Having problems with JFK Airport?

JFK Airport Customer Service Contacts

+1 718 244 4444 (John F. Kennedy International)
+1 212 435 7000 (The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey)
Queens, New York

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with JFK Airport Customer Service. Initial JFK Airport complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for JFK Airport above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about JFK Airport. Discuss the issues you have had with JFK Airport and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

JFK Airport Complaints & Reviews

JFK AirportPCR Testing

JFK airport arbitrarily decides to inform flyers that the rapid testing won't be accepted but rather the PCR test. With time working against you or else miss your flight, one has no choice than to get tested at the airport. JFK is charging $399 for a PCR test. So paid $75 for a rapid test upon arriving, paid an additional $50 because the final destination country requires a test upon arrival, and then JFK charges $399. How do we justify this whopping prices during a pandemic?! Are airlines and airports forcing these prices on the people to recover their losses? This is wrong on so many levels. A third party must step in and get a hold of the NY/NJ agency that is exploiting the people trying to exercise caution, follow arbitrary rules, and get the economy running again.

JFK AirportEmployee Behavior/Customer Service

Today, on December 14, 2020, during a security check up at JFK Airport, me and my mother witnessed one of the employees had dropped a tray that contained my laptop which was unsecured. When my mother had seen the incident, she quickly asked if the employee had dropped it by accident, but the employee quickly grabbed a bag and fled from the check-up; she just simply walked away without responding to my mother. The incident was very disturbing to me and my mother especially since there was no apology given by any of the employees for the terrible responsibility and behavior. Fortunately for us, the laptop is still in good condition and there were no damages of a major extent. I do not ask for anything in return, but I would only like to acknowledge the disturbing behavior of the employees in this airport, and just the negative attitude towards the customers from employees like these.

Oct 22, 2020

John F. Kennedy International Airport / JFK Airport — My ticket to Thessaloniki cost me 3000 $

i.ve got a ticket from ASSAP Company from New York to Thessaloniki, on Swiss Airlines, the flight was through...

John F. Kennedy International Airport / JFK AirportStealing from luggage

My son flew on American Airlines to London. He is attending college in the UK and brought a lot of things needed for his room. I spent $300 to check extra bags so he could have this stuff! When checking in we told the woman that there was a speaker in one of his bags when she asked about batteries. When my son arrived to his room, most of his stuff was missing, including his speaker! All of his toiletries, his school supplies, his blankets, pans, silverware, plates, XBOX headset, cords to his XBOX and MacBook, an HDMI cable, his UK adapters, a phone we purchased in the UK last year when we visited, and his small bottle of Tide laundry detergent! This must have taken a significant amount of time to do. Please check your caneras and find these individuals so other people don't have to go through this.

John F. Kennedy International Airport / JFK AirportAbuse

Hi,

I'm writing you because it's been months since this event happened but I can't process it. On the 12th September 2019, I was so going back to France with my sister. Arrives at the security area, one of your security guard has to palpate me because something made rung the security gate. And your agent has touched for too long I was wearing a medium mean dress. I have been palpate many times in my life, from shows to events, but your agent has touched me for almost 1 to 2 min. Even my sister was shocked. I was 22 and I almost cries but I just continued my way to my terminal to catch my plane. It is unacceptable and I'm still haunted by this.

I just wanted you to know this because I know that I'm not the only one. I'm a woman and I know physical abuse.

Regards.

John F. Kennedy International Airport / JFK AirportBanning of England Flights:

Hi my name is Stephen and I just getting in touch with you to ask do you know how long it is going to be before flights are allowed back into JFK airport from England again?

The reason why I ask this, is because I had plans to visit New York in March 09th because I wanted to see what a great city New York is and my flight was cancelled, because of the corona virus.

I have pre planned my visit to new York for September 09th, I hope by then you would of eliminated the corona virus problem and then the restrictions of flights can be lifted.

