Canadian Tire Gas Advantage Marstercard / very very poor customer service

1 Canada Review updated:

I am still trembling. Just off the phone with canadian tire financial fraud or abuse department I can't believe how rude that representative was! My card has been abused by bell, which is another company I would like to complain later, since I don't know when, I can trace down all the way to december 2007. There has been an mytery every single month. From december 2007 to may 2009, there are more than $700 change from bell which has nothing to do with me. Called bell and they said they didn't change to my account I have to speak with the credit card company. Here are my story with canadian tire financial customer service:

Despair I had to wait for more than 15 minutes before the first call was picked up, I got hung up right after it was transferred,. Dial the number again, another 15 minutes waiting, then the first representative wasn’t talking very nicely, but at least tolerable. Then the phone again had to be transferred to another representative of fraud or abuse department. Here the story really began. First she told me change the card number or even cancel the account won't help. Then, she blamed me not after bell but canadian tire finical. "it's bell change you and not us, why you're calling us. You should be after bell." "when did you talk to them?" "you should call them tomorrow" when I asked her why the transaction can't be stopped if I cancel my card. "no, if you cancel it today a new account will automatically create and all pre-authorized payment will still go through" "but I didn't pre-authorized them!" what a joke!!! You cannot stop the card once you are with them.
I applied their card to save gas bill. Guess what, I have about $700 non - mine transaction, from bell canada since december, 2007. I don't think I have save even half that much on gas at all. From now on I will stay with the big names. Bad customer service is canadian tire's tradition. It is everywhere within their cooperation, the store, the auto service, and now the credit card. I will never have anything to do with them ever again!!!

I hope I can still sleep without nightmares.

Lo

Comments

• Lo
      14th of May, 2009

Just to add some detail: When I ask the rude represatitive to give me her name, she didn't want to give me her full name. She said her name is "Sue". When I asked if it spell s-u-e, she hesitate for a second and then said yes. Then wehn I asked her last name she said for SECURITY reason she couldn't give me her last name but told me the initial is B. She was yawning over our conversation. I understand it was a night shift. And people gets tired at night. But I think at least she could say sorry or excuse me.

Anyway, my suggestion to all Canadian Tire Financial users is: Get out of their service before something happy to you, otherwise it would be too late.