerely, Paula Daniel

Desired outcome: Receive the $200 credit for each of us (All 4)

Update by Paula Daniel
May 02, 2022 11:44 am

This is what was on the carnival site yester at 4:27pm 5/1/2022

2 comments
P

Carnival Cruise Lines - Refund

We were booked on carnival horizon for april 16 2022. Flights were all cancelled therefore could not get to cruise line called and was rebooked on same cruise same booking no ect for june 25 2022 refunded were the excurisons booked for the orginial cruise for 409,94 also refunded was the happy birthday stateroom decor which I ordered and pay for 53.70 what was not refunded were the transfers for total of 71.96 [35.98 and 34.98] I called many times with no results because most of the calls were disconnected. Not very good customer service this will be our 6 th cruise on carnival and if no refund or results this will be our final one on your cruise ships please check into this and email me with results and confirmation of refund in credit card booked for the cruise booking no is m65hp5 same no for orginial cruise departing april 16 2022 names arthur and paula massa my email is [email protected] global.net thank you

Desired outcome: i would like the refund owed

G
2:41 pm

Carnival Cruise Lines - missed days on cruise

I recently travelled on Carnival Pride Panama Canal April 2-10.

Unfortunately our plane was grounded in At;anta.

Was traveling with a tour group of 76 people "Go With Joe"

We didn't board the ship until it's first port of call, Limon Costa Rica on April 5 at 6:30 pm( after much uncertainty, effort, sleep deprivation sleeping in Orlando airport, numerous bus trips [ 1 traveling through the night] )

I am requesting compensation for the #+ days we missed on this cruise.

Would like a free cruise in 2024

Thank you for your consideration in this matter

Sincerely