Mar 04, 2020

John F. Kennedy International Airport / JFK Airport — Security

This evening I returned to New York(March 4th, JetBlue 882) after having a pleasant 5 day vacation in St...

John F. Kennedy International Airport / JFK Airportdamage of my baggage and lost items

Dears,

After I arrived at my home in Cairo coming from JFK airport on flight MS985 (Egypt Air ) on Monday, January 5, 2020 at exactly 12 o'clock in the afternoon, I was surprised that the bags are open and the locks are broken and are not present, and the zipper bag is cut and there are some things that are missing, many of which are not included but not limited to It is summarized in:
            • 4 X-large women's sweatshirts

Cell : +[protected]
            Cairo, Egypt

Jan 06, 2020

John F. Kennedy International Airport / JFK Airport — security/bag searches

Yesterday afternoon my fiancé and I were leaving New York to come home to Scotland and whilst going through...

John F. Kennedy International Airport / JFK Airportduty free

Hello

We flew home from JFK on Tuesday morning into London Heathrow on BA flight 0178

We visited duty free and purchased a tag watch, on arrival back to the UK, we got the watch out of the box only to find it does not work.. we have visited our local TAG store in Bristol, only to be told the battery has gone, they advised a tag battery should last upto 3 years, I appreciate not all watches are new stock.. but surely this should of been checked once purchased, the lady who sold us the watch, told us she put the correct time on the watch, but obviously failed to tell us it was working!

This is extremely annoying and frustrating as we purchased the watch for a Xmas present, and now we have had to send the watch off and won't be back till January...

I feel really disappointed with the service at your airport., and would like to hear your faults on thus

Julie knight
              [protected]@hotmail.com

Nov 29, 2019

John F. Kennedy International Airport / JFK Airport — “clear” stuff from terminal 4

So my mother came to visit me from japan, I only see her once every two years, she is 60's, she used to work...

Nov 20, 2019

John F. Kennedy International Airport / JFK Airport — rude security officers at terminal 4

I've been traveling for 30 years, I know many international airports, and I have never seen security officer...

John F. Kennedy International Airport / JFK Airportsecurity staff

I was travelling through JFK last week on my way home to the UK, and security staff confiscated an empty zippo lighter that I had no problem with on the other 6 flight during my whole trip to Mexico. I double checked online when I got home and read that I am entitled to carry one light in my carry on (which is where they found it). So there really was no need for it to be confiscated. The staff did not listen to me when I asked why it was being taken from me. They were rude and aggressive. Not only did it cost me about £30 but it had sentimental value and I was extremely disappointed to have had it taken from me. I would understand if I had made a mistake bringing it with me but I was fully allowed to be carrying it.

Nov 12, 2019

John F. Kennedy International Airport / JFK Airport — departures

Dear Sir / Madam, Through no choice of my own I arrive in Terminal 7 early with a 0725 boarding on the...

John F. Kennedy International Airport / JFK Airportagent after baggage claim exiting the airport from the international terminal

I was harassed while trying to exit the airport by a security agent. A Hispanic man. Who used Intimidation and threats even though I was doing nothing wrong, I was just trying to leave the airport after arriving from Hong Kong. I am a Us citizen and have global entry which I told him. But he told me that global entry was a priveledge and that he could take it away at any time. He asked if I had any food, I showed him what I had that was in a clear package and he still kept asking what is that, even though you could clearly see what it was. He then asked me what I did for work and when I told him that wasn't good enough. He kept pressing. He told me we were being video recorded to intimidate me when I wasn't doing anything wrong but getting frustrated by his treatment and unnecessary questions. He was on a power trip and made me cry.

John F. Kennedy International Airport / JFK Airportnon receipt of goods at airport gate even though i've paid for them!

have just arrived back to Edinburgh from a flight direct from JFK. Whilst waiting on my flight I purchased a bottle of vodka €22. I was told the bottle would be waiting at the gate. When I got to the gate my duty free bottle was not there. The air hostess call and was told the bottle would not come in time .

