Canada Post / returned package to sender

United States Review updated:
I was expecting a package to be sent to me via Canada Post Regular Parcel with a tracking number from Ontario to Calgary, AB and the expected arrival date was January 26. A few days after the 26th, I decided to check the progress with the package as it has obviously not arrived. On the website, the indication was that 'the package has been returned to the sender because the receipent was not located at the address'. Sure, I wasn't home on the 26th but I didn't even get a stupid notification/pick-up card from CP and I was supposed to if no one is home at the time. I immediately contacted CP expressing my frustration and requesting a send-back or a refund but they told me that they could not re-route the package back to Calgary and in order to request a refund, you have to call a damn 1-800 number. February 7th right now and still no sign of a Canada Post delivery truck at my door. Never again, Canada Post.

A  3rd of Apr, 2009 by
I paid for an EBay item on Mar 12/09. It was sent up by USPS International to Canada (which has been totally fine everytime).
Then it got to Canada, where Canada Post took over handling it.

I received an email notification the night before, that said that my package had arrived, and was being held at the "local post office" for me to go and pick up. I went to go pick up the item, only to find that it had been "returned to sender".

Only because it had no PO Box number on the ship to label.

I mean "really" - I reside in Fort Nelson BC with a population of just over 5400 which is a small town. So, I assumed "naturally" that the agents here would've at least took a little extra time and "care" to punch in the street address in their computers to look-up the PO. No go!

So now my item, that I have waited patiently for since the 12th, is being returned to the sender in California.

Canada Post is just LAZY and CORRUPT, and the agents that work here should've at least held the item until I could have identified the package, instead of simply shipping it back to the sender.

Some services in this country - REALLY SUCK!!!
A  28th of Aug, 2009 by
Same thing happened to me.. something I was waiting for was marked return to sender, I contacted them right away and even though the package was still nearby, could not be retrieved. Now it has to go all the way back and will need to ship it again at MY expense.. thanks Canada Post.. I will never give my business to Canada Post again.

Not to mention, out of the other packages sent, only the one with a Fragile sticker was seriously dented. Can't wait to see the condition of this package once it finally arrives.
N  19th of Jan, 2010 by
Call the local post office outler and see if your parcel is there... It's simple. Don't call customer service.

Canada Post Logo Canada Post