Canadian Tire / very rude customer service

1 Canada Review updated:

Found the Canadian Tire customer service very very rude.I bought a faucet for my kitchen sink, but it was too big and i decided to return it. since i was working I was not able to return it before 5 days that I pursued it. After common customer service questions, the customer service rep opened the package to make sure everything is in package. Then she took the faucet out of package and banged it so hard on the table. By doing this few water drops came out, she got so mad and accused me of not being honest. She was going on and on about it that how home i am not telling the truth! I explained it politely and tried not to interfere with what she was doing. She kept checking the manual and readind it for few minutes. I was standing and waiting for my money to be returned with my receipt in my hand. After a few minutes she started again, by telling me that she has to check it again since company might not take it back and... so on. I said, i never seen such a customer service, people returning the broken stuff! She said, it's because u used it!!! And she called somebody else to come and finish the return (she just could not handle it with nooo reason) a gentleman came, and I asked for manager. He claimed to be a manager, however, he did not have any name tag or title!!! I explained the situation.He said that he will talk to lady(still no apology yet). At this time phone rang, the gentleman went to picked up the phone (while there was another lady in customer service who could have done it). He gave me my money back while still on the phone and I left. That's how you will be treated in Canadian Tire in the following address:

11388 STEVESTON HWY
SOUTH RICHMOND, BC
V7A 5J5
Phone: [protected]

You don't believe me go and see!!!

Po

Comments

• Wo
      7th of Jun, 2008

Well it says original condition on the back of your receipt and this is not as you used it so that is why you shouldnt have gotten your money, as for the weird behavior she was probably having a bad day.

• Te
      3rd of Aug, 2008

I agree, if you return something it helps to be completely honest. If they catch you in a lie they won't know what to believe and everything you say become suspicious. You have no idea how many people try and scam the custome rservice representatives on a daily basis. No one likes helping liers.

• Re
      30th of May, 2010

You can't expect to be able to return something you've already used. Would you want to by things that other customers have bought and used? Since you're paying full price... probably not. Canadian tire won't let you return things that they can't sell when you are the one who damaged the item. If they did, they would go out of business, since so many stupid people try to scam the sales reps, who by the way are making minimum wage, and can't really be expected to care if you made a mistake, and want you're money back.