The transaction number on the receipt is [protected]

Date sold 21/10/19 at 19:43.

Cashier 8913

This was totally unacceptable I wish a full refund immediately. I can give you my bank details to reimburse.

Gillian Macdonald &Ross Macdonald

John F. Kennedy International Airport / JFK Airportmissing baggage

I have been trying to get informaation regarding my missing luggage from JFK airport to no avail. My claim number is JFKIG11282. The world tracer website states that delivery process initiated but have not heard a word about delivery of my luggage. I would appreciate any assistance in this matter as I have prescriptions in that luggage that I really need.

Flight info: Air Italy flight IG 602 to flight 901 on September 28, 2019.

Jane V Raitano
                      [protected]@yahoo.com

JFK Airportunethical behaviour of jfk airport employee

My sister and I got off a Turkish airline
                        at JFK on Sep 6 around 11:30pm
                        after going through the passport check we collected our luggage and wanted to get a cab or shuttle bus through airport take us to NY(EWR) for our next flight to Ottawa. we didn't want to take a cab from the steer at 2am .
                        at the taxi area a person with suit and walkie talkie said he will help us and he took us outside and told us to go with this person, he will take you to (EWR) . when we got there and its around 2am, the taxi driver asked us for 478 dollars and he wanted cash and had some explanation that why he doesn't take credit card and why it is so expensive, we were extremely tired and the same time we are thinking, we got this cab through the airport so he might be right.
                        he took us to a convenient store so we take money out from an ATM.
                        when we got in terminal A and looked at cab ride from JFK to EWR, we were stunt .
                        at that point we were not thinking about the money, we were so frightened that the an employee from the airport put us in danger . as for we know that driver could have been a killer, a rapist, God know what could have happened to us.
                        the airport has the responsibility to keep its customers safe, and our experience proves it otherwise. we need answers .
                        please reply
                        [protected]@hotmail.com

• Updated by palwasha · Oct 01, 2019

I need answer.

John F. Kennedy International Airport / JFK Airportmy luggage and how it was handled once it left check in

Good Afternoon,
                          Yesterday I was at JFK and left on flight VS154 @ 20:30pm. I checked my luggage in with no concerns. On arrival home back in Hampshire, I noticed my padlock was only on one or my zips. On opening my case, it was all a mess and not how I folded and packed it. I was then very shocked again to see that a salt scrub I had brought had been taken out of the two zipped food bags and two carrier bags I had packed it in, which was wrapped in a white t/shirt. I don't have an issue that this item needed to be checked, my issue is, that it was not put back how it was found, which has now gone on to leak all over multiple items of my clothing. As this is oil based scrubbed, these items are only now good enough for the bin, as you cannot get oil out. So I am very very angry, as 3 of the items have not even been worn yet.
                          The carrier bags I wrapped the jar in we're not even in my case either, so there was no attempt to wrap this back up.
                          I would like this issue investigated into please and a response ASAP as to how this will be dealt with.

My contact details are -

Michelle Young
                          17 Sidney Martin Road,
                          Bordon
                          GU35 0GF
                          [protected]
                          [protected]@pchagency.co.uk

I will look forward to a response.

Kind Regards

Michelle

John F. Kennedy International Airport / JFK Airportpassport control waiting time

On Wednesday september 18, 2019, I transited thru JFK Airport. I was coming from Frankfurt with flight DL107 landing at 12:45 in JFK. I was booked on Flight DL1048 to Charlotte leaving at 14:57 from JFK.
                            As I was flying in Business class, I arrived in the hall of passport control at about 1 PM.
                            From then on I stayed 3, 5 hours in queue as all the foreigners coming with my flight and many other people without any support, no water, no possibility to go to toilet
                            That is unacceptable also because in spite of the 60 boxes available for the policemen to control the passport only very few policemen were there. Moreover there isn't any preferred lane for the business flyovers most of the are flying for business with tough time schedule. Naturally I lost my connection and I had to make rebooking.
                            Alberto Bregante