Having problems with AirAsia?

AirAsia Customer Service Contacts

+60 160 085 8888 (Malaysia)
+1 844 727 4588 (United States)
+61 281 882 133 (Australia)
+64 98 876 920 (New Zealand)
+852 30 135 060 (Hong Kong)
+62 212 927 0999 (Indonesia)
+62 804 133 3333 (Indonesia)
+63 27 222 742 (Philippines)
+82 504 0920 0525 (South Korea)
+66 25 159 999 (Thailand)
LCC Terminal, Jalan KLIA S3, Southern Support Zone
Sepang
Malaysia - 560025

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with AirAsia Customer Service. Initial AirAsia complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for AirAsia above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about AirAsia. Discuss the issues you have had with AirAsia and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

AirasiaPending refund request

My name is Romulo Calica
BIG Member ID9999990015492209

I have to existing and ongoing refund requests that haven't been resolved as of this writing:

Booking # KVYRUF | Case Number: [protected]
Booking # F838UH | Case Number: [protected]
- filed on 4/8/2020. I've been following this up but no response received. I was told that the processing can take up to 16 weeks but it's been almost 9 months now and still haven't received the refund!

Booking # ETG4WY |
-This booking was cancelled by AirAsia due to Covid Restriction-related issue. I initially requested a "credit account" but it's taking so much time before it was resoled so I had to book to another airline instead. I requested this to have it refunded to my bank account now because I want my money back! I've been emailing your support team several times regarding refund request however, your support team closed the ticket: [protected]

Please give my money back!

AirasiaCancellation of Flight and Refund

I have received sms from you informing that the flight from Kolkata to Mumbai on 19th August 2020 booked by me vide booking no C8YD5R has been cancelled but no refund of full air ticket charge is credited to my account

regds

J Dutta
    [protected]

Jul 18, 2020

Airasia — Refund

Case number: [protected] • 28/02/2020 I booked my tickets for 16th of april 2020. However due to lock down...

Jul 05, 2020

Airasia — Full refund was promised as the call centre cancelled and was not intimated to the passenger

From: moutusi roy To: Nodal Officer Sent: Thursday, 2 July, 2020, 02:49:34 pm IST Subject: Re: [protected] -...

AirasiaCase is listed as closed but I have no credit or refund

I had to cancel my trip due to COVID situation. I filed my refund request in March. The only option when I filed my case was to request a credit account. I do not want a credit as I cannot predict when I will be able to travel to Malaysia. I want a refund. I have tried to use AVA several times, but keep getting the same canned responses. AVA is useless. The case is now listed as closed but I have no credit to my account or any indication of a refund being issued. When will I see my refund? Air Asia's customer service is the worst I have ever encountered. There is no way to email or phone them. I have commented on Facebook and got another canned response.

Jun 30, 2020

Airasia — Refund not received as promised

AirAsia by far the worst airline I've had to deal with regards to this covid-19 pandemic. Totally understand...

AirasiaWorst online service I have ever experienced!

With all the respect to the employees of the company, I am extremely disappointed with the absolute poor service provided. Due to the epidemics, our flight had to be canceled, and since FEBRUARY I haven't been able to get a refund. As I saw the impossibility to get a refund from this company, I have tried to put this amount as my credit account, however, due to a poor and slow service I also still haven't got that. There is no money on my credit account. This will never again be my option or recommendation to travel anywhere.

May 26, 2020

Airasia — Request for refunds related to covid 19

I am still waiting for two Refund Requests to be applied to my credit card and both requests are now more...

AirasiaRefund not received

My flight had been cancelled by air Asia due to COVID-19 Malaysia movement controlled (MCO) so I requested for the refund on 20 March 2020 to my original payment method which is CREDIT CARD cash refund but almost 2 months ( 14 May 2020 ) I still haven't received any refund or Gmail from air Asia. I only received a Gmail forced us to change to credit account but all I want for refund is cash refund, not credit account because I don't want to choose air Asia never ever again in my future flight!

AirasiaRefund in credit

Has anymore heard back from Air Asia when you filed a request fro refund in credit due to Covid-19 flight cancellation? I filed my request via AVA since March 27th, with several follow-ups, but nothing. I just realized they have shut down all support via telephone in all countries with the exception of India. What's going on?

This is getting frustrating since they will be opening up soon and we need to book our next flight.

