Caribbean Airlines — baggage policy
I recently travelled from Jamaica to Toronto on Caribbean Airlines. After checking in and verifying carry-on luggage, I purchased liquor at the duty free store.
With this purchase, I now had one piece of carry-on, one small personal laptop case and the duty free liquor in its box.
On final check-in before boarding, I along with several other passengers, were informed that the duty free purchase constituted a piece of carry-on luggage and therefore we had to check the carry-on piece.
I, along with most of the affected passengers were surprised by this. I've never seen this rule being applied over the many that I have travelled by air on various airlines to and from various destinations.
I am certainly open to hearing how this makes sense.
More Caribbean Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Caribbean Airlines - wrong name on ticket
- Caribbean Airlines - terrible customer service at jfk counter 
- Caribbean Airlines - articles stolen from luggage 
- Caribbean Airlines - ruined my wedding 
- Caribbean Airlines - raw fish juice leaked on my luggage in cargo hold
- Caribbean Airlines - unauthorised credit card charge
- Caribbean Airlines - flight delayed 
- Caribbean Airlines - my money that was stolen out of my carry on bag
- Caribbean Airlines - flight bw 525 february 21, 2019
- Caribbean Airlines - misplaced luggage