BP Canada / faulty shingles
IN 1998 we had our roof redone with shingles by BP Canada. The work was done by a licensed roofing contractor here in Connecticut. Twelve years later we noticed the shingles had begun to crack and peel. We spoke to the roofing contractor who installed the shingles. He said he had heard similar complaints from two other former customers who had shingles on their roof about as long as ours. They submitted complaints and were awarded prorated settlements.
BP denied our claim even though our shingles had the same kind of wear as the two customers who were awarded settlements.
We sent letters to Richard Blumenthal's office in Connecticut, and copied BP. BP returned a letter saying they still stood by their decision that our shingles were not defective.
We are now looking into an independent roofing consultant who, we hope, will be able to test our shingles to give an alternative opinion to that of BP Canada.
It would help us if someone out there could tell us who, in Connecticut, does that sort of work.
More BP Canada Complaints & Reviews
- BP Mystique Shingles - will not stay on 
- BP Canada Shingles - poor shingle life - bad warranty! 
- BP - defective shingles 
- BP Mosaic Shingles - shingle problems 
- BP Gas Station - bad customer service 
- BP - refund of money 
- BP Gas Station - gas pump/ cashier and manager 
- British Petroleum - overcharge at fuel station
- BP Garage - complaint re staff 
- BP Gas Station - atm rip off