Is the company still in operation? Or they don't want to let the people to use the credit first due to need of fresh cash.

Someone please help! Any central government agency you can raise this to? Thanks.

Airasianot responding about the refund

Due to covid19, they said they will do full refund to cancelled flights. This is why I filed cases in their website last Mar 13. But until now, no response from them even after multiple follow-ups in Twitter or emails. They even suggest to customers to convert tickets to credit account. I don't need credit account as the supposedly flight is a family trip to province during Holy Week and I paid for them. Because flights were cancelled, my family will not pay me anymore. If put in credit account, how am I supposed to use the Php 20k+ within 365 days when family can only travel during Holy Week? The amount I paid for the tickets is my 1 whole month salary. This is why I demand refund!

If you don't know how to answer to your customers, better close your company!

AirasiaTV13HF

I booked my tiket for 18th of april. However due to lock down situation i reqeusted to cancel by ticket.
                I was told that reqeust has been processed and credit will reflect in your account in 24 to 72 hours.
                However, credit is still not reflecting.
                I have already called to customer service regarding same thrice...this is very disappointing to see the kind of response we are getting..

Would reqeust you to look into this matter urgently and advice..

AirasiaI am trying to get cancellation of flight refund. I tried Chat AVA. 4 Numbers in google search not in service.

Booking Number TTWL3F from KL to Sibu on 26/3/2020 and Sibu to KL on 29/3/2020. Flight AK5879 checked baggage 15kg
                  Contact Number : 011 [protected] (Mr Tay Kin Sang) or 011 [protected] (Ms Chong Mui Lian)
                  I have provided particulars via CHAT AVA. However 3 attempts on the last information on email addressed was replied with email mismatched. I have tried goggle search for contact number s - 4 contacts to be exact. All number were responded with "Not in service"

Mar 21, 2020

Airasia — Giving wrong information

PNR : X1PVPP Hi, Due to the PARTIAL LOCKDOWN in Malaysia, my cousins on holidays now in Melbourne, want...

Mar 17, 2020

Airasia — Horrible Service in a time of Covid-19

TECHNICAL INFRACTION On flight TPE-CNX, ground staff insisted that I check-in slightly oversized luggage (by...

Mar 14, 2020

Airasia — Flight Booking Refund - AirAsia Customer Service Complaint

My AirAisa flight was cancelled due to the travel restriction imposed by the Philippine government for...

Air AsiaFull refund

My travel to Malaysia from May 23-June 03, 2020 was cancelled by my host due to Covid-19. I transacted immediately with Air Asia through AVA for a full refund because of virus issue, but instead of having a refund, I was told that my case is "closed" apparently for lacking necessary information. I have repeated the process for hours to no avail. This is my hard earned money so I hope you can help me.

Full refund

AirasiaRefund for korea covid19

Hi there I have a booking on 11mar2020 departing from KUL to Seoul has been rescheduled to 1april20 by AirAsia now corona virus in Seoul it's already level 3 alert and we are not advised to travel there I'm having infant, kid and senior citizen as well traveling AirAsia really will not look Into this matter and protect theirs passengers? Just because they don't want to loose money? I can't believe it not that we cancel but this is due to corona virus impacting the whole world it's either you survive or die matter please take in consideration

AirasiaRefund-Booking # Q3TTSG

Dear Madam/Sir,
                        I had made a booking for Hyderabad for travel on the 11th of Mar, 2020, . In view of the Corona Virus I wanted to cannel my existing booking and keep it open for booking of futre date . The call centre had standard reply informing that I should have done the cancellation 3 days prior to my date of travel and hence they will not give any refund. This is unethical on the part of the Airline as no message for such conditions were received by mail/SMS nor was anything prominently put up on your web site.

I am a Senior Citizen and cannot afford to undertake travelling during this corona Virus and nor can I afford to forgo the refund. I wish a more compassionate view is taken and refund effected.

I may mention that I got the full refund from Indigo for another booking

Regards
                        Swaminathan O P
                        A 1216, May Flower, Brigade Millennium,
                        J P Nagar, 7th Phase, Bangalore 560078
                        Mob: [protected]
                        E Mail: [protected]@gmail.com

Mar 06, 2020

Airasia — Air Asia booking

Dear Madam/Sir, I am Mr Kanthimathinathan Muthusamy . My date of birth is 12/05/1970 . email id ...